Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 01:49 PM

10 posts, read 9,718 times

Advertisements

Hello
New here, new to Milwaukee
I am conferring a home purchase in the Sherman park area.
Very nice historic home

Looking at all the “activity” is this an area that will be considered dangerous?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 02:42 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,003,490 times
Where in Sherman Park? The neighborhood can vary greatly depending on location.

Last edited by Allan Trafton; 03-15-2018 at 04:08 PM..

Old 03-15-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Where in Sherman Park? The neighborhood can vary greatly demanding on location.
north grant 2700 block

Old 03-15-2018, 04:22 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,003,490 times
Grant between Center and Hadley. Grant is a very attractive street with beautiful well kept homes. The problem is the blocks to the east. They are rough. I'm sure they have a block watch and the neighbors keep a close eye on things. Try to talk to long time residents of the area and see how they feel. They will give you a better idea what's going on. I know a family on Grant which is headed by a doctor and I'm sure there are more professional types there.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:08 PM

funny how when I go to the crime stats for this exact area its non existent, no renters, long term owners.
Its close to Hadley.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:07 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times
You should be ok, as long as you don't walk at nights and keep your property secured.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:25 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
I looked at buying a house over there, very beautiful homes. Like AT said some blocks are better than others. Personally I would look at the homes in which it's technically Sunset heights but like Bay View most people lump it in with Sherman Park. Look at 50th street to 58th between Burleigh and Roosevelt Drive. This area has the nicest homes and go from block to block and see which blocks are kept up the nicest and choose that block. Before when I looked at moving into that area I walked it on foot in the morning, afternoon and evening on the weekends just to judge the noise and traffic and feel. Often neighborhoods will be peaceful and quiet during the week but come the weekend it can be party town when the sun goes down. I wouldn't buy a home with the intent of the value of the home rising, maybe a little bit but if you buy a home there don't be surprised if the value drops quiet a bit, but like I have said in the past, if you like it and love your house who cares. There is a hospital there so sirens will be common but you'll get used to it.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
. I wouldn't buy a home with the intent of the value of the home rising, maybe a little bit but if you buy a home there don't be surprised if the value drops quiet a bit.
thanks for the comment

yes you are right, the house will go up in value, or it will go down in value, just like you wrote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: