Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshea View Post
Just put my order in- THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshea View Post
For the record- Riverwest is bordered by the Milwaukee River on the east
(not Humboldt, there is at least one block and a couple cul-de-sacs before Humboldt) and north, Holton Street on the west, and Capitol Drive on the south.

Oh ma god, ok I'll go & measure just how far it is exactly from Humboldt to the river. I'm certain that is what the OP is looking for. I think I'll go take a drive west on Locust starting at Oakland to Humboldt, I'm pretty sure there's just a park in between that bridge over the river & Humboldt, but let's not get technical here, shall we?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM

104 posts, read 416,387 times
hee hee- I was feeling a bit snarky earlier...sorry!!

PS- let me know how those measurements come out

Old 06-30-2009, 05:44 PM

4 posts, read 26,932 times
Thanks for the help, everyone! I'll be leaving for WI next week (it will take me two days of solid driving to reach Milwaukee! :O) I'll be staying with relatives while I look for a place. I'll have to see if I can find an upper with heat included. I'm getting pretty excited - have heard many good things about Milwaukee! PS: Does anyone here have a border collie or a road bike? Those are my two hobbies. Now my next step is to find someone else in Milwaukee with the same hobbies :-D

Old 06-30-2009, 06:02 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,004,031 times
There are two bike shops in the UWM area where your looking for your rental.
The Bikesmith on Murray and Locust has a biking club and can help hook you up with fellow road bikers. Also try Cory the Bike fixer on Murray and Greenwich. Can't help with the dog. Sorry.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazelm View Post
Does anyone here have a border collie or a road bike? Those are my two hobbies.
I have a specialized road bike and a Jamis mountain bike, here this might help.

Urban Milwaukee » Championing Urban Life In The Cream City

Milwaukee by Bike

Old 07-06-2009, 12:54 PM

6 posts, read 14,264 times
I have lived in Riverwest for a few years... I've had my car stolen and my house broken into but never been personally assaulted. That doesn't mean in can't happen but just use common sense. I am still in Riverwest but have acquired a garage and an apartment on the second floor and feel much safer. Also check out WE energies plan (not sure what it's called) where you pay the same every month. You will pay more in the summer but winters are cold and you can be very suprised by an outrageous heat bill so check into it. I pay $45 a month all year long. I also went to UWM and the closer you are to the campus might be your best option but crime is everywhere so just be careful. Brady street is also a nice area and lots of apt buildings have parking if you're willing to pay extra. Also Brady street is busy so you might feel safer. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee