Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 12:59 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,074,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
jj~ Honestly sometimes I would love to go back to the 50's.. considering the way the world is today.
'People should be able to live with their own kind' means exactly that. What would you like to do, go around in black neighborhoods, Italian or Asian neighborhoods, or largely white/European-American neighborhoods, and put a gun to everyone's head and order them to disperse amongst other people? Yeah that's a great idea. I call that Liberal Tyranny.
So most whites you know are far too mixed and assimilated to have any real heritage or customs...? Well speak for yourself.. and that's pretty sad. European-American culture & heritage is just as valid as any other one.. but yes, many have been brainwashed into thinking they have none, or they should not care about it, or horrors-! be actually proud of it. But that's their loss. So no, you cannot 'force' everyone to assimilate 100% everywhere if they don't want to.... that would be totalitarianism. Your post shows that some of the worst self-hatred and anti-white racism is practiced by whites themselves....and just shows how ignorant you are of your own ethnicity. 'Oh there's a bunch of whites all living together.. they must be a bunch of WASPS & rednecks.' Oh yes, of course. Obviously! Why, what else could they be...? (snicker.)

A girl (of any background) getting pregnant at 12 is obviously not going to be able to 'take responsibility' as much as a woman of an older age, because she is a child and this means she is a victim of rape (duh.). The person who has to take personal responsibility is the man who got her pregnant, and/or the adult parents who are neglecting her.. along with the parents of the boy (if it was a boy) who got her pregnant. AND the community at large. If we are talking specifically about the 'black community' (which is an utterly racist term if we refuse to recognize the term 'white community').. then it is up to them to get it together and save themselves. Because while non-black folks can try to help here & there (and sometimes succeed)-- no one can do it for them,, no one can 'save them'. And if you believe they are poor little innocent creatures that need to be rescued and saved from themselves... then that sounds pretty patronizing (an racist) to me. And only leads to a false, overflated sense of entitlement... as we have consistently seen in recent history.

People like me refuse to say 'ohh,, the poor things.. they just CAN'T do it! They need our help!!' I would rather say,, 'oh yes they CAN.... they will figure it out. They are not helpless.' It says a lot about the character of a people/race/culture to see how they handle themselves. Some can rise above adversity (just like those of other cultures/races have)... and many can't. So let them figure it out. And in the meantime, I am happy to be with my own culture, and am more than happy to mingle with others IF they act like civilized human beings. Those that don't, I want to be as far as possible from (been there, done that, & paid my dues a million times over), and people have every right to be able to do that.
Are you impaired? UWM(Town of Waukesha)Eastsider was the person who proposed forced integration, I never commented one way or the other how I felt about that particular subject. People like you are delusional and don't exist in the realm of reality. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall, so I'm not going to even bother.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,601 times
jj~I was responding to the comments you made in your post.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM

180 posts, read 663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
I'm not talking about true African culture, because that doesn't exist on a wide scale in America. What they do on a continent half way around the world has nothing to do with what we're talking about here.
Ancestry is one of the biggest influences on any culture. I'm pretty sure that large quantities of beer and brats are still consumed in Milwaukee despite the fact that Germany is just as far away.

Quote:
Not sure, and to be honest, I don't care.
Then why, may I ask, are you commenting in a thread called LET'S WORK TOGETHER TO FIX THE SEGREGATION PROBLEM?

Quote:
I'm not black, so I can't change much in their community. If they want things to change, they've got to start to work on it themselves. With the current state of affairs, white people trying to tell a black community something they are doing needs to change, they get shouted down as being racists.
You sound like you're speaking from personal experience... I can't imagine why anyone would think you were a racist.

Quote:
Hell, even folks like Bill Cosby are ostracized because they are speaking truths that some blacks don't want to hear.
No one has talked about Cosby for half a decade and he was ostracized for being a classist, a hypocrite and completely out of his mind, as anyone who's read the ENTIRE speeches he gave could easily tell you.

Personally, I loved the part where he predicted that this current generation of black men would all soon be sleeping with their grandmothers. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you're just another drone who's co-signing to what you THINK he said without actually reading the speeches.

Quote:
Well, isn't that convenient?

Always the fault of the evil white guys, then? Parents are responsible for their children; not society, not corporations, not teachers. If someone, as a parent, doesn't want their child to be influenced by rubbish like rap music, violent video games, the corner drug dealer, etc. they need to instill the values that will make that child successful.
Didn't you just say "mainstream black culture" was the problem? I can't help that Viacom (BET) and ClearChannel (Radio stations like V100) are owned by white people who've made literally billions of dollars doing what they do.

Quote:
If a single mothers' child ends up slangin' rocks on the corner of 14th and Wright, and I end up having to clean up that mess, it's not my fault nor is it my problem.
No one is asking you to do anything but **** when you have nothing to contribute to a discussion, which is the case here.

Quote:
I call them like I see them. If you saw even a quarter of the behavior I do on a daily basis, you'd agree.

If you do see this behavior and don't agree, you're part of the problem.
I grew up on 55th & Capitol, and then on 19th & State. I've seen enough to know it's no different than a lot of the things I saw white people doing when I was in rural Northern WI.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 PM

180 posts, read 663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Please go back to the 1950's. Honestly, this is 2010, who still says things like "live with their own kind"? You are a dinosaur, and as such, I can't wait until you and the rest of your ilk go extinct.

BTW, what is your own kind? I'm white, however, most white people I know don't share a common culture. Most white Americans are far too mixed and assimilated to have any kind of real ethnic heritage or customs. A bunch of WASPS and rednecks living in suburban enclaves isn't really the same as recent arrivals from Mexico, Somalia, or Vietnam living in an immigrant community.

I love how people like you are so oblivious to the real world, yet constantly try to tell liberals we're the ones living in a fantasy world. Please tell me how somebody who lives in total poverty, who has parent(s) with substance abuse issues, who has to walk past gang members on their way to school everyday, who has no positive role models living in their neighborhood, how exactly does that person take "personal responsibility" when they don't even have food in the cupboards at home? When a girl gets pregnant at 12 years old, how is she supposed to take personal responsibility? I'm just curious.
Highlighted for truth. Great post overall, I can't wait too see how the trolls who only show up for the racial topics dance around this one.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM

68 posts, read 179,005 times
Quote:
Are you impaired? UWM(Town of Waukesha)Eastsider was the person who proposed forced integration, I never commented one way or the other how I felt about that particular subject. People like you are delusional and don't exist in the realm of reality. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall, so I'm not going to even bother.
good memory jj but i'm no longer in the town of waukesha as i have moved out permanently into my eastside apartment.
is anyone reading the entire thread/my post? I realized that I should have said end racism and i just threw out an idea of forced integration, and it has been pointed out to me that its not a good idea. my only thought behind that was if we all lived together we would be more likely to not base judgments on race. I know in almost any neighborhood neighbors become friends. So if we had neighbors that were of other races people would likely become friends and racism would slowly end. I'm sorry a lot of you didn't like the idea, and after some things people have pointed out I realize it wouldn't work. I was just throwing ideas out there.

back on topic people stop arguing. HOW DID WE GET ON THE TOPIC OF PREGNANT 12 YEAR OLD GIRLS?! there has to me something we can do.

Last edited by UWMEastsider; 07-06-2010 at 07:18 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 07:21 PM

68 posts, read 179,005 times
Quote:
I have an idea. How about we fund public K-12 education on a per capita basis, rather than the stupid system we currently have that's based on home values and property taxes. I believe that would go a long way in helping to even the playing field for poor minorities and poor whites.
YES! much easier than my idea i'm suprised i didn't bring this up because me and a friend were just discussing this the other day. why would it be based on property tax that just doesn't make sense to me. Why hasn't this been addressed? all i can find on the net is how the current property tax way of doing things doesnt work and schools everywhere are having budget cuts. I can't find anything about solutions being thought of though?!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 AM

221 posts, read 364,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWMEastsider View Post
okay so i guess some of you missed the fact that i pointed out in my second reply that i messed up and what i was trying to end was racism. And the only solution i can think of to stop this is for segregation to end. If all races lived together they would realize that no race is bad its the person that is bad not their race.

and solas. this thread has nothing to do with my previous. this is something that genuinely bothers me.
Forcing people to mix, who don't want to won't do anything but create more hate.

I mean really, let's send the army over to the mid-east and make Israelis and Palistinians all live in equal percentage neighborhoods... and by most accounts of geneticists the two groups are the *same* race, LOL!

That aside, there's a contradiction afoot that "race is just a social construct" and yet there are folks running around saying "I'm xx% American Indian as deterimined by a genetic admixture test"...

Funny, which is it? Race is a social construct, or something that can be verified down to the percentage point by genetic tests?

*That* aside, there's nothing to say that traits we visibly associate with race can't have actually carry differences, such as the gene for red hair carrying the trait for increased sensitivity to pain:

Study: Redheads' extra pain may cause fear of dentists - CNN.com

Note what they are saying... the very gene that causes red hair, causes the extra sensitivity. I.e. a visible trait flags a neurelogical difference...

"Researchers believe variants of the melanocortin-1 receptor gene play a role. This MC1R gene produces melanin, which gives skin, hair and eyes their color.

While blond, brown and black-haired people produce melanin, those with red hair have a mutation of this receptor. It produces a different coloring called pheomelanin, which results in freckles, fair skin and ginger hair. About 5 percent of whites are estimated to have these characteristics.

While the relationship between MC1R and pain sensitivity is not entirely understood, researchers have found MC1R receptors in the brain and some of them are known to influence pain sensitivity."

Geez, just big musculature and a protruding chin can mark increased testosterone. Which can definitely mean a greater tendency toward physical violence. You have heard of 'roid rage, right?

It's just plain 60's Kumbaya thining (which may really mean dope influenced thinking) to believe there aren't genetic differences that fall along the lines of race, and thus differences in the people of different races.

In this age, of course, since travel is easy and thus mixing is easy, the differences that took eons to evolve are now mixing back together, so ultimately we may end up with "Traitists" replacing "Racists". But it's not far fetched to say some groups just simply won't ever get along, just as some dogs and cats coexist easily and other examples will try to kill each other.

I'd never advocate legislation based on either though. Equal in the eyes of the law, to me, has to be the ideal. But that may mean "right to not associate" as much as "right to live where you want".

No idea what a fair way to reconcile those two polar extremes is though.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
every time a hard working family escapes from the ghetto and moves to a white neighborhood they are practicing segregation, not racial segregation but class segregation. they dont wana live and raise their kids with a bunch of thugs. many americans black and white believe in this type of segregation. those who didnt were sorry later they didnt believe in it. the person who comes to my mind formost is michael jordans father murdered by thugs.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:

I love how people like you are so oblivious to the real world, yet constantly try to tell liberals we're the ones living in a fantasy world. Please tell me how somebody who lives in total poverty, who has parent(s) with substance abuse issues, who has to walk past gang members on their way to school everyday, who has no positive role models living in their neighborhood, how exactly does that person take "personal responsibility" when they don't even have food in the cupboards at home? When a girl gets pregnant at 12 years old, how is she supposed to take personal responsibility? I'm just curious.
Isn't the reality that substance abuse, and gangs are choices? Choices made by a culture that apparently also makes the schools the inhabit violent dangerous places, instead of taking the education offered and trying to achieve something?

The 12 year old girl is not the one that should be taking responsibility, it's the adults around her, right?

What world do you live in.

I'll be the first to say, yes, poverty leads to so pretty awful outcomes. But perpetrating the culture that leads to it is an even worse, real world fact.

And about the only thing a thinking person can do is execute "white flight". I mean really, why subject your family to it? And what could any one person do anyway.

Two things need to happen.

First you need to figure out how to restructure the economy, locally and worldwide so everyone who wants to can live well.

Secondly, you need to get the communities that have the aforementioned problems to change their way of thinking and living.

Both are likely, sadly, intractable at present. So I'd say you have your work cut out for you.

In my opinion the world *is* a hostile place, factually and observably. And the tighter resources are, the worse it is. How you, I, we, or whoever is going to ensure that the first level Maslow Hierarchy things (food, shelter, etc.) are sufficiently abundant and available such that this is not the case, is beyond me.

I mean, just look at Africa, right? Scads of resources... yet people are starving, at least I've been told that my whole life. The sell kids into slavery to pick cocoa, instead of growing food for local consumption. Look at Nigeria, tons of oil... but total corruption.

I don't know what world you're living in, but this one sucks, especially if you aren't wealthy.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas View Post
Highlighted for truth. Great post overall, I can't wait too see how the trolls who only show up for the racial topics dance around this one.
It's pretty simple really. Statistically, black schools have the most "thug" behavior, with the kids rejecting the education offered and thus perpetuate the cycle of their own failure, generation after generation. Only each new generation seems to get more violent and virulent as the other races become more PC about the issue and the blacks learn the others are afraid of them.

For better or worse, at least some of the changes have to come from within the African American culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee