Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:40 AM

223 posts, read 389,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbradleyc View Post
CoachUSA runs a couple of buses to Kenosha, but I wouldn't call that public transit. That's all there is.
You're really splitting hairs here... it's essentially the same service as the freeway flyers from the counties that border Milwaukee, and it connects Downtown Milwaukee to the Metra line.

Quote:
I'd rather have a house and some land in the country than any of that.
Mequon, Brookfield, Waukesha, etc. aren't exactly the country; and there's plenty of actual country in Wisconsin for someone who wants that environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
What's really sad is the brain drain. Most of the top tier graduates from UW or Marquette are going out of state to Chicago, LA, NYC, etc. For the most part, Milwaukee does not have the amenities and job market to retain the majority of its top talent.
Thank the outstate politicans and their constant need to undermine progress in their state's only major commercial center because they don't like its ethnic population or its voting patterns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,637,121 times
Why do you think it's so different than Minnesota?

Old 04-23-2014, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 6,494 times
Providence, RI is actually a really cool area.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:28 PM

358 posts, read 509,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEastsider View Post
You're really splitting hairs here... it's essentially the same service as the freeway flyers from the counties that border Milwaukee, and it connects Downtown Milwaukee to the Metra line.
Nevertheless, it is a private business, not public.
Coach USA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Mequon, Brookfield, Waukesha, etc. aren't exactly the country; and there's plenty of actual country in Wisconsin for someone who wants that environment.
That's what I mean by "any". I'd rather have a nice rural 5 or 10 acre plot far removed from any metro area.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:44 AM

223 posts, read 389,343 times
Quote:
That's what I mean by "any". I'd rather have a nice rural 5 or 10 acre plot far removed from any metro area.
My bad... I misunderstood. And I agree. If I ever decide to leave the city, it's going to be for somewhere with no neighbors to **** off and a lot of open road for my motorcycle.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 AM

180 posts, read 325,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Wisconsin's an expensive place to live
Sarcasm?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:23 PM

709 posts, read 653,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy1685 View Post
Sarcasm?
Just because it isn't the most expensive place to live doesn't mean it isn't expensive.

Taxes suck, regulations suck, wages suck. Affordable-ish housing doesn't offset all of that.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,153,292 times
Quote:
What's really sad is the brain drain. Most of the top tier graduates from UW or Marquette are going out of state to Chicago, LA, NYC, etc. For the most part, Milwaukee does not have the amenities and job market to retain the majority of its top talent.
In addition to Chicago, LA and NYC, Minneapolis/St. Paul has a better job market than Milwaukee too with lots of amenities...and without the higher cost of living of LA and NYC and without the congestion of all three. (Plus, the Packers are less despised in MN than IL...you can still wear your Packers jersey on weekends. Try that in Chicago. LOL).

Old 04-30-2014, 01:47 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,637,121 times
I drove through salinas on Friday on my way to Carmel valley. One of the prettiest areas of California.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,153,292 times
Quote:
I drove through salinas on Friday on my way to Carmel valley. One of the prettiest areas of California.
Yes, I agree. You will enjoy Carmel Valley. Hopefully, you will get to spend some time on the nearby coast, too. Enjoy the warmer than usual weather (usually at least 10 degrees cooler than we are having now). Thanks for the compliment to the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee