Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-26-2012, 11:21 AM
 
11 posts, read 29,678 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Do you consider 92nd and Silver Spring area to be a bad area? It never seems too bad when i drive thru but i was looking at the crime stats for it and the stats make it look pretty bad.


If you go to spotcrime.com/wi/milwaukee/neighborhoods , it shows all the calls to police for each neighborhood within the last month or so. This particular neighborhood is known as Silver Swan and like i say it seems to be alot worse than i thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2012, 12:15 PM
 
Location: La Jolla, CA
7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Reputation: 11675
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Follower View Post
Do you consider 92nd and Silver Spring area to be a bad area? It never seems too bad when i drive thru but i was looking at the crime stats for it and the stats make it look pretty bad.


If you go to spotcrime.com/wi/milwaukee/neighborhoods , it shows all the calls to police for each neighborhood within the last month or so. This particular neighborhood is known as Silver Swan and like i say it seems to be alot worse than i thought.
That neighborhood is a problem. I worked on the north side of MWC (Timmerman airport) for a couple of years. During the day it's all right. Later on, once the neighborhood partakes of ample amounts of narcotics and intoxicants, it's not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Mequon, WI
8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Reputation: 5688
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
That neighborhood is a problem. I worked on the north side of MWC (Timmerman airport) for a couple of years. During the day it's all right. Later on, once the neighborhood partakes of ample amounts of narcotics and intoxicants, it's not good.
Yeah it's not horrible but I wouldn't want to live there. I spend a lot of time there during the day it is fine during the day but at night the freaks come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
 
11 posts, read 29,678 times
Reputation: 15
When i was a kid i lived on 36th and Florist. I hear differing stories about that area as well. Some say its good some say its bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Mequon, WI
8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Reputation: 5688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Follower View Post
When i was a kid i lived on 36th and Florist. I hear differing stories about that area as well. Some say its good some say its bad
I wouldn't say it's bad but yo just gotta know where the trouble spots are. The more south you go obviously it will get worse the closer you get to Silver Spring but even then it depends what block you live on and where you chose to do your shopping. That area is a quiet area the closer you get to Douglas Ave,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2012, 04:51 PM
 
11 posts, read 29,678 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I wouldn't say it's bad but yo just gotta know where the trouble spots are. The more south you go obviously it will get worse the closer you get to Silver Spring but even then it depends what block you live on and where you chose to do your shopping. That area is a quiet area the closer you get to Douglas Ave,
Well i guess the whole of silver spring is bad nowadays even out by like 107th. I sometimes go by there at night and there are always a bunch of gangsters hanging in that cousins lot and that mc donalds lot off 107th nd silver spring after dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top