Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:12 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,892,582 times

Advertisements

From JSOnline:

According to the police, around 5 p.m. Friday they observed four individuals in a red Chevy Tahoe with vehicle plates issued to a dealer. When store employees saw a red Chevy Tahoe outside the store Monday, they called the police department.

Dixon had asked for extra watch on his store Monday after a Green Bay store that sells Rolex watches was burglarized on Sunday, the police report indicated.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomkay View Post
I don't make excuses for people who have committed crimes, have no motivation to WORK for a better life, and do absolutely nothing to raise their children.

We are talking about black people like me who don't live in the ghetto, work, raise our children well, pay taxes, and ask society for nothing. We only ask to be treated as individuals. There are many black people in the area who do not live in the "hood" and there are many of us who send our children to private schools at our expense. But, if I want to step out and shop I have to dress in my Sunday's best as to not appear ghetto like those "other blacks?"
Not necessarily. But would you happen to drive with other guys in a big red chevvy with dealer plates (i.e. without any proper license number) and be dressed in a particular fashion popular in the hoods by a jewelry store which was recently burglarized, right about its closing time, would you be really surprised if they would call police? Don't you think if a group of white bikers stop by and they were previously burglarized by some biker, they would act differently?

And what exactly happened? Store employee called a friendly Whitefish Bay cops who inquired about person's ID and then helped to refute employees concerns. Me, being a white male, had been stopped by a friendly WFB cop a few days ago politely asking what the hell am I doing driving at 4AM... I explained and it took me 20 minutes, but I don't shout racism, or well since I'm not born in USA I could scream nazism?

Old 10-20-2015, 09:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
From JSOnline:

According to the police, around 5 p.m. Friday they observed four individuals in a red Chevy Tahoe with vehicle plates issued to a dealer. When store employees saw a red Chevy Tahoe outside the store Monday, they called the police department.

Dixon had asked for extra watch on his store Monday after a Green Bay store that sells Rolex watches was burglarized on Sunday, the police report indicated.
Maybe you should post the actual article & read it.
Bucks' John Henson says he was racially profiled in Whitefish Bay

The actual incident with Henson happened on Monday, not Friday. You need to get your facts straight.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Maybe you should post the actual article & read it.
Bucks' John Henson says he was racially profiled in Whitefish Bay

The actual incident with Henson happened on Monday, not Friday. You need to get your facts straight.
This was posted in JSOnline (thx for the link) - take your beef to their editorial stuff. I merely copied and pasted what was there

Old 10-20-2015, 09:27 AM

> The actual incident with Henson happened on Monday, not Friday. You need to get your facts straight.

I wasn't there to know better, but usually police records don't lie about dates and times they were called... I would go by what police said officially on the record, not Mr. Henson's twit post.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
> The actual incident with Henson happened on Monday, not Friday. You need to get your facts straight.

I wasn't there to know better, but usually police records don't lie about dates and times they were called... I would go by what police said officially on the record, not Mr. Henson's twit post.
I wasn't going by his twitter post. I was going by the actual js article. You know, the one you incorrectly quoted & the one that I provided so you could get it right? Maybe you need to re-read it because you're still not getting it right.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:34 AM

How can I read it wrong if I cut and pasted the quote from that same article???

Old 10-20-2015, 09:36 AM

Actually, the incident happened on Friday, by both Mr.Henson own account and police records. On Monday president of the store chain issued an apology. You need to read the article yourself in full before suggesting it to other people.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
How can I read it wrong if I cut and pasted the quote from that same article???
Friday is not Monday. Monday is when this happened.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Friday is not Monday. Monday is when this happened.
Huh, reading comprehension is an acquired skill apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee