Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 519 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! Female in my mid-twenties from Minneapolis considering moving to Milwaukee for grad school with my girlfriend/partner. We will probably be sharing a car, with my partner using it mainly and me using public transit and bike commute. Any recommendations for neighborhoods in the city to look at? The closest to good bus/train lines and/or campus the better. I know very little about Milwaukee honestly (so any comments about the city in general are welcome!). Thinking fall/ winter 2015. Planning to visit this summer!

Last edited by annrandaMPLS; 01-04-2015 at 06:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 10:11 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,211 times
There are decent neighborhoods with good rentals right around campus. For grad students, the most popular would be the areas immediately southeast and east of campus (east of Maryland Ave and Downer Ave; north of North Ave) as well as the southern part of Shorewood (a suburb) immediately north of campus. These are quieter neighborhoods but still close to campus and have a good mix of students and homeowners. There are alos lots of rentals just south, southwest, and west of campus, but these areas are a bit noisier and more popular with undergrads. Still, you might find a specific building or microneighborhood that suits you.

A little farther afield, but still close by bus/car (or a longer walk) is the Brady Street neighborhood south of campus (and south of North Ave., which I referenced above). There are students in the area, but also a mix of professionals and other folks.

All of these areas are very LGBTQ friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee