Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BickleTravis View Post
They're not jerks. A jerk is the guy who cuts you off on the road or doesn't hold a door or takes forever at the ATM.
These people are mentally ill. Protesting at soldiers funerals shows a level of sadism that fortunately is rare in our society.
True!

But you know as well as I do, that some day they're going to go a little to far and someone is going to go "Postal" on the whole lot of them. In the deep south some of those good ole boys don't care about doing time for removing a problem like them, especially if it's a family member who they are laying to rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 04:24 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
These people **** me off more than anything ever has. This past weekend they came to Omaha, Nebraska to protest a military funeral. Public came out in response over 10 fold.

Edwin Wood Funeral in Omaha attracts Protests | Omaha.net

Old 07-18-2010, 05:46 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
These people **** me off more than anything ever has. This past weekend they came to Omaha, Nebraska to protest a military funeral. Public came out in response over 10 fold.

Edwin Wood Funeral in Omaha attracts Protests | Omaha.net
Had a little time to surf the net, and I couldn't resist to see Westboro's "tour schedule". Yes, one of their links is a schedule of funerals, events, etc. that they plan on picketing to further their 'gospel". Coming soon to your hometown!

Here's a few: In between several military funerals in heartland states, they plan on picketing "Comic Con", which is a collectors convention that is held yearly in San Diego, California. This event is the biggest of its kind involving rare and collectible comic books! The date of that show is July 20th.

Also on the lecture circuit is two Lady Gaga concerts they plan on picketing in late july; one in Kansas City and one in Oklahoma City. While they are in Oklahoma City they plan on picketing a Babtist convention(!). Yep!

For a complete listing of their activities, pull up their site. Then click on pickets. Lots of listings there!

Just had a faint thought about Lady Gaga. That scenario should be interesting!

Old 07-18-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Had a little time to surf the net, and I couldn't resist to see Westboro's "tour schedule". Yes, one of their links is a schedule of funerals, events, etc. that they plan on picketing to further their 'gospel". Coming soon to your hometown!

Here's a few: In between several military funerals in heartland states, they plan on picketing "Comic Con", which is a collectors convention that is held yearly in San Diego, California. This event is the biggest of its kind involving rare and collectible comic books! The date of that show is July 20Th.

Also on the lecture circuit is two Lady Gaga concerts they plan on picketing in late July; one in Kansas City and one in Oklahoma City. While they are in Oklahoma City they plan on picketing a Baptist convention(!). Yep!

For a complete listing of their activities, pull up their site. Then click on pickets. Lots of listings there!

Just had a faint thought about Lady Gaga. That scenario should be interesting!
Wow!

Thanks for the info . I took a look and they do seem to keep themselves busy. the idiots.

Lady Gaga!? I'm not a big fan of hers either, but what did she do to them to tick'm off?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:27 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times
They seem to picket whatever is popular. Just a few months ago they went to picket Twitter's home office.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:27 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I was pretty surprised when I looked at their itinerary and saw the picketing of the Baptist convention, but maybe I shouldn't have. Looking a little closer, the convention event is called "The national Association Of Free Will Baptists. One might assume that Westboro might get in a twist over the title "Free Will.". Maybe not, though.

I also thought it was kind of odd why after several picket dates the Westboro people would include a quick trip to California just to picket a comic book convention till I looked a little closer at their schedule. They are planning some sort of protest regarding Al Gore, who just happens to be staying there at that particular date.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Looking a little closer, the convention event is called "The national Association Of Free Will Baptists. One might assume that Westboro might get in a twist over the title "Free Will.". Maybe not, though.

I also thought it was kind of odd why after several picket dates the Westboro people would include a quick trip to California just to picket a comic book convention.
Well as far as the "Free Will Baptist church" goes, from what I remember of them, there is no free will. They put so many restrictions on the women folk, they might as well be labeled "Breading Stock Only". No make-up, no pants, no swimsuits or swimming, no hair salons, subservient to their husbands in everything, and absolutely NO BIRTH CONTROL. The young girls that get married in that church had better be, ready, willing and able to spit the kids out like cockroaches. They should be right up the WBC ally when it come to control.

I wouldn't have a clue to why they would picket a comic book store. Maybe it's because the book store was selling comic strip of their joke of a church.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Here's why Fred Phelps (leader of Westboro Baptist) is so hateful of gays....

Old 07-24-2010, 11:23 AM

That's just way to funny to pass up on handing out point, LOL

Old 07-31-2010, 01:23 AM

10 posts, read 21,156 times
I am a Baptist minister. I am ashamed that Phelps calls his group a church, let alone a Baptist church.

Did you know his son Nate has disowned his father?
After years of silence, Nate Phelps faces off with his anti-gay father - The Globe and Mail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues