Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 AM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devitron5000 View Post
Somehow I came across this clip on youtube and couldn't help but be amused at how many people were making comments about how "not ghetto" an area that so many Metro Milwaukeeans would be scared to visit in the daytime is. Kind of puts into perspective just how paranoid and sheltered most Wisconsin people are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnGQSMkyIjw
Not to mention what people call "ghetto".

Old 01-27-2011, 10:34 AM

158 posts, read 483,614 times
I lived in Tosa more than half of my life, and while these incidents are troubling, they in no way would prevent me from shopping there. It is the most upscale mall we have, and I love the diversity on any given day. Security just has to step up, as they do at Water Tower Place and other fabulous malls in populated areas.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:59 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,294,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt502 View Post
Angorlee, as a 48 year old white male myself, you completely embarrass me!

Someone make it stop...NOW!
I think that you will shed that embarrassment when confronted by 50 or 60 little turds on a dark night somewhere.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
I think that you will shed that embarrassment when confronted by 50 or 60 little turds on a dark night somewhere.
I can understand his sentiment.

As it is, I have actually been attacked in the dark by a few youths, and yes, they were all African-American. Statistically, much of the crime committed by African-Americans in this country is committed against African-Americans. My case was exactly that. I can't and won't go around harboring at attitude of dislike towards African-Americans, or any other ethnicity. It would only hurt me in the end to do so and I wouldn't want someone hating on me.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,670,499 times
Lightbulb Oh Really Now...

Quote:
'Turds'?

Forgive my being late to the party, but I must have been out of the office the day the Almighty descended to Earth (or at least Wisconsin) and sent out an e-mail designating you as His 'Minister of Short-Sighted Insensitive And Just Plain BS Racial And Ethnic Stereotypes'

You really need to get over yourself, and come to the realization that no matter how much long-winded, angry, pseudo-factual dialogue you spout, red-faced and jut-jawed in front of your PC, that people both black AND white are going to use their own judgment when it comes to matters of race relations...

And before you pull out your usual 'brainwashed liberal' junk, trust me, it ain't just liberals who feel like I do...the world as we know it will NOT come to an end at 3:51pm on February 11th 2012, just because blacks, asians, hispanics, and anybody else that's not like you, dares to continue breathing despite all your obsequious ranting to the contrary

Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,294,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
'Turds'?

Forgive my being late to the party, but I must have been out of the office the day the Almighty descended to Earth (or at least Wisconsin) and sent out an e-mail designating you as His 'Minister of Short-Sighted Insensitive And Just Plain BS Racial And Ethnic Stereotypes'

You really need to get over yourself, and come to the realization that no matter how much long-winded, angry, pseudo-factual dialogue you spout, red-faced and jut-jawed in front of your PC, that people both black AND white are going to use their own judgment when it comes to matters of race relations...

And before you pull out your usual 'brainwashed liberal' junk, trust me, it ain't just liberals who feel like I do...the world as we know it will NOT come to an end at 3:51pm on February 11th 2012, just because blacks, asians, hispanics, and anybody else that's not like you, dares to continue breathing despite all your obsequious ranting to the contrary
Whew!! You've got a problem there buddy. All i do is give my personal opinion on matters of importance and you spew out all that degenerate crap. If you knew how many people agree with me I am sure you would faint on the spot.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:40 PM

One can't determine what a summer will be like based on what happens in January. How would the kids get there? Where were the parents? Why did the persons do that stuff? Ask those questions and then one can tell if this is going to lead to more social unrest. Milwaukee already had some social unrest back in the 1960's. Alot of it was visibly sparked by civil rights issues. One of the events sparked by police brutality. This event was unsupervised, reckless youth disturbing the peace and vandalizing/stealing. Why they did it? I don't know. If we know why, we can do something about it. The reasons behind it would be a better determinant of whether or not there is a higher risk of social unrest.
Now, if there was going to be any racially motivated social unrest, it could happen for another reason, if it were to happen: Mall security. Mall officials want tighter security. With tighter security, there is a very high chance for racial profiling. If there is any social unrest at all, it could happen over racial profiling. However, we can't determine if this is a warning for more things to come. Nothing more has been heard.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:38 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,670,499 times
Lightbulb A Little Clarity For You...

Quote:
Whew!! You've got a problem there buddy. All i do is give my personal opinion on matters of importance and you spew out all that degenerate crap. If you knew how many people agree with me I am sure you would faint on the spot.
First of all, this forum most closely resembles one of the laws of physics---to wit, for every action (you giving your 'personal opinion on matters of importance') there is an equal and opposite reaction (myself and other like-minded posters exercising our right to tell you that just because you say something with what passes for conviction, it doesn't mean horsepuckie to us)

Also, 'degenerate crap'? Really now? Just because someone has the spine to speak up and disagree with you, their opinion is 'crap'? Oh, and about all those 'folk that agree with you' and my 'fainting on the spot from their sheer numbers', I really don't give a flying monkey **** about people who think like that...this is a free country and they're entitled to think what they like---just as long as they realize that their 'thinking' won't affect the course of my life one iota, and that they can keep their worn-out stereotypes and other general BS to themselves

Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 AM

68 posts, read 178,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Not to mention what people call "ghetto".
i believe this is driving down north ave? That area is pretty hood in my opinion...

Old 01-31-2011, 03:20 AM

68 posts, read 178,309 times
I work at Mayfair mall. This incident isn't the first time Mayfair mall has had issues. It always has. Since I've started working here 6 months ago I have realized how common incidents at this mall are. For whatever reason this one got a lot of public attention. Probably because of the amount of people involved. I bet none of you know about the man beating his girlfriend on sat 1/22, or the attempted stabbing on sat the 29th? Both of these incidents ended in people being arrested. Nothing on the news about it however even though in my opinion its a bigger deal than 50 high school idiots running around making a fool of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee