Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 08:15 PM

461 posts, read 922,500 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for one bedrooms within my range ($500-$600). Do you think that'd be a good price range to look at making around $2100 after taxes per month?

Grantosa Crossing
Mayfair Apts.
Martin Adlon
Highlands South Apts.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM

349 posts, read 887,589 times
Default Try this site

www.apartmentratings.com or some similar sites, too.

Here are some helpful hints, too:

* drive by during day and night, b/c neighborhoods that look quite cheery by day can scare the hell out of you by dusk

* check the parking situation; do the cars look junky and rundown? Is the parking lot well lit?

* always get a copy of the lease to look at terms first. Keep in mind also that carpet cleaning CANNOT be deducted from your security - that is illegal in WI if it is normal wear and tear - so make sure that is scratched from your lease. Negotiate and ask about any other things you're unsure of too, (smoking, pets, notice to move, etc.).

It's hard to find a good place at that price but you can if you look hard enough. I've always had better luck w/privately owned places (duplexes).

My last recommendation is to live on the top floor - nothing worse than having someone Riverdance on your head all the time!

Good luck and shop smart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee