Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,956 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Milwaukee area after my bf job got relocated. We are both in our 20's and enjoy living in the city.I have talked to people and they have suggested living in third ward or east side. Anyone know of any good buildings in those areas? I am having trouble finding any. Our budget is 1200 and we have a dog

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,465,005 times
You can call Gorman & Company and ask about units with price and pet policies you are looking for: http://www.gormanusa.com/For-Rent/Property-Search.aspx

There Kunzelman-Esser Lofts allows up to 2 pets. The problem is... they don't seem to have any available units: Apartments for Rent Milwaukee,WI | Amenities | Kunzelmann-Esser Lofts

Their Historic Lofts on Kilbourne isn't any area of the city you probably want to be in.

Inquire about their Blue Ribbon Lofts and their Lofts in the Fifth Ward.

It's going to be finding a place that allows dogs--in your budget too--which is going to be the tough one.

You'll probably find it easier to find an East side duplex that will allow you one dog.

But talk to the management of some apartments on the phone. Some might be willing to sign an agreement, with extra charge, allowing you and your boyfriend to have a dog included into your lease contract as well.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,419,261 times
Can I ask, and I think this will help the OP as well... what kind of notice do most places require when you're moving out?

For example, I need something no later than May 1st... will I see more rentals available come April 1st (30 day notice)? or?

Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM

711 posts, read 1,685,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Can I ask, and I think this will help the OP as well... what kind of notice do most places require when you're moving out?

For example, I need something no later than May 1st... will I see more rentals available come April 1st (30 day notice)? or?
For my rental, I usually ask for 60 days notice but in the past I've used 30 days. It depends on the type of lease that's used or circumstances that come up.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 PM

545 posts, read 1,480,916 times
Most places around here require 30 days notice, but they can always ask for more.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:26 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,173,326 times
I'm having trouble finding anything online for our unique situation-our pets are all at the end of their lifespan and require special care-we're not in a situation to buy a home yet so we'll have to rent in the area as well.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,419,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
I'm having trouble finding anything online for our unique situation-our pets are all at the end of their lifespan and require special care-we're not in a situation to buy a home yet so we'll have to rent in the area as well.

I've been using craigslist, padmapper, rentjungle, and random commercial renting websites.
It seems there are many property management companies that don't share their inventory on the other websites.. maybe contact one of them?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 AM

458 posts, read 1,245,367 times
1200 a month won't get you much in those areas. Especially not in any of the larger complexes. You may actually need to walk around the areas looking for "For Rent" signs to find what you are looking for. Especially if you're looking for places that allow pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee