Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 02:21 PM

196 posts, read 474,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Gangbanging and and general violence going on everyday and every year. And this has happened on city buses in the past. This is CRIMINAL behavior, not some social unrest it seems to be indicated. I have a question for you? I live around the Atlanta area. Why hasn't this same behavior occurred in Atlanta? This might just be a Chicago/Milwaukee problem, as this stuff hasn't occurred in many other places, especially not where I live.

And to clarify, gangs have fought on beaches before.
Seconded! I'd like his answer on your "Atlanta" question myself. I could offer statistics as to the obvious and only logical answer, but I want to see how Angorlee is going to dance around the logical answer just because I think it will be laugh out loud ludicrous.

Angorlee, you know, you don't have to remain in America and keep whimpering. Since America being 74% white (and 80% white counting Hispanic whites) doesn't seem to be enough white for you, just move somewhere in Europe. Countries there are practically all white. You can't get any whiter than Europe. Also careful when you get there though. Despite being a developed and well-off continent, the countries with highest crime rates are predominately found in Europe (as shown here Top Ten Countries With Highest Reported Crime Rates).

Taking the trophy for 2nd highest crime rates in the world, behind the United States, is the United Kingdom. The UK is 92% white, 8% foreigner, and of the 8% that is foreigner, only 2.0% black (as shown here United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). Out of the top ten countries with the highest crime rates, only one of those is an African country, and that's South Africa at number 7. Despite there being more records, statistics, and attention for crimes in South Africa, such as here Crime in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for example, where Wikipedia dedicates a page to it, it is nothing compared to Europe's United Kingdom. In fact, the following link, UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph, reads "The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, according to new research" and "The total number of violent offences recorded compared to population is higher than any other country in Europe, as well as America, Canada, Australia and South Africa."). The country with the third highest crime rates is Germany. Germany is 91.5% German; 2.4% Turkish; and 6.1% other, largely consisting of Greeks, Italians, Polish, Russians, Serbo-Croatians, and Spanish (as stated here Germany Demographics Profile 2011). The following link, Black History and Germany - Afro Germans - Afrodeutsche, reads "While compared to other minorities, such as the 2 million Turks living in Germany, blacks are definitely a tiny minority among Germany's 82 million people."
The country with the 4th and 5th highest crime rates are France and Russia, respectively. It's important to note that none of these countries are poverty-stricken exceptions, but very much developed countries in Europe (as shown here Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).
Enormous poverty levels are usually what's behind high crime rates, but what excuse do so many well-off white countries have for containing the most crime?
I suppose this explains the vicious racism against the few blacks that actually live in Europe (as shown here
YouTube - ‪European Racism‬‏ AND HERE Dailymotion - Evacuation de familles sans logement à la Courneuve - une vidéo News & Politics ). I suppose it also explains the five-century long era of socially acceptable anti-black persecution carried out by countless white Americans, all of whom have European ancestries. Also, if you think foreigners are the problem in Europe, I invite you to watch this video:
YouTube - ‪Glasgow Gangs‬‏ related sources: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online AND African Immigrants exceed in ED. , Political Blog, Conservative Bloggers, Republican Blogspot, Political Blogs )
(Side note: this African immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia reads "American immigrants from predominantly black nations in Africa and South America are generally healthier than black immigrants from predominantly white nations in Europe. A study conducted by Jen’nan Ghazal Read, a sociology professor at the UC Irvine and Michael O. Emerson, a sociology professor at Rice University, closely studied the health of more than 2,900 black immigrants from top regions of emigration: the West Indies, Africa, South America and Europe. Blacks born in Africa and South America have been shown to be healthier than American born Blacks." )

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 06-10-2011 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
history09: Sure some of the most crime ridden countries are majoerity white but it isn't whites who are causing all that crime and everybody knows that. Also, poverty does not cause crime, at least amongst whites it doesn't. If it did then the great depression would have been very violent times but they were peaceful times with a low crime rate.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:21 PM

09: If blacks are healthier in other countries then go live there. No one is keeping you here.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM

09: Vicious racism? If whites were so racist you wouldn't even be here much less having all the opportunities that whites have given you. the weakness of whites is that we are too damn kind and tolerant.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
history09: Sure some of the most crime ridden countries are majoerity white but it isn't whites who are causing all that crime and everybody knows that. Also, poverty does not cause crime, at least amongst whites it doesn't. If it did then the great depression would have been very violent times but they were peaceful times with a low crime rate.
Actually, the murder rate during the Great Depression was very high, much higher than it is today. The 1920's were also a time of high violent crime, much of it connected to Prohibition. Ever hear of the Purple Gang? Al Capone? Bugs Moran? Meyer Lansky? Lucky Luciano?

By the way, African-Americans made up a smaller percentage of the population during that time. And somehow, violent crime was higher during the 20's and 30's vs. today.

http://www.jrsa.org/programs/Historical.pdf

Last edited by green_mariner; 06-10-2011 at 03:38 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
09: Vicious racism? If whites were so racist you wouldn't even be here much less having all the opportunities that whites have given you. the weakness of whites is that we are too damn kind and tolerant.
Really? Explain The Congo Free State. The Congo was ruled by King Leopold II of Belgium. The native Congolese were getting their hands chopped off, being starved to death, their women being kidnapped, all so that King Leopold II could get to the rubber to get rich.

And in this nation, slavery in itself was a horrible thing, as well as what happened after. Slavery was also a violent thing in itself. Kind and tolerant? Explain the Jim Crow laws, Black Codes the restrictive covenants based on race, alot of Black people not being able to vote, universities that often excluded people based on skin color, the KKK, lynching, Bombingham, all of the violent protests when some people were trying to integrate neighborhoods in some cities(Chicago, Milwaukee,etc). Kind and tolerant, I don't think so.

You are behaving as if Whites can do no wrong and Blacks are just horrible. Fact is, we, as human being, do all kinds of horrible things. All one has to do is look at things from a historical view to figure that out.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
09: If blacks are healthier in other countries then go live there. No one is keeping you here.
AmericanHistory09 was talking about African immigrants who come to the USA. He was talking specifically about the Africans who were surveyed in Houston,TX.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
Seconded! I'd like his answer on your "Atlanta" question myself. I could offer statistics as to the obvious and only logical answer, but I want to see how Angorlee is going to dance around the logical answer just because I think it will be laugh out loud ludicrous.

Angorlee, you know, you don't have to remain in America and keep whimpering. Since America being 74% white (and 80% white counting Hispanic whites) doesn't seem to be enough white for you, just move somewhere in Europe. Countries there are practically all white. You can't get any whiter than Europe. Also careful when you get there though. Despite being a developed and well-off continent, the countries with highest crime rates are predominately found in Europe (as shown here Top Ten Countries With Highest Reported Crime Rates).

Taking the trophy for 2nd highest crime rates in the world, behind the United States, is the United Kingdom. The UK is 92% white, 8% foreigner, and of the 8% that is foreigner, only 2.0% black (as shown here United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). Out of the top ten countries with the highest crime rates, only one of those is an African country, and that's South Africa at number 7. Despite there being more records, statistics, and attention for crimes in South Africa, such as here Crime in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for example, where Wikipedia dedicates a page to it, it is nothing compared to Europe's United Kingdom. In fact, the following link, UK is violent crime capital of Europe - Telegraph, reads "The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, according to new research" and "The total number of violent offences recorded compared to population is higher than any other country in Europe, as well as America, Canada, Australia and South Africa."). The country with the third highest crime rates is Germany. Germany is 91.5% German; 2.4% Turkish; and 6.1% other, largely consisting of Greeks, Italians, Polish, Russians, Serbo-Croatians, and Spanish (as stated here Germany Demographics Profile 2011). The following link, Black History and Germany - Afro Germans - Afrodeutsche, reads "While compared to other minorities, such as the 2 million Turks living in Germany, blacks are definitely a tiny minority among Germany's 82 million people."
The country with the 4th and 5th highest crime rates are France and Russia, respectively. It's important to note that none of these countries are poverty-stricken exceptions, but very much developed countries in Europe (as shown here Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).
Enormous poverty levels are usually what's behind high crime rates, but what excuse do so many well-off white countries have for containing the most crime?
I suppose this explains the vicious racism against the few blacks that actually live in Europe (as shown here
YouTube - ‪European Racism‬‏ AND HERE Dailymotion - Evacuation de familles sans logement à la Courneuve - une vidéo News & Politics ). I suppose it also explains the five-century long era of socially acceptable anti-black persecution carried out by countless white Americans, all of whom have European ancestries. Also, if you think foreigners are the problem in Europe, I invite you to watch this video:
YouTube - ‪Glasgow Gangs‬‏ related sources: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Mail Online AND African Immigrants exceed in ED. , Political Blog, Conservative Bloggers, Republican Blogspot, Political Blogs )
(Side note: this African immigration to the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia reads "American immigrants from predominantly black nations in Africa and South America are generally healthier than black immigrants from predominantly white nations in Europe. A study conducted by Jen’nan Ghazal Read, a sociology professor at the UC Irvine and Michael O. Emerson, a sociology professor at Rice University, closely studied the health of more than 2,900 black immigrants from top regions of emigration: the West Indies, Africa, South America and Europe. Blacks born in Africa and South America have been shown to be healthier than American born Blacks." )
I certainly would like to know the answer to. Part of why I'm asking. I haven't gotten an answer though.

And everything you have shown in videos, it's stuff I've known about. What it shows is that human beings of every ethnicity can be violent and do bad things.

This incident in Ukraine, members of Parliament getting into fisticuffs.
YouTube - ‪Parliament fight in Ukraine.‬‏

Or this one it Taiwan.

Another thing to look at are sports riots. I watched a video of when the Denver Broncos won the Super Bowl in 1998. What happened later? Riots. There were fans all over the streets trashing things, rioting. One woman commented about car being destroyed. There have been other riots involving sports, such as hockey riots in Montreal, Vancouver and also in Denver. Riots have been known to happen after college sporting events. I don't here people talking about "social unrest" or "long summer". And this stuff happens alot. However, I suspect if some Black people do it, it will be called "social unrest".

YouTube - ‪Taipei - Taiwan - EuroNews - No Comment‬‏

Old 06-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Explain The Congo Free State. The Congo was ruled by King Leopold II of Belgium. The native Congolese were getting their hands chopped off, being starved to death, their women being kidnapped, all so that King Leopold II could get to the rubber to get rich.

And in this nation, slavery in itself was a horrible thing, as well as what happened after. Slavery was also a violent thing in itself. Kind and tolerant? Explain the Jim Crow laws, Black Codes the restrictive covenants based on race, alot of Black people not being able to vote, universities that often excluded people based on skin color, the KKK, lynching, Bombingham, all of the violent protests when some people were trying to integrate neighborhoods in some cities(Chicago, Milwaukee,etc). Kind and tolerant, I don't think so.

You are behaving as if Whites can do no wrong and Blacks are just horrible. Fact is, we, as human being, do all kinds of horrible things. All one has to do is look at things from a historical view to figure that out.
Just to add to your list to further stultify his posting which questions "what vicious racism from whites?" and how the white race has apparently been nothing but kind to the black race:

lynching blacks (including black children and women) before packed out audiences of whites that subsequently set the victim on fire, all awhile celebrating and partying ( as is highlighted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI0gnh7ChDw ) [Note: lynching was only one of the many ways whites murdered blacks because of their skin color]; whippings that were executed with bullwhips ( as shown here Google Image Result for http://poppabear.org/BullWhip.JPG ); bombings; fire hose attacks; teargas assaults; setting attack dogs on blacks; stoning attacks (including to black children and women); spitting; socially acceptable anti-black hate speech; tarring and feathering; raping of blacks; white mobs abducting black individuals and taking them out into deserted areas to torment them for sport and leaving them there for dead; destruction of properties owned by blacks; kicking blacks out of their homes into more crummy, lower-class areas; constant unjustified jailing (for such nonsense as looking whites in the eyes, literally stepping on a white person's shadow, etc. {blacks were also murdered for harmless acts like these}); cutting open blacks and taking apart their bodies; burning blacks alive and cutting them open (including pregnant black women); constant unjust police brutality; owning blacks as slaves (slaves even consisting of children and the elderly); denying blacks all forms of freedom and equal rights even well after the slavery days; white women falsely accusing blacks of sexual assault so as to have them killed; etc. All that psychotic behavior and whites weren't seen as criminals nor even penalized for the most part.

Mind you, this wasn't the non-racist crimes brought on by any poverty-stricken result of racial discrimination which is mainly the case in the African Americna community; this is FIVE CENTURIES of light-years worse brought on by pure racism.

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 06-10-2011 at 05:43 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Whites are absolutely responsible for why Europe's crime rate is so high as they make up the vast majority of Europe's population. If the 2.0% of blacks are the main reason the United Kingdom crime rate is so high, then European countries wouldn't make up most of the top ten countries with the highest crime rates; rather, it be Africa. Same case in America: Whites are committing most of the crimes here because they make up the vast majority. FBI statistics even show that. And you can add the following to Green Mariner's cited information about how crime rates were higher in the U.S. during the Great Depression when the black population was lower:

Annually for years now, non-Hispanic whites in the U.S. have committed over 70% of the crimes

[as shown HERE FBI - Crime in the US, 2002 - Persons Arrested

HERE Tables 38-43 - Crime in the United States 2004

HERE Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2005

HERE Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2006

HERE Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2007

HERE Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2008 AND

HERE Table 43 - Crime in the United States 2009 ].

Despite that however, it's blacks, who make up only 13% of the U.S. population, that represent 41% of the prison population. Non-Hispanic whites, on the other hand, while making up 74% of the U.S. population, represent less than 33% of the prison population (as shown here 67% of Prison Population Is Nonwhite: Time for a Real Debate on Race and Crime | American Third Position ).This very clearly examples how blacks (and it's black males in particular) have it worse than whites in every aspect of law enforcement and the justice system.

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 06-10-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee