Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 03:27 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
You all are hilarious.

Like I've mentioned many times before, I didn't know that once you move away from an area, you are no longer allowed to speak of the place you came from and spent almost three decades in... As fragile points out... Again.

And so what if the talking point is negative..? Obviously after spending THAT much time in the area, I have many friends and loved ones still living there... It still (and always will) matter to me what condition the city is in.
I'm unaware of the rule where you can only speak positively about the place from which you came.
Negative comments are fine, but showing a perverse voyeurism for Milwaukee's misfortunes is a bit beyond that. You seem obsessed with Milwaukee's crime.

Quote:
I feel like I am talking to three year olds... You'd think this would be common sense.

I speak upon it and I'm disappointed in it because I still give a **** about it... But apparently this concept is too difficult to understand.
In fairness, some of your other posts seem to reflect a genuine interest in aspects of the city, but then you keep coming back to internet rubbernecking: "Hey, Milwaukeeans, how about those MURDERS????"

I guess I just can't understand your morbid curiosity of this place.

Quote:
And again... I wouldn't try to compare the two cities (you all seem to have this fixation on Vegas that is rather odd for not ever having lived there)... Christ... At least I have lived in both for significant time... You all can't stop blabbing about a city you've NEVER lived in lol.
Well, it probably has something to do with your Milwaukee Forum debut, in which you made monumental efforts to conclude that Milwaukee is an unsafe city, and in which you referenced Las Vegas as something to be much prouder of.

You can't seem to stop blabbing about how horrible Milwaukee is to you, yet you keep coming back for more.

In the recent past, several other posters (such as "Milt" and others) have come onto this forum specifically to bash the city and yell "Nyah-nyah-nyah" while reciting the latest crimes committed within its borders. I'm sorry if you feel unfairly lumped in with these people, but your posts about crime in Milwaukee have not been much different from the taunting and reckless nature of those posts.

Quote:
To inform you specifically Epi, Sin City gets it's name from VISITORS thinking they can come here and do whatever they want... Not the residents. They get this "free for all" perception of the city which is false to begin with and the VISITORS are the ones ending up in Jail. With my profession, I see it every night.
Except for the residents who murder, rape, rob, etc., in your fair city.

Quote:
And if you knew Vegas at all, you would realize it is FAR more family friendly than you put on.
Getting defensive? LOL-- join the crowd.

Quote:
Again... Why are we even talking about Vegas? Ahhh that's right... Because it is listed in my name and profile... I suppose if it was Miami_Cabbie, you tards would have to suffocate South Beach with all your might too lol.
No, because you've made a mini-industry here of trolling the boards, deriding Milwaukee, and holding Vegas up as a shining beacon of excellence. That is your reputation around these parts.

Quote:
I mean seriously... Isn't anybody else wondering how in one-year's time, a year can begin with 15 killings from THREE.
If I am the only one... Hmmm... A bit taken back by that, fine. But I find that to be very hard to believe.
If the numbers were reversed--if there were 3 this January and 15 last January-- I bet you would not have noticed or cared to bring it up here. You seem to take an odd delight in Milwaukee's problems.

Each year is different. This January was much warmer than January 2014, so maybe the weather explains things. Poverty and segregation are getting worse. Maybe some specific quarrels just happened to explode into violence at the same time in January of 2015, instead of December 2014. Again, there are threads on this already, and those threads--a couple of which you have been a part of--explore these things already. Do we really need yet another thread on murders in Milwaukee? We haven't seen a new thread in the past couple of days on the condition of roads in Wisconsin--maybe you should create yet another one of those, as well.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:53 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times
One cannot answer your question just by doing statistics. If you really care, you need to review case by case, all 15 of those and then make a decision. Was it a new turf war in some neighborhood? Some economic news? Bad deer season? Organized terrorist organization? Police brutality? Without looking into each case, and comparing it also on case by case basis not only with previous January, but also with previous December and February and over at least a few years, it's impossible to answer.

It ain't feeling too scary to walk around where I live and I live in not the most economically sound area anyways, so my gut feeling says Milwaukee is OK for normal non-crime-affiliated law-abiding folks not seeking troubles.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:21 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hey, the city was the same when you left so don't act all affronted. And I guarantee that your friends & family aren't calling you with the vapors, flapping their hands in despair about this poor desecrated city. Give me a break. No one would give you crap if you weren't the constant prophet of doom every single time you post on here. It got old a long time ago.
Fragile... I discuss MANY topics regarding Milwaukee and Wisconsin...

In fact... I recently started a new thread asking residents which new Milwaukee project they are most excited about...

And yet that thread was absolutely dead.

SSssssooooo where was everybody then??

Old 02-10-2015, 05:35 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Fragile... I discuss MANY topics regarding Milwaukee and Wisconsin...

In fact... I recently started a new thread asking residents which new Milwaukee project they are most excited about...

And yet that thread was absolutely dead.

SSssssooooo where was everybody then??
And that effort reflects the positive, constructive side of your presence on the forum. But even so, I thought it was odd that you didn't offer your own opinion on the very question you posed (regarding new Milwaukee projects).

Old 02-10-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
And that effort reflects the positive, constructive side of your presence on the forum. But even so, I thought it was odd that you didn't offer your own opinion on the very question you posed (regarding new Milwaukee projects).
I was waiting for replies to start a discussion lol... I think like one dude said something and even then it came delayed.

I am also constantly discussing Wisconsin sports as well... But those are obviously in the sports forums.

The point is, you're gonna get a negative result when you only look at negative posts... Empi, at least you see more than one side of the coin.

I made the thread because I still have the local (Milw) news channels FB pages "liked" ... And their posts started getting a little crazy with the shootings and such. I looked up the homicide tracker and sure enough, it was going nuts.

Side note ... I am certified by Amdecon, so these are things I have always paid attention to.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:43 PM

Driver Who Hit Toddler Starts Events That Leave 4 Dead - ABC News

43 homicides in Milwaukee... At this time last year, there were 14.

Yikes.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:45 PM

2 posts, read 2,642 times
First time poster, long time lurker.

I love Milwaukee, and Wisconsin.

The bickering in this thread is adolescent and not worth responding to.

Crime is most definitely a problem, obviously confined to the ghetto just to the west of the income divider (Milwaukee River) none-the-less is sad but frankly does not represent what Milwaukee really is and wants to be.

A solution? Challenging problem as mostly seems to stem from people being intoxicated or not being able to cope emotionally in arguments/disagreements or high stress situations. Crime, other than auto thefts, is rarely randomly violent in areas people actually go to enjoy the city and I have never felt unsafe in this city.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:40 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
This thread has been cleaned up. Recent personal attacks and numerous off-topic posts have been deleted. Personal attacks are a violation of the Terms of Service. Keep it up, and you may earn yourself a permanent ban from posting.

Mtn417 is correct. The adolescent bickering and posturing hijacks threads and fails to generate intelligent and insightful discussion.

This thread is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: