Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 6,247 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to Lincoln Park area, north of Rufus King---we are moving from NV, but are people from NY and NJ. I have driven the area thoroughly and have met some people and it seems very nice corner of Milwaukee with very affordable houses. Two of the best ranking schools in the country Rufus King High School, and Middle School are in the area. We want to know about the safety of the neighborhood. I have searched news articles online and other crime sites and cannot seem to get a good picture on what crime may be like in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. Thanks for the answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,208,130 times
Neighborhood-about 99% minority, lower income, high crime. Rufus King is a top rated school, but in a terrible neighborhood. I know as I have family across the street from the school-they live there because they have lived there FOREVER-house long paid for and refuse to leave even considering the area. Don't go out at night.
Even during the day, Lincoln park itself can be scary.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyesnow View Post
Neighborhood-about 99% minority, lower income, high crime. Rufus King is a top rated school, but in a terrible neighborhood. I know as I have family across the street from the school-they live there because they have lived there FOREVER-house long paid for and refuse to leave even considering the area. Don't go out at night.
Even during the day, Lincoln park itself can be scary.
Okay I will agree and disagree here. First off I would not classify LP as a "terrible neighborhood since they're bad areas and good areas. Let's start of with the good and nice areas. North of Villard right next to Green Bay Ave is a quiet area right near Eastbrook Church. Everything east of 20th St south of Villard and north of HPT is fine along with South of HPT. LP during the day is fine to good, I am in this very area every day and never felt threatened or scared. It gets worse west of Teutonia Ave. To call LP a terrible area is just bad advice in my opinion. I golf and take walks in Lincoln Park the park, someone coming from Wausau might think it's Compton but compared to other areas of MKE it's down right quiet and calm. HPT Ave doesn't look the best but it's not a terrible area. It may be out of the comfort zone for some people but I don't even think about safety when I am there as opposed to when I am on 20th & Center. Keep in mind that some blocks are worse than others and try to stay away from blocks with a lot of renters. I would check the police stats and talk to neighbors who have lived in that area for a while and the only suggestion I would say is closer to GB Ave the better it gets.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
I will recommend a neighbor that is basically Glendale and still would be probably one of the best options for the Rufus King area check out Milwaukee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI. It's a small enclave isolated from other areas and is surrounded by Glendale a middle to upper middle class suburb.

Milwaukee River Parkway, Milwaukee, WI - Google Maps

Old 12-30-2012, 10:19 AM

156 posts, read 351,127 times
Something very unusual in that neighborhood Milwaukee City is off of 13th between Custer and Lawn Ave. there is a new construction house off to itself that actually has a 4th story. I am surprised that is even permitted, but it must provide great views. I noticed it in person but you can also see it in Google Street View.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee