Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:45 AM

278 posts, read 636,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barajaj View Post
hey op, the blink 182 guy sounds like a normal white guy. i think you are mistaken people from milwaukee don't have accents unless your black or ghetto, or white trash, or hipster, or upper white educated..... i mean really there isn't a specific Milwaukee accent... there's a wisconsin accent but thats when you go farther north towards green bay.
Sorry man but everything you just said is entirely wrong and misinformed. I don't mean to put you down but some people just don't have the ear for accents. Most people I'd argue as most people don't even realize they have one. If you think the guy from blink is just a normal sounding white guy you need to listen again and again. Listen to his vowels. Listen to how he says Colorado. Especially the last two syllables. Then compare that with a newscaster. If you can't tell the difference I really dont know what to tell you. hate to say it but I think you're the one whose mistaken.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:09 AM

711 posts, read 1,689,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
Sorry man but everything you just said is entirely wrong and misinformed. I don't mean to put you down but some people just don't have the ear for accents. Most people I'd argue as most people don't even realize they have one. If you think the guy from blink is just a normal sounding white guy you need to listen again and again. Listen to his vowels. Listen to how he says Colorado. Especially the last two syllables. Then compare that with a newscaster. If you can't tell the difference I really dont know what to tell you. hate to say it but I think you're the one whose mistaken.
Are you really taking that poster seriously? Troll is a four letter word around here... so I'll just say they probably live under a bridge... you really didn't figure that out?

Arguing with your own sockpuppet?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Honestly OP- the gentleman in the clip sounds more like someone from the Dakotas or MN. I would have never suggested cali with that accent. Maybe people from Cali try to sound Midwestern unknowingly, being common T.V. speach derives from the Midwest. Late post

Old 01-03-2012, 04:50 PM

16 posts, read 40,615 times
Milwaukeans share an accent with the entire Great Lakes region. This accent is heard from Buffalo to Duluth. Sure, there are provintial differences but the foundation is the same. I don't know what to tell you about the Cali-voiced Milwaukee men you met. Were they hipsters? Did they go out of their way to appear stylish? If so, this might explain what you heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee