Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:21 PM

50 posts, read 169,126 times

Advertisements

There are some good posts here my friend but if I was picking one it would be Muskego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 03:56 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Why would anyone want to live in New Berlin, oh I know they can't afford Brookfield, b/c New Berlin is just a poor man's Brookfield...lol.
hahahaha...sorry had to laugh...lived there from 82-95, didnt like it

Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,148 times
Default Are you kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Greendale actually has a higher per capita income than Franklin.
As a realtor in the Milwaukee - Waukesha are, Franklin is by far the most upscale of the options listed above. A typical family that can afford to live in Greendale, would NOT be able to live in Franklin, nor Muskego. The Franklin population is alot more wealthy than greendale. I know first hand. Muskego is also very nice.
But, no disrespect to greendale there not a terrible place to live. Its not at the bottom of the list either. I reside in River hills.

(if you can afford it),
My list: 1.) Franklin 2.)Muskego 3.) New Berlin 4.) Greendale 5.) Oak Creek

Note: Franklin, Muskego very up scale, New berlin, greeendale, very mid-class, Oak creek has alot of "trash". More a like West Allis.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,148 times
Your just ignorant if you think greendale has more income than Franklin.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
From what I've seen, housing prices are similar for what you get. Greendale just has a lot more older homes vs. newer, bigger homes.
Greendale has a cohesive and complete feel to it that I personally like. Franklin is sort-of upscale-ish, but is very spread out with lots of blank spots. Oak Creek, Muskego, New Berlin... they're all the same way. All are very sporadic and in desperate need of major infrastructure upgrades.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,003,794 times
I did a little research and discovered the following:

Medium HH Income 2009

Muskego 79K
New Berlin 75K
Franklin 71K
Oak Creek 64K
Greendale 54K
State of Wis 49K

Now I know what the difference is between Upscale and trash. It is only 14K per year. In order for a community to consider itself "UPSCALE" the medium HH income better top 100K. I consider myself and household very middle class, yet if my household had to drop down to 79K I wouldn't feel very upscale. Closer to poor would be a better description.

NewBerlin/Muskego/Franklin etc are upper middle class at best and no more. River Hills is upscale. Mequon, Elm Grove have upscale areas, not these places.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:05 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,109,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
Now I know what the difference is between Upscale and trash. It is only 14K per year. In order for a community to consider itself "UPSCALE" the medium HH income better top 100K. I consider myself and household very middle class, yet if my household had to drop down to 79K I wouldn't feel very upscale. Closer to poor would be a better description.

NewBerlin/Muskego/Franklin etc are upper middle class at best and no more. River Hills is upscale. Mequon, Elm Grove have upscale areas, not these places.
Spot on I was going to say the same exact thing. If 80K is upscale then all you would need is two people making 40K so that would be two truck drivers, two ups workers, two teachers, two garbage men, two city workers, two welders, two cnc operators, two bus drivers. I am not putting down these jobs at all since after I drive for a living but theses jobs are not considered upscale or white collar jobs except maybe teachers. It doesn't take a lot in my opinion to have a household income of 80K all you need is two people with high school degrees.

I reserve High income areas or upscale areas as truly upscale areas. Like well above 100,000 household income a year. Then you can make a whole new argument of people that make 200K but are not upscale at all or high class people but that's as they say another can of worms.

New Berlin, Muskego, Franklin are all just normal to me but all suburbs have subdivisions of very high wealth which drives up the averages in that city.
IE Bristloecone Pines in Hartland or The Stonefields in Mequon.

Last edited by Milwaukee City; 02-11-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee