Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times

Advertisements

Okay I have been to 7 bridges not a lot but a hand full of times but upon googling 7 Bridges South Milwaukee you will find webpage after webpage of the hauntings of the 7 bridges area. Every webpage basically says this: It has be rumored that if you go to Seven Bridges and walk the paths during a full moon between the times of 9:30pm and Midnight (Don’t walk alone)you will see different colors of lights dancing around in the woods and if you go farther into the woods you would hear what sounds to be laughter and screams. If you are really quiet you can hear foot steps in the woods coming towards you and with those foot steps you can hear very heavy breathing, if you wait for those foot steps to come to you, you will feel a very uneasy feeling come over you like an evil feeling. It’s said that adults and children have been killed there and even suicides from the people that did the killings. (WARNING! the park closes at 10:00pm, so don’t park in the park after that time, park on a side street. If you get caught by police you will get ticketed). It’s also rumored that if you stand on one of the bridges that a mist or an apparition of a person would happen right in front of you. The

Another posting:

As you enter the park, you cross under a covered bridge that bears the inscription, "Enter this wild wood and view the haunts of nature." Several people through out the parks's existence have committed suicide by jumping or hanging themselves from the main entrance bridge and by other means. When standing on the main bridge looking down into the ravine, often times it looks as though the air is filled with sparkles and shimmers, and has a very strong "feel". Many people have reported seeing colorful glowing lights dancing amongst the trees, and have heard voices and footsteps when there was (seemingly) no one around. At night, you can sometimes hear a strange (and not pleasant) scream/screech coming from something deep in the woods. There have been also been reported sightings of odd human-sized creatures that bear a striking resemblance to a praying mantis. Please heed park hours. You will be ticketed. I know from experience.

Okay this sounds like all mumbo jumbo crap to me but I asked my dad and some older relatives who haven't spent an hour collectivity on the internet and are all north of 50 all told me yeah it's creepy and haunted. Has anyone ever heard this before or is this a bunch of kookie people on the internet wanting to believe there is ghosts and spirits. I tried researching and I cannot find any history of any murder or suicide in the park or from the bridge and with these screams and noises how do you know it's not a bunch of kids from South Milwaukee or anywhere else in the county of a Million people just trying to freak people out. On a side note, this past weekend we were there and I saw two people dressed in all black just sitting on the ground in the middle of the woods, alone. Just sitting there with a hoodie on and they were off the path a good bit. We saw one person on the south side of the creek on top of the hill and the other was on the north side of the ravine. Weirdos probably.

Any info on this? here are some goof ball links I found:

Haunted Places in Milwaukee

Ghosts of Grant Park - Milwaukee sightseeing | Examiner.com

Wisconsin Ghostboard - Grant Park's Seven Bridges

South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Ghost Pictures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 26,045 times
I'm pretty sure it isn't haunted---I've read some stories about it, and I guess the park is pretty strict on being there after hours. On a side note, I've been ghost hunting ONCE. I went to "The Gate" back in Illinois when I was 13, with a bunch of friends the night before Halloween. The gate had so many different versions of its story, but it basically went like this: There was a small school just past the forest's entrance. One day, a crazy guy stormed the school (also have seen the teacher, principal, etc), decapitated all the children, and put their heads on the spikes of the gate. The myth goes that if you go into the forest late at night, you can see their heads frozen in fear/crying/etc. So, my friends and I decided to test this myth.

We found the gate with no problem. No evidence of a school though (supposedly they tore it down), and we were just wandering the forest at 11pm by ourselves. Now, here's where it DID actually get creepy. We had gone one way on the path, found nothing, and started going the opposite direction. We then saw lights, and went to investigate. We found a tiny path off the main one, that led towards a house in the middle of the forest (weird, right?) and started towards it. 4 of us went down this path, the rest stayed at the main one. As we got closer, we all saw something---my best friend and I saw a decapitated looking human outline staggering towards us, and the two others saw something similar. None of us said anything to each other, but we all bolted at the same time. I got tripped and ended up all muddy! I still would like to go back during the day and see if there is actually a house there. Our minds weren't playing tricks on us about that, at least! But I think that when you set yourself up to be scared, your mind will make it so that you see/hear things that you might otherwise not.

Seven bridges is a pretty cool place. I can imagine it being utterly terrifying at night too (one of the pavilions when you go straight forward after the main bridge has carved faces all around it, just look up!), and I think that since the main bridge sign says "haunted" in it, people have interpreted that as they want to. I'd love to go ghost hunting there anyway, just for fun!

Old 11-27-2016, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 10,549 times
Default Seven Bridges, Haunted?

I've lived in Milwaukee my whole life, and have spent a good amount of my time at Grant Park. Granted, it is kind of creepy to be there -especially at night and alone- but I don't know if I would say it is "haunted". I do believe in ghosts, and enjoy looking for suspicious places to check out, but whether it was for a midnight run or bike ride in Grant Park, spending time there late with a girlfriend, or hanging out with friends, I have never seen or heard anything unusual.

I think people psych themselves out, and let their minds play tricks on them. The "glitter effect" or glistening of the stream at night; well of course, that's what the moonlight and water will create. Hearing footsteps or twigs breaking; there are animals in that park, coons, possums, coyotes, dogs, etc. And, if you hear voices in the distance, it's probably other people who are there.

As far as any deaths in that park, I know there have been at least three. Once, the most recent, I believe was in 2014; the body of a man was found near the golf course. Another, a while back, I believe was near the entrance several years ago. And, the most distant one I can remember -which is very vividly- was about ten or twelve years ago, the Milwaukee County sheriff's department was pulling the body of a young man out of the creek. I remember this one because a few friends and myself were there observing the scene. However, I don't recall any of them particularly being homicide or suicide.

I hope this information was helpful, or at least provided some clarity. I know the internet tends to leave some wild accusations, which proves research difficult at times.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:21 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,311,455 times
It seems like it would be a popular place for teenagers to sneak into at night and get stoned or drunk (I've seen empty beer cans and stuff), and intoxicated imaginations can be quite vivid. I don't know anything about suicides and such there, but the noises may have something to do with animals living in the park (screech owls, rabbits and squirrels preyed upon at night by other animals, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee