Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM

200 posts, read 632,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
thanks for your response. I have come to Milwaukee and checked out many of the neighborhoods. Just last weekend I checked out Bay View and found that there arn't many apartment buildings in the area--mostly residential homes. But I will take a second look because maybe I missed something. I know that finding the perfect neighborhood isn't going to happen. Afterall this isn't the 1930s when real neighborhoods existed. But I would like to find a place where I fit in so I don't have to think about moving to another apartment somewhere else right after I move in(that has happened in the past and it isn't any fun moving all the time). I get the feeling it will be on the north side not far from the lake but don't know where yet.
What do you consider a "Real Neighborhood"?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM

204 posts, read 752,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsmoore View Post
Yeah, is that near "Real America"?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsmoore View Post
Evidently a "real neighborhood" is one in which there are no residents possessing a different racial, ethnic or religious demographic than the OP.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:22 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Evidently a "real neighborhood" is one in which there are no residents possessing a different racial, ethnic or religious demographic than the OP.
Perfect Palin drone, wouldn't you say?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:47 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,858,594 times
These are interesting postings. It seems the new world order of Obama has reached the Milwaukee forum.

Simple minded, politically correct hacks have now decided that it is not reasonable for someone like to OP who asked an honest question about moving on a forum about MOVING. Clearly the question is interpreted as not being agreeable with their views of the world where everyone lives togther in harmony singing Koom-bye-ya.

We are about to entire the Obama world of reverse naziism. Where simple minded jack booted, brown shirted pc thugs try to shut down debate and free speech when it goes against their liberal views.

Last edited by ccjarider; 11-03-2008 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-03-2008, 03:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
These are interesting postings. It seems the new world order of Obama has reached the Milwaukee forum.

Simple minded, politically correct hacks have now decided that it is not reasonable for someone like to OP who asked an honest question about moving on a forum about MOVING. Clearly the question is interpreted as not being agreeable with their views of the world where everyone lives togther in harmony singing Koom-bye-ya.

We are about to entire the Obama world of reverse naziism. Where simple minded jack booted, brown shirted pc thugs try to shut down debate and free speech when it goes against their liberal views.
Yep, I have a problem w/racism, prejudice & general intolerance. If someone is so desperate to get away from blacks, jews, etc. (god forbid I get COOTIES from them!), then build yourself a little island or gated community. It's 2008 for gods sakes!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:39 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,858,594 times
Yea well Karfar some of us have a problem with arrogant, little, loud mouthed, pc jerks forgetting that others have 1st amendment rights too. A person has the right to inquire about something they may feel strongly about - THAT IS THEIR RIGHT. Don't forget it- someone may try to take you rights away someday.

Man there is nothing worse that condescending, UW Madison professor pc kids (I use the term kids because they are still children mentally) crying that all the world should think like me.

Take your pc crap to a poitical forum and leave the MOVING forum to people who provide useful info. Your ranting is not needed here.

Another thing - What the hell does 2008 have to do with anything??

Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,314,211 times
Quote:

These kinds of postings and rejoinders have been going on for decades--anyone who thinks that this somehow reflects a "nazism" has forgotten, or has never learned, that pretty much all population spread in the U.S. has been the result of a clash of isolationist and integrationist tendencies. If it weren't for this constant demographic tug-of-war, none of us would be living where we are.

As regards the OP's comment, what gets me is not so much his/her desire to live in a "racial" or "ethnic" or even a "culturally religious" bubble. (Many Jews are non-practicing anyway, so what does it matter?) What gets me are the contradictions in comments such as "I like Whitefish Bay, but I don't feel comfortable around Jews." In other words, I suspect that much of what the OP likes about Whitefish Bay has a lot to do with the residents and business owners and retail customers of WFB, and many of them are Jewish. Does the OP think that non-Jewish whites commute everyday from Walworth County in order to make WFB an appealing place? Uh, no. What the OP likes is a community that is partly supported by Jews. I just don't get how the OP can be uncomfortable living around a group of people responsible for creating and sustaining a community that the OP likes. It's like saying "I like schools, except for the kids," or "Libraries would be great, if it weren't for all of those books."

Getting back to topic, it sounds like Angorlee should look into Cudahy and South Milwaukee--nice downtown-centered communities near the lake, and most of the people are caucasian and have Christian-European roots.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Perfect Palin drone, wouldn't you say?
Uh... yeah.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Yea well Karfar some of us have a problem with arrogant, little, loud mouthed, pc jerks forgetting that others have 1st amendment rights too. A person has the right to inquire about something they may feel strongly about - THAT IS THEIR RIGHT. Don't forget it- someone may try to take you rights away someday.
Whereas others of us have a problem with arrogant, little, loud mouthed jerks forgetting that others have 1st Amendment right to respond to someone's obnoxious exercise of free speech in by exercising our own free speech. THAT IS OUR RIGHT. Don't forget it- someone may try to take your rights away someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee