Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,215 times

Advertisements

Didn't want to trigger arguments here but really wanted to get your input.

My young kids will go to school pretty soon, and we are thinking about buying a house in the New Berlin or Hamilton districts (probably Menomonee Falls, closer to work). Heard good things about both.

Although I would appreciate a little comparison here. How would these two compare? I heard that Eisenhower is pretty good - how's New Berlin West compared to it? How about the primary schools? Are they roughly the same too?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 06:57 PM

76 posts, read 110,245 times
IMO, I would say both are equally as good (I'm sure there are statistic right here on CD that would prove either way). Personally, being from MF, I would choose Sussex Hamilton; and I would only live in far western MF, as close to Sussex as I could get (this would put your kids into Sussex Hamilton district). I would not put my child into the MF school district, I have heard it is in great decline due to the 220 transfers (in busing of Milwaukee students), however, this may change as the village has decided not to increase their participation in this program. In some cases, house values in MF tend to be a little higher than NB, therefore, resale would be reflected positively in that respect, but again, both communities are pretty much the same, its more personal preference than anything. North Side or South Side?

Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM

28 posts, read 40,605 times
I would say Hamilton is better as far as schools go. Although I disagree with the previous poster. We live in MF (on the east side... ooooohhh!!!) and the schools are good here. They have their fair share of 220 students (bussed in from "the city") but so does Hamilton (I used to work there) and New Berlin (I went to school there). I actually picked MF schools over Hamilton and that's why we live on this side of MF. NB schools are good as well but they have made a LOT of budget cuts in recent years esp. at the HS level (limited the arts and electives mainly) so not as many choices when your kids get to HS. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee