Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 08:53 PM

402 posts, read 976,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
People are more likely to say something to your face if you're wearing a Bears Jersey or a Cubs hat otherwise nobody is going to care what you do. Trust me, I get called all sorts of things on Sunday and Monday when I wear my Bears gear.

I would agree with this hearing people talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:41 AM

36 posts, read 59,111 times
Ok, well thanks anyway Paul. And thanks so much once again for the moving ideas. =D Will be looking more into that this week. Can't wait to look into the place you suggested!

Old 08-31-2013, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 4,292 times
I would say the East side is probably your best bet in terms of gay friendly. Greenfield is also good. Long term dont settle down in Mil. High Crime rate, rude people everywhere. Parking checkers that nickle and dime your for every penny. And yes crime also happens on the east side especially after dark so be very careful.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:07 PM

402 posts, read 976,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srasheed View Post
I would say the East side is probably your best bet in terms of gay friendly. Greenfield is also good. Long term dont settle down in Mil. High Crime rate, rude people everywhere. Parking checkers that nickle and dime your for every penny. And yes crime also happens on the east side especially after dark so be very careful.

Not true. Crime can happen anywhere and I cannot remember last time I met a rude person. Parking checkers do NOT nickel & dime you, unless you are parking ILLEGALLY.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 PM

158 posts, read 660,518 times
Quote:
Do you even live in Milwaukee?

The East Side is LGBT friendly, but if you wanted to be in the heart of acceptance, Walker's Point would be it.

And I won't even touch the crime comment...

I've lived in Milwaukee for about 10 years now, and it's a friendly city throughout.

I will admit, parking checkers are hardcore and will get you for even the smallest technicality in some areas (Walkers Point), but they only get ya when you are violating the law...so, eh... I will say, I thought they were pretty lax on the East Side.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:57 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
You're incorrect about rude people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
Not true. Crime can happen anywhere and I cannot remember last time I met a rude person. Parking checkers do NOT nickel & dime you, unless you are parking ILLEGALLY.
The parking checkers here are notorious. They're vultures. So yes, they do nickel & dime you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iburytheliving View Post
Do you even live in Milwaukee?

The East Side is LGBT friendly, but if you wanted to be in the heart of acceptance, Walker's Point would be it.

And I won't even touch the crime comment...

I've lived in Milwaukee for about 10 years now, and it's a friendly city throughout.

I will admit, parking checkers are hardcore and will get you for even the smallest technicality in some areas (Walkers Point), but they only get ya when you are violating the law...so, eh... I will say, I thought they were pretty lax on the East Side.
Actually, yes, the east side is known for being liberal & open. Maybe you're simply thinking of Walker's Point in terms of gay bars. Parking checkers are the worst on the east side, near UWM, and also downtown so no, I wouldn't say they're lax on the east side. Not at all.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You're incorrect about rude people.

The parking checkers here are notorious. They're vultures. So yes, they do nickel & dime you.

Actually, yes, the east side is known for being liberal & open. Maybe you're simply thinking of Walker's Point in terms of gay bars. Parking checkers are the worst on the east side, near UWM, and also downtown so no, I wouldn't say they're lax on the east side. Not at all.
Of course the East Side is liberal/open, which is why I said the East Side is LGBT friendly. But specific to LGBT, Walker's Point is the heart of acceptance.

And I lived on Locust/Downer (and had friends in the greater Upper East Side area) for seven years, and the parking checkers in that area were substantially more lax than what I've seen since living in Walkers Point/3rd Ward. It might not be lax compared to other areas of the city though.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 AM

28 posts, read 79,927 times
How come you aren't moving to Maryland? That state is cool. Milwaukee is too, but I would want to move to Maryland if just for the crabbing and stuff. I mean, given the opportunity. I have been there before and it is fun. I think there are more gay people in America than there is straight, and more bi than either. East side does rock. Only thing that I cannot stand about that section is the parking situation. Bayview, same thing. Fun comes at a price, rent is high and parking tight, insurance higher rates.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingonit View Post
Bayview, same thing. Fun comes at a price, rent is high and parking tight, insurance higher rates.
I'll assume that last sentence is not about Bayview, because Bayview has substantially cheaper rent and easier parking than comparable properties on the East Side. And regarding insurance rates, the East Side is actually cheaper than many parts of the city (my insurance went up $70/month from moving from the East Side (53211) to Walker's Point (52304).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee