Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 12,669 times

Advertisements

I lived in norh Milwaukee for 5 years and now living in Fond du Lac I'm still questioning which cities have most gangs. PLEASE HELP!!! So far I know of Milwaukee which has a lot and Fond du Lac which has around 11 gangs. Beloit does too. So please help...

Willie Washignton

Old 11-06-2008, 03:31 PM

158 posts, read 660,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
This might be a little idealistic but a real neighborhood is like the neighborhoods in the 1930s and before. They were real neighborhoods that people weren't trying to create but were natural living communities of like ethnic groups. Every ethnic group had their own communities. People didn't lock their doors and there was trust between people. It was a different world from now, I know. If you ever get a chance see the documentary 'Remembering Chicago' that is played on WTTW television once or twice a year. In that documentary people that grew up during the 1920s and 1930s are interviewed and they tell it like it was. One thing that stands out in my mind is a lady said that on a hot summer night she could go down to the nearest park in her pajamas with a pillow and blanket and sleep in the park without one thought that someone might do her harm. That was in the city of chicago and a 15 girl could do that in any park in any part of the city. My point is every city was that safe and clean including Milwaukee. I'm sure that people slept on the beaches on summer nights in Milwaukee without even a thought that someone might do them harm. And no one locked their doors because no one was just going to walk into your house or apartment and steal something. And if you had a car you could leave the keys in the ignition over night without even a single worry that someone might steal it. Now how does all this relate to the fact that I would like to live amongst my own European American people? Back in those safe days all communities were enthnic and that is the first step in getting back to days when we won't have to worry so much about safety.
This makes absolutely no sense. The first step in "getting back to the days..." is helping the people who live in the areas with crime and poverty to a better education and increased wages.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Relax people, to each his own. This is a perfectly normal & acceptable request we all want. Don't let nut jobs tell you that you HAVE to live in a diverse neighborhood & if you don't you should feel guilty.
So far we're still free Americans with the right to choose.
Here's a website to use to look up % of religions, & races of a town without having to come on here & get ridiculed.
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed
I know what you're saying, but the OP keeps mixing the reasons for wanting this...do they wan't to "feel comfortable" or do they want like people "so it can be safe like the 20's...)

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 04:30 AM..

Old 11-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
its the idea that someone could do such a thing if she/he wanted to without having to fear for her/his life. Back in the 1930s there was no air conditioning so it was a great relief to be able to go to a park and sleep.
I'm sorry, but this is not the 30's. I'm from a small WI town (Watertown, about 25,000 people) and I wouldn't feel safe sleeping on any park bench their over night. The density of our cities has increased and things just aren't the same. I live on Downer & Locust which is pretty safe, college kids and families, and the cars for the tenants in our house have been broken into four times in the last three years. I can't give any examples, but I'm sure there are many communities that are relatively safe and have a diverse population...it's peoples views and attitudes that create safety, not race or religion...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:13 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iburytheliving View Post
This makes absolutely no sense. The first step in "getting back to the days..." is helping the people who live in the areas with crime and poverty to a better education and increased wages.
thats the same old bull crap that has been tried for the last 50 years and things have got worse, not better.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times
Quote:
thats the same old bull crap that has been tried for the last 50 years and things have got worse, not better.
Angorlee, forget about all the politically-correct knobs here who are quick to throw around the "racist" charge, and insult you rather then help with your question.
Your instincts are good. It is easy to prove, as well as easy to observe, that there is *much* less crime and social problems in white areas than in minority areas. I suppose the politically-correct crowd would rather we live in a dangerous area with bad schools, rather than be "racist" and prefer a white area. I would also be interested to know if some of the folks insulting you here actually themselves live in a mostly minority area. I doubt it. So they are hypocrites as well.
If you want, send me a direct message and I'll try to help you out and give you straight answers.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM

3,507 posts, read 13,454,429 times
Quote:
I have to agree and the BS about better education and jobs is crazy. Back in the 60's in the small town in Wis. that I grew up in, we played at night, could walk down the street at night and didn't have to worry about anything, even trick or treating was safe. We had one income households and parents actually watched out for each other's kids.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM

345 posts, read 1,015,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeah, cry me a freaking river. Fine, live where you're comfortable. But when "comfort" derives from being so bigoted that you cannot countenance having anyone even slightly different from you living nearby, that's the kind of "comfort" we as a people rightfully have increasingly less patience for.
"We as a people" - this country is made up of individuals. And because we're individuals we think differently. Also, what you view as being "bigoted" may not (and probably isn't) bigoted at all.

You don't know this person's heart. And it might serve you well to think the best of someone instead of assuming they have racist thoughts (which even if they do I haven't heard that those thoughts are illegal, at least not yet).

Old 11-07-2008, 03:00 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times
I am glad to see people speaking out and defending OP for inquiring about an honest search.

America has entered a dark age where pc simpletons now believe they are "mainstream." Keep up the fight and don't lack courage to defend people's freedoms (as long as they are legal) even if they do not jive with your personal beliefs.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
It is not PC to call bigotry bigotry. And it isn't exactly a stretch to impute bigotry from his own words. His unwillingness to consider living around anyone different from him is prima facie bigotry. If that's a sentiment you people want to defend, you go right ahead. I choose not to, even if that means I'm "PC." So be it. The rest of the country is moving away from this sort of repugnant divisiveness, and those who continue to embrace it deserve their marginalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee