Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 06:04 PM

4 posts, read 2,900 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone - looking for some help and input. My family and I are moving from West Palm Beach, Fl to Milwaukee for my job. My job requires I travel around the region quite a bit so i'm looking for an area to live centrally located. My region is mostly south of Milwaukee (outlining Franklin, Kenosha, Lake Geneva, Muskego, and everything in between). I will be officed out Kenosha or Racine.

There are a few top of the list items that are most important to us, commute time (since we have kids and would like to be home by dinner time), convenience to shopping, restaurants, and fun things to do since my wife stays at home, and safety and schools (not ready yet, but will be in 5-6 years).

After doing some research, we figured Mt. Pleasant seems to be an area that we would like to live in, problem is, everyone I ask about Mt. Pleasant doesn't seem to know much about Mt. Pleasant (most of my contacts are in the northern suburbs of Milwaukee.

Is there anyone who can tell me more about life in Mt. Pleasant? We are most interested in the western part of Mt. Pleasant - further from Racine. Other considerations for us are Franklin, Oak Creek, New Berlin, or Muskego. We seem to hear more favorable things about our alternatives; but there's more bang for your buck with regards to housing in Mt. Pleasant. It seems as tho the closer you get to Racine, safety becomes an issue, but the outskirts look fine. Are there things to do with the Kids? Is it safe?

Would appreciate any suggestions, comments, or thoughts!

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee