Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:35 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,303,973 times

Advertisements

There appears to be a lot of rentals(or maybe there condo's for sale). But it seems like it would be a convenient location. But maybe its too expensive for me. If they are condo's then if hard times hit they might turn into rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 02:36 PM

I mean the area around Altera's coffee shop.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:51 PM

295 posts, read 546,703 times
There was a report in the news last month about home sales from the east side to Marq. and south to Greenfield Ave and compared to last year in Oct to this year in Oct home sales were up 3.3% so if your waiting for a bubble it might be easier just to go to Pick N Save and buy a bottle of them.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
There appears to be a lot of rentals(or maybe there condo's for sale). But it seems like it would be a convenient location. But maybe its too expensive for me. If they are condo's then if hard times hit they might turn into rentals.
If you're looking for something affordable yet closer to downtown & the east side, I suggest Bayview. Third Ward is expensive, straight up. It's mostly condos but whatever apartments that are there are over the top expensive & you get no bang for your buck. I would suggest the east side though, guess it just depends what you're looking for.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:36 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Let's not forget that Angorlee is incredibly racist/bigoted and the area between Downtown and Bayview is inhabited by large Latino/Mexican and Gay/Lesbian populations. Just food for thought. I hear Iceland is really nice this time of year, she should move there, it's really really cheap there since their economy collapsed and really really far away from Milwaukee and any kind of pesky diversity.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:35 PM

I disagree with the notion that Walker's Point is largely a Latin and Gay area. I have lived here for three years and however all of Milw's gay bars are in Walker's Point(5th Ward), gay population is spread out between Upper Eastside and Bayview. Milw doesn't have a huge gay population that you might think, compared cities likewise. As for the Hispanic population in Walker's Point most of the Hispanic population is south of Greenfield.Ave to the Milw River. More and more condo's are still being converted in Walker's Point, from the Milw River down to Greenfield.Ave is where you will see most of the progress. As for crime 90% of crime in Walker's Point is on the west side of I-94/43, S.10th Street and west. You don't have much to worry about in the area around 1st-6th streets from the Milw River down to Greenfield.Ave. If your looking to get into the next "Brewers Hill" or "Third Ward" Walker's Point is it. Also remember The 5th Ward is the same thing as Walker's Point.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILWCITY View Post
I disagree with the notion that Walker's Point is largely a Latin and Gay area. I have lived here for three years and however all of Milw's gay bars are in Walker's Point(5th Ward), gay population is spread out between Upper Eastside and Bayview. Milw doesn't have a huge gay population that you might think, compared cities likewise. As for the Hispanic population in Walker's Point most of the Hispanic population is south of Greenfield.Ave to the Milw River. More and more condo's are still being converted in Walker's Point, from the Milw River down to Greenfield.Ave is where you will see most of the progress. As for crime 90% of crime in Walker's Point is on the west side of I-94/43, S.10th Street and west. You don't have much to worry about in the area around 1st-6th streets from the Milw River down to Greenfield.Ave. If your looking to get into the next "Brewers Hill" or "Third Ward" Walker's Point is it. Also remember The 5th Ward is the same thing as Walker's Point.
I really don't understand why Angorlee wants to live in Milwaukee in the first place. I also do not understand why nobody else on this board has a problem giving advice to somebody who is such an intolerant bafoon. I was merely kidding in this post and another where I said Brewer's Hill is full of minorities. I want to discourage someone like that from moving to my new city. Angorlee makes no attempt to be civilized or tactful, she says flat out that she will not live near anyone who isn't of European descent and also a Christian. That's a ridiculous wish to begin with, especially in Milwaukee of all places.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM

It's her right to want to live where ever she wants how she wants to live. All she is doing is wanting to live near her kind, just like my puerto rican friends won't live anywhere but the southside because they want to be by "their kind" direct quote. I see no problem with this I would like to add that living amongst no-christians is a great way to witness to non-christians and this is a goal of many christians so I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to raise your family with people like you. Have you ever seen the northside, why do you think 90% of black people live on the northside? comfort level, and it nice having people like you all around, this is why there is jewish pockets, polish pockets, hispanic pockets in every city. I have a side of my family is Jewish and I would love to live in an area of all Jews or all polish people, this might be why I still live south of I-94. One of the goals of christianity is to spread it to others, so why not live in the "belly of the beast" and try to make the neighborhood a better place. It's her choice where she wants to live and everyone doesn't have to live in a diverse neighborhood. I personally love living in Walker's Point and with a lot of gay bars around you would think a christian wouldn't want to live here, but I do. I would like to buy a historic home on 3rd-5th street but Nobody is selling them. So I could live anywhere and I think "ANgorlee" would benefit from the life lesson of living in an area of uncomfort. Why do hippies live by other hippies or artist live by other artist is because people want to live by people who have similar intrests.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILWCITY View Post
this is why there is jewish pockets, polish pockets, hispanic pockets in every city.
That statement simply isn't true. I just moved from Denver, CO and there are absolutely no ethnic neighborhoods to speak of. The closest thing they have are strip malls that will house many Mexican or Asian retailers under one roof, but no excusive neighborhoods. Most cities west of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon don't have ethnic neighborhoods as cities like Milwaukee or Pittsburgh would have. That being said I have no problem with people preserving their ethnic heritage, but I do have a problem with someone like Angorlee saying the reason she wants to live near "her own kind" is because non-whites and non-Christians are somehow morally and intellectually inferior. That is hatred pure and simple and doesn't deserve the dignity of a thoughtful, honest response.

Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
That statement simply isn't true. I just moved from Denver, CO and there are absolutely no ethnic neighborhoods to speak of. The closest thing they have are strip malls that will house many Mexican or Asian retailers under one roof, but no excusive neighborhoods. Most cities west of the Mississippi and south of the Mason-Dixon don't have ethnic neighborhoods as cities like Milwaukee or Pittsburgh would have. That being said I have no problem with people preserving their ethnic heritage, but I do have a problem with someone like Angorlee saying the reason she wants to live near "her own kind" is because non-whites and non-Christians are somehow morally and intellectually inferior. That is hatred pure and simple and doesn't deserve the dignity of a thoughtful, honest response.
I never said that I wanted to live in an area because of religion and I never said that anyone is intellectually inferior. It sounds like you've had the politicaly correct brainwashing drummed into your head. All I said is that if feel best living amongst my own kind, and who doesn't feel that way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee