Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Milwaukee A Dangerous City?
No/Nie 92 67.15%
Yes/Tak 45 32.85%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 02:43 PM

8 posts, read 11,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clam i am View Post
That's gay. On the list of Milwaukee homers, you are prolly 524,378th

There's nothing wrong that he likes both cities. The thing that's weird is the obsession. 90% of this guys posts are stroking Chicago's ego, yet he claims to be the biggest "homer" of Milwaukee ever. Smells fishier than Lake Michigan in early June.

Back on topic, Milwaukee does not feel like a dangerous city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 03:20 PM

402 posts, read 971,784 times
Quote:
That's gay. On the list of Milwaukee homers, you are prolly 524,378th

Your remark of that's gay is derogatory. You are not a person who thinks of others.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:25 PM

12 posts, read 15,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
Your remark of that's gay is derogatory. You are not a person who thinks of others.
Pretty broad assumption for someone who has never met me. Sure, judge and label me based on one remark. So, I think Milwaukee City's overdone kowtowing is a little bizarre. So what? I'm entitled to my opinion, and it doesn't mean that I don't "think of others" whatever that means.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:28 PM

12 posts, read 15,181 times
Milwaukee use to be a scary town in the 70s. The worst neighborhoods are still on the north side statistically. Lack of jobs in the area could cause Milwaukee to slip back into danger territory so I think the state better stop worrying about building choochoo trains and tollways and concentrate on the real problem...people aint got no bread.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:28 PM

72,817 posts, read 62,160,234 times
Quote:
Milwaukee use to be a scary town in the 70s. The worst neighborhoods are still on the north side statistically. Lack of jobs in the area could cause Milwaukee to slip back into danger territory so I think the state better stop worrying about building choochoo trains and tollways and concentrate on the real problem...people aint got no bread.
I thought it was the 1980's when Milwaukee became scary. That was about the time my father left Milwaukee. My father is a northsider.

Building trains, well, I have one thing to say about that. I agree that people need jobs, and the next thing I have to say, well, I am not kidding about. Why not kill two birds with one stone. Use building the trains and other projects as a well to build more and better things in Milwaukee, and provide jobs for people. That should be part of the purpose. Milwaukee could use an updated transit system. Why not build one? More jobs. I am sure there are some abandoned buildings in Milwaukee that could be used for something besides being there derelict or becoming a crack house. Why not do this: Restore buildings that can still be salvaged and get rid of the buildings that are beyond repair. Another thing I am in favor of is this:Can a remedy serve for both global warming and poverty? : The New Yorker

This is just the start. You have a point. When people are broke and jobless(not to mention lacking in skills) crime can get very bad because of a pathology of survival. Creating jobs would just be a small part of the solution.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:12 PM

420 posts, read 1,233,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Depends on your frame of reference. Compared to Tijuana or Caracas, Milwaukee is a resort town. Compared to Stockholm, Milwaukee is a hellhole. By American crime averages, Milwaukee is fairly dangerous. By American urban standards, it's pretty average.

Milwaukee is dangerous, very dangerous. I work in the juvenile detention center so I see the crimes they commit. When we discipline them they often threaten us. "If I catch you on the outs I'm goin do this or that". The teenagers are the most dangerous. They love to steal and rob people. Horrible, not a place for a family. If you have daughters they will try to turn them out, if you have sons they are not cool with, they'll try to rob and bully them.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:59 PM

8,276 posts, read 23,004,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Milwaukee is dangerous, very dangerous. I work in the juvenile detention center so I see the crimes they commit. When we discipline them they often threaten us. "If I catch you on the outs I'm goin do this or that". The teenagers are the most dangerous. They love to steal and rob people. Horrible, not a place for a family. If you have daughters they will try to turn them out, if you have sons they are not cool with, they'll try to rob and bully them.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,780,358 times
Quote:
And since we all know that Milwaukee is the only place with sociopathic youth, that makes is uniquely dangerous.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:35 AM

72,817 posts, read 62,160,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And since we all know that Milwaukee is the only place with sociopathic youth, that makes is uniquely dangerous.
Sarcasm, your specialty.....and mine to a certain extent

Milwaukee has some problems, I won't lie about that. Milwaukee still struggles with unemployment and poverty and those issues need to be dealt with in a proactive manner. With that said, Milwaukee is not as violent as it has been. The violent crime rate has dropped in recent years, at least in the last two years. And Milwaukee isn't the place with youths who behave like sociopaths. The last time I checked, Atlanta has a higher violent crime rate than Milwaukee and there are alot of sociopathic-behaving persons. I have actually been mugged and robbed by three youths, in the suburbs of all places, where I was "suppose" to be safe. When I was 11, some teenager took his paintball gun and shot me with it at point-blank range. We weren't playing a game and I had no equipment on. He took took his gun and shot me with it for no particular reason, with little emotion, as if he thought it was a joke. He wasn't even a poor kid. He lived in my subdivision in what is a middle-class neighborhood. Sociopaths are everywhere.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:43 PM

711 posts, read 1,682,426 times
Quote:
So, you saying the worst of the worst kids are trouble? Wow, thanks for that revelation. What's next, there's white trash in Stallis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee