Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 10:51 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times

Advertisements

I'm also a native and most of my residence leaned on the Southside and beyound. From Hale's Corner and Oak Creek; upon high school graduation I've departed for college, military, grad school etc..

Admittedly- Whitefishbay never presented the impression of universal acceptance. Granted I have been away a decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 10:27 PM

4 posts, read 3,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
She said she especially wanted to hear from "non-traditional families," so I figured "good fit" and "stand out" had more to do with communities that would welcome a "two mommies" household or an interracial family.
Not sure why any families living on 41st and Nash, 15th and Dakota or 20th and Morgan would not welcome a "two mommie" or interracial family? Why would the children "stand out" at Pulaski, North Division, Rufus King or Washington highschool?... Sorry I'm old school those were the names of the schools when I went to South Division.

Last edited by Dibis03; 10-11-2020 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 10-11-2020, 11:41 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibis03 View Post
Not sure why any families living on 41st and Nash, 15th and Dakota or 20th and Morgan would not welcome a "two mommie" or interracial family? Why would the children "stand out" at Pulaski, North Division, Rufus King or Washington highschool?... Sorry I'm old school those were the names of the schools when I went to South Division.
North Division nor Washington were not diverse; being predominantly black albeit- I seriously doubt their classmates nor communities would be any less accommodating today.

Good ol South Division.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:06 PM

Wouldn't people from outside Milwaukee moving into these areas add to the diversity? I don't see Whitefish Bay or Shorewood really being that suburban compared to like a Sussex or Pewaukee.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:38 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,211 times
Quote:
Well, she did ask for a "good high school." If these high schools are "good," and if you can recommend them and their neighborhoods for a non-trad family, then chime in with some recommendations for her. The information could help her as well as other posters who show up here looking for information.

Old 10-26-2020, 03:33 PM

Well Rufus King High school is one of the best academically in the state. Plus the above mentioned post I listed neighborhoods to look at.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:47 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
I don't think you'd have any problems anywhere in Milwaukee Suburbs... All of them are progressive enough or even if conservative - with live and let other people live mentality. I knew a few transgender gals - one living in West Allis, the other living in East Side of Milwaukee - and they were saying people are generally friendly to them anywhere. I am not sure about Waukesha County as much, although non-rural areas should be just fine - Brookfield (which is kind of Milwaukee suburb too).

So, just go for a good school and neighborhood (walkability, having nice places to be). You guys don't need any permissions from the society to be together, and just live your own life.

Old 12-01-2020, 09:52 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,890,666 times
Quote:
Wouldn't people from outside Milwaukee moving into these areas add to the diversity? I don't see Whitefish Bay or Shorewood really being that suburban compared to like a Sussex or Pewaukee.

Wfb is totally progressive these days - 4-to-1 judging by BLM and Biden signs.

And both Wfb and Shorewood are kind of part of the city (unlike River Hills or Fox Point / Bay Side). I don't know what defines city, but maybe existence of side walks and pedestrians walking by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee