Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,005 times

Advertisements

I am looking at purchasing a home on 68th street in Enderis Park. From what I've briefly seen this area is pretty nice, but I worry about the immediate surrounding neighborhoods. Can anyone offer insight into this general area? So far when I tell people semi-familiar with Milwaukee that I'm looking at the area around 68th and Center they make it seem like I'm potentially moving into some major "hood" or something. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 PM

156 posts, read 351,233 times
I lived in a part of Tosa near there until about 6 years ago.

The Enderis Park neighborhood always seemed very tidy and well kept, with some beautiful old homes where homeowners have pride in their homes and are committed to the neighboorhood (there is a neighborhood association).

It is right across the street (Center) from a solid part of Tosa. To the west of the Enderis Park neighborhood is Cooper Park/Mt. Mary neighborhood of Milwaukee which is well regarded. To the north is a cemetery.

As you go east of Enderis Park, past Lisbon and 60th, it is a neighborhood of more modest, non-descript homes, maybe you would call it blue collar. And then further east you can have blocks that some would describe as run-down or sketchy.
People vary in their comfort level with living within short distances of areas like this. I did not have any problem with it.

The best way to decide if you like a neighborhood - spend a Saturday strolling around as well as going to the parks and the stores in the area. Since Saturdays are when most are out and about I think you'll get a good sense of whether you'd be comfortable in that neighborhood.

Last edited by Ralph Shinners; 07-30-2012 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: