Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 11:37 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,528,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_TC View Post
Minneapolis
Murderapolis? Remember a decade or two ago when it was called that and was one of the most dangerous cities in the country? I do. Used to work out there a lot, and people were scared s***less. There is plenty of violent crime in the Twin Cities to this day.

Talk to anyone from anywhere else in Minnesota and they're say the EXACT same thing about Minneapolis that you're saying about Milwaukee. In fact, they do say that. I hear it quite often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 12:54 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromMilwaukeeInSeattle View Post
I'm getting the sense that you don't actually care about the poor girl. You only said that so you could make that comment. I'm glad you share the luxury of a very safe city but please don't use an innocent girls tragic death just to make a point on city data.
And though overall safer than Milwaukee, the crime rate in Minneapolis is nothing to brag about:

//www.city-data.com/crime/crime...Minnesota.html

Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 PM

573 posts, read 1,050,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Murderapolis? Remember a decade or two ago when it was called that and was one of the most dangerous cities in the country? I do. Used to work out there a lot, and people were scared s***less. There is plenty of violent crime in the Twin Cities to this day.

Talk to anyone from anywhere else in Minnesota and they're say the EXACT same thing about Minneapolis that you're saying about Milwaukee. In fact, they do say that. I hear it quite often.
Murderapolis was a little overboard. The murder rate wasn't that high. Never has been. It takes Minneapolis several years to have as many murders as Milwaukee has in just 1. I have been in Milwaukee. North Milwaukee is terrible. I wouldn't want to live anywhere near it. I do hope Milwaukee does figure it's murder problem out.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:17 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,528,416 times
You do understand that the population of Minneapolis is 2/3 that of Milwaukee, right? So even if they had the same amount of murders, Milwaukee would have a lot more in terms of raw numbers than Minneapolis, correct? So why aren't you using rates, which aren't that far apart? If you did the same thing and compared raw numbers for each metro area, Twin Cities numbers are worse than Milwaukee, because there are more people there

Utterly clueless, LOL!

Old 11-07-2014, 02:35 PM

573 posts, read 1,050,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
You do understand that the population of Minneapolis is 2/3 that of Milwaukee, right? So even if they had the same amount of murders, Milwaukee would have a lot more in terms of raw numbers than Minneapolis, correct? So why aren't you using rates, which aren't that far apart? If you did the same thing and compared raw numbers for each metro area, Twin Cities numbers are worse than Milwaukee, because there are more people there

Utterly clueless, LOL!
There were less murders in the Twin cities metro of 3.5 million than in the city of Milwaukee all by itself last year.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:10 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_TC View Post
There were less murders in the Twin cities metro of 3.5 million than in the city of Milwaukee all by itself last year.
That means you have numerous, ultra-safe suburbs housing millions of people who don't want to live in the city of Minneapolis. Almost all of the murders in the Twin Cities metro took place in Minneapolis. Even St. Paul had fewer murders and a lower murder rate than Minneapolis.

If I ever move to the Twin Cities, I'll have to avoid living in Minneapolis because it's the Murder Capital of the metro area.

You can't even hang out in your own backyard in Minneapolis, because someone's going to come around and murder you, as this article proves:

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/281695121.html

Old 12-18-2017, 02:49 AM

4 posts, read 5,232 times
Milwaukee and everything is Wisconsin is aweful. Most notably the food. If you're white, love Ann Taylor, still think hotel California and the eagles rule, and want zero diversity, no night life or adventure what so ever, think you're so awesome cause you live in "tosa". Live Waukesha days in the summer where you can take your pants out another 3 inches after stuffing your face with fried foods galore and beer than have at it. Oh I forgot there's cedarburg wine and cheese festival. I know...I could barely contain myself either.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:16 AM

4 posts, read 5,232 times
Milwaukee sucks. I moved from.chicago and lasted a whole 5 months which felt like 5o years. Milwaukee is run down, and generally dumpy. The food in Wisconsin is aweful and milwaukee ain't much better. What made me cringe however is how much I had to sit and listen to the "locals" whine on about how "milwaukee has so much going on, (maybe there was free bingo that night a a local crap hole tavern) and how the city was Really evolving". Right. Basically, the entire state talks about summerfest and the state fair where they make the most disgusting food you'll ever see, for 11 months and then rinse, wash, and repeat. I never knew true depression until I moved back, then I decided there was no amount of money enough to worth living in that dump of a state

Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times
I arrived to Milwaukee in June, in the morning hours. I took a Green Line bus from Mitchel to Downtown and then settled in Whitefish Bay. On the bus I saw kids commuting from school and a few friendly people going around. My first impressions - lovely green beautiful city, family friendly, very green, people are smiling and say hello... Nothing but love from the firsat sight.

My good friend arrived to Milwaukee in February with the late flight. He took the same route, but his first impressions were very different... Needless to say, he never ever liked it during his stay in Milwaukee and loved to move away at the first opportunity.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:58 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,889,700 times
But for goodness sake, why reviving this old post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee