U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 PM

4 posts, read 4,533 times

Advertisements

When I lived in Boston, Detroit and Cleveland I belonged to the BDPA (Black Data Processors Assn),
and NSBE (Natl Soc'y of Black Engineers), BMBA (Black MBAs), and 100 Black Men.

Are there any such orgs in the Milwaukee area? New to town and hoping to give back to the
community.

I contacted BDPA and BMBA from their website but never heard back so I assume their inactive.

Anyone know of other african-american (black) organizations out there in the Milwaukee area?
Thanx
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 10:17 PM

1,478 posts, read 637,158 times
I know nothing about those organizations. But in terms of the NSBE or something similar to it I would hazard a guess MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering) would be able to point you in the right direction if you contacted them.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:39 AM

251 posts, read 307,848 times
Yes, I am involved with the Black MBAs here in Milwaukee. I will inbox you.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 AM

65,539 posts, read 91,367,902 times
This may help: https://www.wisconsinjobnetwork.com/...LDDF95GEUJ9DC7

The Milwaukee Urban League (MUL)
Milwaukee Urban League Young Professionals - Home

Old 01-04-2017, 10:32 AM

1,478 posts, read 637,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomkay View Post
Yes, I am involved with the Black MBAs here in Milwaukee. I will inbox you.
Why don't you just post it so if other professional black people with a STEM or MBA background moving to Milwaukee have a similar question they can just read it easily in this thread. I hate elitist Masonic-like secret s$&#. Gnostic information of secret enlightenment for a handful.

The attractive thing about the Cuban Revolution was it was for all. Kind of like unions and passing on information to workers about organizing. Or Orthodox Christianity vs Gnosticism. The former passed on info to all. The latter was predicated on passing on information, in stages, to an elite few.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:49 AM

251 posts, read 307,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
Why don't you just post it so if other professional black people with a STEM or MBA background moving to Milwaukee have a similar question they can just read it easily in this thread. I hate elitist Masonic-like secret s$&#. Gnostic information of secret enlightenment for a handful.

The attractive thing about the Cuban Revolution was it was for all. Kind of like unions and passing on information to workers about organizing. Or Orthodox Christianity vs Gnosticism. The former passed on info to all. The latter was predicated on passing on information, in stages, to an elite few.

The OP specifically stated he/she attempted to reach out through websites. A lot of the time people involved in these organizations are not checking the websites on a regular basis. It's easier for him/her to connect with me personally and I can get the introductions flowing and the connections made faster. I am not going to post my personal links and connections on here.

It's unfortunate that you feel I am being elitist.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:34 AM

448 posts, read 1,687,055 times
The Nigerian community is pretty strong in Milwaukee and there are plenty of engineers that I know of that are involved with their organization. Of course their focus is primarily their immigrant group but if you want to network with professionals then it's an option.

Nigerian Community In Milwaukee, Inc.

You may want to talk to the Chamber of Commerce, they will help you find what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: