Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:52 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
This attitude amazes me. It's sad how people are becoming so willing to surrender their privacy rights, and more and more, their civil liberties.
Oh I totally agree, but I guess w/some things it's kind of a given. Me, I'm not too worried about doing things online, at least not yet since nothing's happened yet. I have to admit though, w/CCAP it can be useful, as long as you can take it w/a grain of salt & understand that just because someone got a disorderly or something similar doesn't mean they're a complete criminal.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM

153 posts, read 565,593 times
Quote:
Oh I totally agree, but I guess w/some things it's kind of a given. Me, I'm not too worried about doing things online, at least not yet since nothing's happened yet. I have to admit though, w/CCAP it can be useful, as long as you can take it w/a grain of salt & understand that just because someone got a disorderly or something similar doesn't mean they're a complete criminal.
I agree, disorderly conduct could mean a number of things. w/CCAP doesn't say what kind of disorderly conduct took place. I guess that's a good thing if that's on your record. As for online surfing, I wouldn't be surprised if our ISPs were tracking all of our moves. That is a given. Oh well, they must be overwhelmed with data and stats.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusting View Post
I agree, disorderly conduct could mean a number of things. w/CCAP doesn't say what kind of disorderly conduct took place. I guess that's a good thing if that's on your record. As for online surfing, I wouldn't be surprised if our ISPs were tracking all of our moves. That is a given. Oh well, they must be overwhelmed with data and stats.
Yep, they've got their work cut out for them!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Public records are just that -- public. You'd think that having better access to public information would be a GOOD thing, but hey, that's just me.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:26 PM

29 posts, read 381,520 times
I totally agree. It's truly a pathetic situation. Wisconsin Citizens do not even realize the enormity of the displaying of such data on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!

I myself was weeded off a common shareholder list of a excellent company which I purchased stock in just after 9/11 as an investment. The company was bought out by GE without forewarning to the common shareholders and my name (and others) were removed from the common shareholder list. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to take a steop back and look at the entire picture and realize taht any large corporation located or headquartered within this state (WI) will utilize the CCAP website to it's fullest advantage (and this means DISCRIMINATION of all forms and at all levels!!!!).

If it's a matter of "public knowledge", then why isn't the data with regards to who logged onto the website available to the general publich?????? It true that Wisconsin's CCAP website doesn't currently require the user to register or input their personal data but this doesn't mean that a particular IP address isn't available of the user wouldn't be available to the general public.

I was set up and entrapped. I repeated tried to obtain a taxi, had agreed upon a cash advance from my credit card that I had been using at a particular establishment that I was giving an aquaintance a ride to (and was judged by her past and association with the managment at the establishment - unknown to me of course). I was judged by who I was with and set up. I was not from the area. I was told that I could have the cash advance from my credit card that I had been using (and had been sitting in front of me on the table where I was sitting) which was reniged upon after the establishment looked me up on CCAP. I was harrassed and set up. The details were all one sided and the establishment wrote up a victim/witness report that made it sound like it was all them that were encouraging me not to drive, yet it was I that made the steps to secure a taxi ride (and the taxi fare). I asked if they had an ATM and then the manager behind the bar said "I suppose she wants to write a check!" in a very nasty snide tone of voice to the only other patron in the bar, Cindi Emis. I hesitated and then asked "Could I write a check?" to which the manager said "We do not accept out of town checks" in a very nasty tones (I resided over a hundred miles north of were I was set up, entrapped and arrested). The listing of the misdemeanors would have added up to a felony had I incurred one more offense, a fact that the mangement knew. I had an excellent (deserving) job that I landed with Humana's Green Bay Office (formerly their HQ which is no located in Louisville, KY) and after the arrest posted to the CCAP website, I lost my job as an Application Analyst (computer technician) which was a good paying position with excellent health benefits. It's been a nightmare ever since. I tried repeatedly to find a ride. I was set up and a person would have to be a complete idiot to not realize this "if" they were to hear the details. But I guess this "is" suppose to be where a trail is suppose to be a given right to a US citizen. But not for me. I forked out over twenty-seven thousand dollars and I was never afforded a trail. The first of three attorneys that I hired, showed up at the initial appearance hung-over, late, impaired and appologizing saying that he had been to a Super Bowl party the night before. I should have dumped him then. But I was afraid of loosing my ten thousand dollars that I had retainer money. A year went by and I thought he was doing his job. Then five days before the trial was scheduled to take place, the attorney (again) showed up hung-over, impaired and stinking so bad of booze that I could hardly sit next to him at the defendant's table. Again, I should have stood up and said this man is drunk to the judge, but I didn't. I was intimidated, scared and stupid (honestly). Prior to the first hung-over, drunk appearance and the last, I tried to obtain another attorney to work with the first one in order to preserve the work product to that particular point of the proceedings, however, this didn't work out. I was sentenced to eighteen months in prison but not before hiring another attorney for 12 thousand dollars. The third attorney's (of three total) told me that there was more that their firm could do for me at the appeals level than at that stage of the proceedings. I hesitated but gave the firm the money. Upon sentencing the third attorney "failed to bring his reading glasses". Wow, I paid him 12K and he couldn't even bring his reading eyeglasses. After sentencing the law firm simply walked away with my money. The atttorneys in this state utilize the CCAP website to their money making advantage. They sit on one end of the phone, ask for the name of the potential client, look them up on CCAP website and see anyone with any past data the CCAP website as a "shoe-in" for easy money. It's just a matter of taking the money, going into the courtroom and going through the motions. And I don't mean legal motions. I mean they are their in body, NOT MIND!!!!! They do not care. They care about one thing, money. Sad but true!!!

What is truly sad about the entire situation is that the director that is supposeto oversee the CCAP website and privacy issues wasn't appointed until the following fall, 2005. I was set up in December of 2004.

I can also attest to landlords utilizing the website to invade my private life while renting in Green Bay, WI. I was working at the airport and attending night college for paralegal studies. I tried to turn my life around after my first two offenses in 1989, PRIOR TO THE INCEPTION OF THE CCAP WEBSITE, but once the site went live, the landlord used the data that posted on the site from years earlier (1989) while I rented from him from 1996 to 2005. The website went live in the county I was residing in 1997, a year after I moved into my apartment. I was forced into life decisions because of the ongoing harrassment and use of the website against me. I never was late for my rent, never partied or had parties, never had anyone living with me and was a clean and dependable renter. My landlord was a data processing teacher at the college I was attending for paralegal. He harrassed me and used the website. I was forced into making a decision between being a single parent six times because of his ongoing harrassment. Disgusting as it may seem, it's the honest to god truth.

Regarding the last legal situation that took place on December 29, 2004, I tried to get a taxi ride repeatedly. I have orthopedic problems which includes a right foot that needs surgical repair (was scheduled for it prior to the set up but didn't follow through), a fractured back with terrible degenerative arthritis, a right shoulder that needs scoping and an ACL that has already been repaired (also on the right side of my body). I have terrible bad TMJ which on occassion leaves me in an awkward situaiton of communicating with people since I cannot compete because my jaw tightens up and sometimes locks.

What the Chancery establishment in Waukesha, WI did to me was wrong. It was a violation of my rights. I even asked if the Wisconsin Bar Owners Association could cover for my taxi fare until I could obtain money for the fare. I was judged by who I walked into the establishment. Someone that I didn't associate with and had only occassionally spoke to over the years. I lived over 100 miles north of where the aquaintance lived. She was known in the establishment for her numerous outbursts in the establishment (which I didn't know). She was also known for having killed her mother the year before my having shown up with her at the establishment. She committed murder and only spent thirty days in the county jail. I went to prison after the set up and entrapment. While incarcerated, I received a letter stating that one of the aquaintances live in lovers (she had two in the same apartment that she murdered her own mother in) died. I guess I would tend to think that the local DA would see red flags but I guess not. Her parents had money and that's all that means anything. Wow! My reputation has been totally ripped apart. I offered her a ride to a place that judged me by who I walked through the with. This is wrong. But it does happen more often in this state than you think. This is perhaps why WI is recognized as being the top state in the US as having a alcohol problem. Should make one think. Should make many wonder if the website is being utilized in the wrong way. Used to set up and entrapped. AND I'M NOT IN DENIAL. What was done to me was wrong!!!

What people in WI do not realize is that the Internet IS WORLD WIDE. They do not and somehow cannot conceptualize this. The average WI citizen doesn't realize how the fact that their personal data is available to other states in the US and used in the wrong ways (in which nothing can be done about it in terms of ligitation or legal recourse) and even by other countries. The use of the data by other countries and the thought of it just exhausts me. I am still a US citizen (despite the heartbreaking fact that I am a felon) and deserve the same rights as other citizens. This is not the fact or truth if my data is posted world wide. Also, WI citizens must realize that ALL states post data (or don't post at all) in different ways. Most of the states post in such a way that ensures the citizen of the "due process stage", specifically allowing the person not to be harrassed while going through the legal proceedings and can keep his or her job while going through the courts system. This is not the case in WI. Some states only post "post conviction" data. Some states preserve the citizen's due process rights but allowing their cases to progress through the courts until after conviction or however the case is disposed of.

Wisconsin is the the first state to have such a website:

Wisconsin Bluebook 2005-2006 (p. 176 & p.177)

"Court Automation and Public Information
The Wisconsin court system's Consolidated Court Automation Programs, better know as CCAP, represents one of the nation's first - ..."

(p. 177)
"Because the easy public access to court records raises privacy concerns, the Director of State Courts Office in 2005 appointed the WCCA Oversight Committee, which will meet periodically to revie WCCA and address concerns with an eye on maintaining access without unduly compromising individual privacy. A committee of the same name and with similar membership was convened in 1999 to develop guidlines for the site and was disbanded when this task was completed."

For years I thought that all states were like Wisconsin. I finally found this data in the WI Blue Book while I was incarcerated for eighteen months after the set up and entrapment.

What makes me question the outright blatant judical will of the state is the statement that " a committee had been convened in 1999 to develop guidelines but then was disbanded when this task was completed." as if the job of overseeing citizens rights to privacy and concerns with regards to the CCAP website were not an ongoing daily issue. It is not a commonly known fact that employers utilize the website to make human resource decisions. It is also a fact that landlords utilize the website to base decisions upon renting to a particular person or not to. I can attest to this and was forced to make horrible civil violation rights decisions because of the use of the website to invade my privacy continuously. Health care providers also use the website to avoid providing or taking too much time with their patients or treating them differently. I was denied or swayed when I was trying to purchase a duplex and get out of the drug invested and poor neighborood I was living in (while I was working at the airport and attending paralegal classes in the evening). I was bettering my life and was still treated unfairly because of the website's data when I tried to move up and out of a apartment complex where I was not only being harrassed by the landlord but also by the terrible neighbors that they had placed in the apartment less than five feet from my front door, accross the hall. The harrassment went on for two years. My car was broken into by a rock being thrown through the window and I was continually harrassed. No one would do anything abou it. Not even the Green Bay Police Department despite repeated calls to them for help. The neighbors were manufacturing drugs across the hallway (unknown to me) and they used my apartment number on the CCAP website by providing it to the officers when the wrote up the report. Sickening. The only safe place I had to run was an airport hanger located at the Green Bay Airport where a former lover, boss and friend had his business. I worked their out of need for protection go avoid harassment by landlords and neighbors. My boss is dead know. He died six months after I was set up and arrested. When I told him about it he said I was better off to move to a different country. I told him I was entrapped and explained the entire situation to him. I spoke to him on 8/31/2005 and told him I finally moved out of my apartment (into a friend's place across the state) and he was dead two days later. In our last converstation he cried out in a very sad and distraught tone of voice "you left me.". He was dead two days later. He was the former owner/founder of WSPackaging (formerly Wisconsin Label). Sad. Truly sad.

The saddest part about the website is that anyone that finds themselves posted on the website HAD BETTER NOT have any legal issues which need resolving in their past. By this, I mean that they better not need to or seek justice in any part of their personal lives which they may have unfortunately found themselves as a victim of a crime. Why? Whatever is posted on the CCAP website will be used against the victim and they will be revictimized. This simply means that anyone that is a victim from a crime that is committed better have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON THE WEBSITE ABOUT THEMSELVES OR THEY WILL NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. They will be revictimized. I should know. My life experiences which I am trying to seek justice are harrowing and I have not even begun to share the smallest of the entire injustice(s) which I've suffered in my lifetime. If I were to now do so, I would not be taken serious. And worse I would be protrayed as almost 'crazy' simply because of the data on the website. My entire life has been robbed from me. Child murdered and the father of the child at a young age, yet to try to seek justice while data about me remains on the website only re victimizes me and crushes me to no end. There is NO JUSTICE FOR ME IN THIS STATE, and perhaps even in this country as my old friend and former boss, Ray, said to me. Leave the country. This may be my only alternative. Justice in this state is only hinges upon what data is posted to the website.

Some people sit for days, upon days, searching over the CCAP website. After I was set up I vowed to sit and watch everyone coming and going from local bars and set them up. I thought of trying to be nasty and vindictive to anyone I ever met. I thought about simply not talking to anyone from WI but this is not reality. It is a truly hostile state. The employment environment is just as hostile. Wisconsin is an "Employment at Will" state and it's not based upon "good faith". This fact along with the use of the CCAP website to harrass, discriminate in hiring and advancement within careers is a fact. When will Wisconsin Citizens wake up and recognize that giving up their Constituation right to privacy comes with a huge price and will ultimately cause more damage in the long run that good.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times
Um, yikes.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Yikes is right...are you part of some organization getting your word out? May I suggest something? NEVER post something this long again, it's entirely obnoxious. And secondly, you're playing the victim very well, I still don't get your whole taxi ride & cash advance story, nor do I see how you were arrested because of it, unless I read it wrong. I'll admit, my eyes starting boggling around after like the first paragraph of your lengthy post. CCAP is there for a reason, if you don't like it, then don't commit a crime simple as that. And if you find yourself being discriminated against, I would highly suggest you request the criminal complaint from your misdemeanor or felony or whatever & keep it w/you to show people what the whole story of the arrest was about.
[/quote]

Old 04-15-2009, 09:10 AM

22 posts, read 83,705 times
Huh? I'm sorry, I didn't catch all of that. Can you repeat what you said?

Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM

29 posts, read 381,520 times
It was said that I am "playing the victim well". I am doing no such thing. Entrapment is an affirmative defense which must meet two elements in order to prove. One, that the person arrested for the crime had no intention of committing the crime. And two, that there is an involvement of a government official and/or agent of the law.

In Wisconsin, the CCAP website grants the privilege to every citizen to be a cop, to act as an agent of the law. I repeatedly tried to secure a taxi ride before being set up. The bar manager had a different agenda. I was judged by who I walked into the establishment. Someone that was known at the establishment for having killed her own mother by having pushed her down and left her for dead. I unfortunately found myself offering a ride to her and my former neighbor who I met her through in the early 80's. I offered them both a ride but made the mistake of dropping my former neighbor off first. I also made the mistake of stepping into the establishment accompanied by her.

The poster said that "I still don't get your whole taxi ride & cash advance story" unfortunately neither did the public since I was railroaded and never given a trial. Of course the attoneys took my money totaling 27 thousand dollars. All three were unethical in their statements to me, the way they handled the case and their main focus of obtaining the money without providing services for which they were retainned. The first of three showed up twice in court hung over and impaired. The second attorney, I found out two days before my sentencing, had just had her license to practice law reinstated for having overbilled the Wisconsin State Public Defender's Office. She was also rude, nasty and disrepsectful to me. She got her nose out of joint because I hired a third attorney the night before sentencing. She showed up despite the fact she was told she didn't have to be there. She walked into the courtroom where the prosectuting attorney was, prior to the judge having been seated at the bench, and retrieved paperwork and promptly returned to where I was seated in a waiting area outside the courtroom and shoved the papers in my face and screamed out "see, prison!". The bailff was standing about three feet from me and looked at me in embarrassment. It was only one truly unethical acts and/or statements that the second attorney made towards me. I was told by the third attorney, that I located online since I didn't want to walk into the courtroom with the second attorney since I had just found out about her having overbilled the State Public Defender's Office, that he wouldn't step foot into the courtroom unless I paid him 12 thousand dollars. I hesitated since it was alot of money but I thought that there might be a glimmer of hope that the facts might finally come out in a trial. His secretary said that there was probably more that they could do for me at the appeals than at that stage of the proceedings and again stated that the attorney wouldn't step foot into a courtroom without the 12K. I gave him the 12 K. He did absolutely nothing for me prior to sentencing OR afterwards. He basically used a technique of a "no merit brief" to basically pocket the money and walk away. I reported all the incidents of unethical behavior by each of the three attorneys, including the first attorneys having appeared in court impaired/hungover/and smelling of booze, to the Wisconsin Office of Lawyer Regulation but received an overall statement that went somewhat like this, TOO BAD SO SAD!!!

Now, I did work for Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company during the proceedings of the case. I landed the job about a year after I lost my job with Humana as a computer technician because the arrest posted to CCAP. I lost the job at Northwestern Mutual because of what was posted to CCAP with regards to how the case was proceeding, specifically "attorney withdraws". It was not decribed on CCAP "why" he withdrew or that the judge specifically said he had to step down. Just that he withdrew. So, it made me look bad and I as laid off. It was another excellent job with a great company. I went to a labor law attorney and paid her money but like the three attorneys that I hired for the Chancery, Waukesha, WI set up situation, the attoney took the money and walked away with it. Nothing was done. I was owner of part of a digital image printing company in Green Bay, WI located at Autsin Straubel Airport prior to being forced to giving up my apartment and relocating to the southern part of the state because of the legal proceedings. I stupidly went to the same attorney for my shares (stock certificates in Fulson Graphics) and defered compensation of 16 thousand. I paid 3 thousand and again they walked away with the money. I have seen not a penny of my defferred compensation or stock in the company. The company was virtually sold out from under me to an RG Finney in Encampment, WY (owner of Spirit West Lodge). Really a pathetic situation. Yes, I am and have been victimized. The legal issues and what I've shared with my online posting regarding the set-up and entrapment is only the 1/100th of it.

My issue is human rights. Rights of the citizens of Wisconsin since I, unfortunately am a resident and was born and raised in this state. I am lucky in that I reside in a residence owned by someone out of state. This fact has allowed me to take a step back and look at the entire picture of what is going on with the regards to the decrepancies between how other post their data and how it affects citizens rights to due process.

It's too bad the the citizens of Wisconsin cannot look at the entire picture of what is going on and how it affects their rights to privacy on a state AND NATIONAL, AND WORLDWIDE LEVEL!!!!!!!

Wake up Wisconsin!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4US_Citizens View Post
It was said that I am "playing the victim well". I am doing no such thing. Entrapment is an affirmative defense which must meet two elements in order to prove. One, that the person arrested for the crime had no intention of committing the crime. And two, that there is an involvement of a government official and/or agent of the law.

In Wisconsin, the CCAP website grants the privilege to every citizen to be a cop, to act as an agent of the law. I repeatedly tried to secure a taxi ride before being set up. The bar manager had a different agenda. I was judged by who I walked into the establishment. Someone that was known at the establishment for having killed her own mother by having pushed her down and left her for dead. I unfortunately found myself offering a ride to her and my former neighbor who I met her through in the early 80's. I offered them both a ride but made the mistake of dropping my former neighbor off first. I also made the mistake of stepping into the establishment accompanied by her.

The poster said that "I still don't get your whole taxi ride & cash advance story" unfortunately neither did the public since I was railroaded and never given a trial. Of course the attoneys took my money totaling 27 thousand dollars. All three were unethical in their statements to me, the way they handled the case and their main focus of obtaining the money without providing services for which they were retainned. The first of three showed up twice in court hung over and impaired. The second attorney, I found out two days before my sentencing, had just had her license to practice law reinstated for having overbilled the Wisconsin State Public Defender's Office. She was also rude, nasty and disrepsectful to me. She got her nose out of joint because I hired a third attorney the night before sentencing. She showed up despite the fact she was told she didn't have to be there. She walked into the courtroom where the prosectuting attorney was, prior to the judge having been seated at the bench, and retrieved paperwork and promptly returned to where I was seated in a waiting area outside the courtroom and shoved the papers in my face and screamed out "see, prison!". The bailff was standing about three feet from me and looked at me in embarrassment. It was only one truly unethical acts and/or statements that the second attorney made towards me. I was told by the third attorney, that I located online since I didn't want to walk into the courtroom with the second attorney since I had just found out about her having overbilled the State Public Defender's Office, that he wouldn't step foot into the courtroom unless I paid him 12 thousand dollars. I hesitated since it was alot of money but I thought that there might be a glimmer of hope that the facts might finally come out in a trial. His secretary said that there was probably more that they could do for me at the appeals than at that stage of the proceedings and again stated that the attorney wouldn't step foot into a courtroom without the 12K. I gave him the 12 K. He did absolutely nothing for me prior to sentencing OR afterwards. He basically used a technique of a "no merit brief" to basically pocket the money and walk away. I reported all the incidents of unethical behavior by each of the three attorneys, including the first attorneys having appeared in court impaired/hungover/and smelling of booze, to the Wisconsin Office of Lawyer Regulation but received an overall statement that went somewhat like this, TOO BAD SO SAD!!!

Now, I did work for Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company during the proceedings of the case. I landed the job about a year after I lost my job with Humana as a computer technician because the arrest posted to CCAP. I lost the job at Northwestern Mutual because of what was posted to CCAP with regards to how the case was proceeding, specifically "attorney withdraws". It was not decribed on CCAP "why" he withdrew or that the judge specifically said he had to step down. Just that he withdrew. So, it made me look bad and I as laid off. It was another excellent job with a great company. I went to a labor law attorney and paid her money but like the three attorneys that I hired for the Chancery, Waukesha, WI set up situation, the attoney took the money and walked away with it. Nothing was done. I was owner of part of a digital image printing company in Green Bay, WI located at Autsin Straubel Airport prior to being forced to giving up my apartment and relocating to the southern part of the state because of the legal proceedings. I stupidly went to the same attorney for my shares (stock certificates in Fulson Graphics) and defered compensation of 16 thousand. I paid 3 thousand and again they walked away with the money. I have seen not a penny of my defferred compensation or stock in the company. The company was virtually sold out from under me to an RG Finney in Encampment, WY (owner of Spirit West Lodge). Really a pathetic situation. Yes, I am and have been victimized. The legal issues and what I've shared with my online posting regarding the set-up and entrapment is only the 1/100th of it.

My issue is human rights. Rights of the citizens of Wisconsin since I, unfortunately am a resident and was born and raised in this state. I am lucky in that I reside in a residence owned by someone out of state. This fact has allowed me to take a step back and look at the entire picture of what is going on with the regards to the decrepancies between how other post their data and how it affects citizens rights to due process.

It's too bad the the citizens of Wisconsin cannot look at the entire picture of what is going on and how it affects their rights to privacy on a state AND NATIONAL, AND WORLDWIDE LEVEL!!!!!!!

Wake up Wisconsin!!!
You really have no concept of what "entrapment" means, do you? So you didn't get a cash advance on your credit card? So what, how does that entrap you? Your story makes no sense, your posts are way too long. I'm done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee