Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:51 PM

44 posts, read 131,683 times

Advertisements

Hello experts,

We are considering a job related relocation to Wisconsin. Work will be in Milwaukee.
Now my questions:
1- Where is the best School system? Elementary and Middle
2- Up to 45 minutes commute is fine
3- Clean, safe, family oriented area- sport facilities, things to do for kids, you know, usual stuff
4- Budget no issue -
Pls list cities, counties -

THANK YOU ALL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM

458 posts, read 1,248,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfacs View Post
Hello experts,

We are considering a job related relocation to Wisconsin. Work will be in Milwaukee.
Now my questions:
1- Where is the best School system? Elementary and Middle
2- Up to 45 minutes commute is fine
3- Clean, safe, family oriented area- sport facilities, things to do for kids, you know, usual stuff
4- Budget no issue -
Pls list cities, counties -

THANK YOU ALL
Need a little more information. Just about any MKE suburb fits those requirements.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
Need a little more information. Just about any MKE suburb fits those requirements.

Well, we have no info about any area- never been to WIOur information is based on search sites and this forum.
School is #1 priority - which county has the best school system?
Where is a higher end area with newer homes? If the list is 1 to 10 perhaps we can pick #5 ? I am guessing!
stay away areas, any info would be great.
Thanks.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:37 PM

458 posts, read 1,248,989 times
As far as schools go, just stay out of the city of Milwaukee and you should be fine.

On the North side:
Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, Bayside, Mequon

On the West side:
Brookfield, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls

On the South side:
Franklin, Oak Creek

All of these are safe, clean, short commute into MKE, and have good schools.

This is why I requested more information. Like do you want a newer house? What size yard? What type of community? Etc..etc..

Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
Yeah, good schools aren't really confined to counties here. Some people have opinions about which ones are best, but there doesn't seem to be a huge difference among most suburbs.

Willingness to do a 45 minute commute gives you lots of options. Milwaukee's metro is fairly compact for its population size.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
The 2 best schools academic wise are Homestead in Mequon(high school) and Whitefish Bay high school. If you are looking for acting/theater drama/production then Shorewood. If I was to choose for my kids in terms if high schools that would be my 1 and 2 but as others said all of Milwaukee suburbs do really well district wise you have to do your own research on each individual school to get a real clear picture. When you look at the really successful and intelligent people on the many Forbes lists, you will notice a lot of people didn't go to big popular schools a lot of them went to pretty mundane schools, yes you will see a lot of Harvard's and Yale's but you also see a lot of George Masons and Houston University and University of Albuquerque's.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
As far as schools go, just stay out of the city of Milwaukee and you should be fine.

On the North side:
Whitefish Bay, Fox Point, Bayside, Mequon

On the West side:
Brookfield, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls

On the South side:
Franklin, Oak Creek

All of these are safe, clean, short commute into MKE, and have good schools.

This is why I requested more information. Like do you want a newer house? What size yard? What type of community? Etc..etc..

Great, thanks- how would you rank them? if we were to pick an area which one would you say is to go for?
Newer homes 2500 to 3500sqf - single family with enought back yard for kids- type of cimmunity? safe, young family type, parks, Rec centers around, etc...

Thanks again

Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Yeah, good schools aren't really confined to counties here. Some people have opinions about which ones are best, but there doesn't seem to be a huge difference among most suburbs.

Willingness to do a 45 minute commute gives you lots of options. Milwaukee's metro is fairly compact for its population size.
That's right, everyone has an opinion about school ranking, we use a web-site which you can check the ranking based on tests results- but that does not always indicate a good community, but sends you in right direction, at least that is here in MD.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
The 2 best schools academic wise are Homestead in Mequon(high school) and Whitefish Bay high school. If you are looking for acting/theater drama/production then Shorewood. If I was to choose for my kids in terms if high schools that would be my 1 and 2 but as others said all of Milwaukee suburbs do really well district wise you have to do your own research on each individual school to get a real clear picture. When you look at the really successful and intelligent people on the many Forbes lists, you will notice a lot of people didn't go to big popular schools a lot of them went to pretty mundane schools, yes you will see a lot of Harvard's and Yale's but you also see a lot of George Masons and Houston University and University of Albuquerque's.
We look into those areas, thanks. For now we need good Elementary and Middle schools
Totally agree, most successful folks didn't even have education-

Old 02-01-2013, 11:16 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Once again I have to say look west. Waukesha County is loaded with areas of great school systems. Lake Country has super communities, great schools and is an easy commute in on Highway 16 to 94. No big deal. Really you do need to consider those options also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee