Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 10:06 PM

694 posts, read 2,016,637 times

Advertisements

I used to go the the UPer as a kid and always had a pasty or two in Marquette and Ishperming. A Pasty is a sort of meat pie treat native to the yooper. I was at Woodmans in Kenosha and saw Pasty's from Reynolds Pasty shop in Milwaukee. Anyone been there? Is it the real deal? I couldnt bring myself to buy a frozen pasty----but if Reytnolds was the real deal I would stop by before a Cubs-Brewers game.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 11:47 AM

451 posts, read 1,228,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakecountylifer View Post
I used to go the the UPer as a kid and always had a pasty or two in Marquette and Ishperming. A Pasty is a sort of meat pie treat native to the yooper. I was at Woodmans in Kenosha and saw Pasty's from Reynolds Pasty shop in Milwaukee. Anyone been there? Is it the real deal? I couldnt bring myself to buy a frozen pasty----but if Reytnolds was the real deal I would stop by before a Cubs-Brewers game.....
\

That 1 has been there since I was a kid. I'm 27 now. Its a new crew in there over the past few years, but I had 1 last week. Still the same great place. I said I would buy that place as a kid, I may need to look into that

Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,938 times
yes the pasties from Reynolds are the "real deal".they have been at the location of 35th and Burleigh for many years....in fact the original recipe came from Ironwood Michigan.........I think they are better than most pasties made today in the UP..........big chunks of beef and dough that has good texture and taste..........the business has changed hands over the years....but the recipe has stayed very close to original. the neighborhood at 35th and Burleigh has gotten a bit rough...but the people who run it are polite and friendly and you can grab a quick in and out spot right in front on the street .....the store is closed on Sunday and Monday......... Good news is that walmart and woodmans carry them frozen and I have even seen them in pic 'n save..............make sure you bake them long enough...especially when baking multiples........if its soggy or wet....put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes........I use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan so the crust doesnt get too dark.......they taste like the pasties my Grandma's church used to sell for fund raising......all the "finnish" ladies got together and made homemade pasties...pronounced PASS-TEE Enjoy this wonderful meal in a crust.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:43 PM

26 posts, read 87,410 times
The Reynold's pasties are the best. You will get the real deal whether you buy it fresh from Reynold, or if you buy the frozen one's from the supermarket. It's really good no matter which you choose. Try it. I'm sure you'll like it.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:46 PM

158 posts, read 486,033 times
Miles Teddywedgers right off the square in Madison is a great UPer pasty fix as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee