Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:26 AM

29 posts, read 381,115 times

Advertisements

Fact is that too much on Wisconsin's legal case website is NOT always correct and it's extremely difficult to get it corrected. For example, I know of a man from Illinois where legal website's like WI's does not exist because the Illinois Supreme Court Justices do not believe in such website because they believe the website like WI's CCAP violates its Citizen's Constitutional rights to privacy and civil liberties. Cook County, IL (to my knowledge and ongoing research since 2004) is the only IL county that has a legal website similar to WI's. Either way, the man that I know from IL is the former Chicago Mayor's legal adviser. He had a 'hit and run' in 2000 in WI and an OWI hit and run in spring of 2008. There are three postings on CCAP for three different cases stemming from the same 2008 accident yet his year of birth is correct in only one of the three cases posted online. This simply is incorrect in addition to not making any sense. It couldn't have been because he lied about the 'year of his birth' but only demonstrates the incompetence of the people who entered the data into the CCAP system itself.

The fellow was high up in the political 'buddy-system' and politics of Illinois so he managed to get his case transferred to Cook County, IL and walked away with a slap on the wrist and three years of probation. He retained his license to practice law and had his brother-in-law sign a document stating to the judge that he would 'look of for him' or 'vouch for him' in order for him to 'skate' away with only a three year probation sentence. The Illinois Citizens can 'check out' Wisconsin Citizens but Wisconsin Citizens cannot do the same to Illinois people. This somehow doesn't seem like justice but a venue for more corruption, harassment and abuse of WI's Citizens via the existence of CCAP website.

It is very unfortunate that WI's Citizen's do not understand the dynamics of what goes on between the WI & IL people's Constitutional rights and civil liberties simply because of the fact that WI's CCAP legal website exists in WI and there is not one in IL (except for Cook County, IL that went live after 2004 to the best of my knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
I see you have been doing some self reflection. Either way, why do you want to hide public information? The information that you have a problem with is also public in every other state, why is it such an issue here?

Is the real problem that you are running from the facts or just want them hidden so well that only lawyers and government officials have easy access to them? Why do you want to make it so difficult for the common person to access court records?
Jesse276,
The problem is that there is no 'consistency' from State to State therefore the WI Citizens are a a disadvantage when trying to rebuild their lives after having paid their debt to society and wanting to get on with their lives. Who elected that WI's Citizens should be made the guinea pigs for a laboratory for democracy via the 'going live' with the existence of CCAP for the first time in January of 1992???!! (Jan. 1st, 1992, Villas County, one of seventy-two counties in WI, went live with their CCAP system. I have a signed letter from the circuit county court.) The Wisconsin Bluebook (2005/06) states that the Wisconsin's CCAP website went live in April of 1999. This may have been done intentionally to deceive the public. This is my belief.

Either way, there is not 'Due Process' in Wisconsin because as soon as someone is arrested it posts to CCAP and all the data that is private goes public BEFORE DUE PROCESS, A CONVICTION AND SENTENCING!!! Their lives are turned upside down by harassing neighbors, co-workers, landlords, healthcare providers, teachers and have very little chances of being hired. And most than likely get fired if the case seems to be displayed on CCAP as heading towards a 'guilty' verdict.

The website is abused by the general population and is used to harass, disctiminate, abuse and rob a person of their Constitutional right to privacy and civil liberties at every level of a person's personal and professional life. Really a pathetic situation.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
People on there have paid there dues and should get on with their life. It should not be shown forf "everyone", to see, It's not their business, all it does is cause damage to the people on there.
Yeah, I guess that is why the former President signed into law 'The Second Chance Act' which unfortunately is not recognized in this state along with 'Due Process' since when a person is arrested their data is posted to CCAP prior to due process; being 'proven guilty', conviction and sentencing.

The Wisconsin Courts, interestingly enough, treats out of state people differently. They do not post personal data other than year of birth and sometimes they try to even eliminate it. Wisconsin's Citizens seem to be totally oblivious to how their Constitutional right of privacy and civil liberties are being robbed from them. One has to look at the whole picture across these United States and compare their websites that were developed after WI went live with CCAP in Villas County, WI on Jan 1st, 1992 (1st of the 72 WI Counties to have gone 'live' with CCAP).

Old 10-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
If it is factual information, why is it a problem? If you are eligible to get your record expunged, then take that route, but don't be upset with public records being public.
Wisconsin does not offer 'expungement' unless the person is underage. Illinois, however, does. Again, just another way Wisconsin's Citizens are being robbed of their Constitutional rights that other US Citizens enjoy in other states.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom4US_Citizens View Post
Fact is that too much on Wisconsin's legal case website is NOT always correct and it's extremely difficult to get it corrected. For example, I know of a man from Illinois where legal website's like WI's does not exist because the Illinois Supreme Court Justices do not believe in such website because they believe the website like WI's CCAP violates its Citizen's Constitutional rights to privacy and civil liberties. Cook County, IL (to my knowledge and ongoing research since 2004) is the only IL county that has a legal website similar to WI's. Either way, the man that I know from IL is the former Chicago Mayor's legal adviser. He had a 'hit and run' in 2000 in WI and an OWI hit and run in spring of 2008. There are three postings on CCAP for three different cases stemming from the same 2008 accident yet his year of birth is correct in only one of the three cases posted online. This simply is incorrect in addition to not making any sense. It couldn't have been because he lied about the 'year of his birth' but only demonstrates the incompetence of the people who entered the data into the CCAP system itself.

The fellow was high up in the political 'buddy-system' and politics of Illinois so he managed to get his case transferred to Cook County, IL and walked away with a slap on the wrist and three years of probation. He retained his license to practice law and had his brother-in-law sign a document stating to the judge that he would 'look of for him' or 'vouch for him' in order for him to 'skate' away with only a three year probation sentence. The Illinois Citizens can 'check out' Wisconsin Citizens but Wisconsin Citizens cannot do the same to Illinois people. This somehow doesn't seem like justice but a venue for more corruption, harassment and abuse of WI's Citizens via the existence of CCAP website.

It is very unfortunate that WI's Citizen's do not understand the dynamics of what goes on between the WI & IL people's Constitutional rights and civil liberties simply because of the fact that WI's CCAP legal website exists in WI and there is not one in IL (except for Cook County, IL that went live after 2004 to the best of my knowledge.
One other thing I just researched was that the fellow I mentioned in my previous post was that the fellow who was the former Mayor of Chicago's chief legal adviser managed to have enough pull in this state, despite the fact he was from Illinois, to only be charged with not only a 'misdemeanor' for his 'hit & run' in 2000 but also was only charged with a 'misdemeanor' for his 2008 'hit & run with bodily injuries'.

This is a classic example of how WI's Citizen's rights are being overlooked and how Citizen's of Illinois are perceived by the Wisconsin's justice system as Constitutionally superior to WI's Citizen's rights.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM

711 posts, read 1,681,127 times
Quote:
Wisconsin does not offer 'expungement' unless the person is underage. Illinois, however, does. Again, just another way Wisconsin's Citizens are being robbed of their Constitutional rights that other US Citizens enjoy in other states.
Exactly which constitutional right is being robbed?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Exactly which constitutional right is being robbed?
Well, well, well. If you could be like a fly upon the wall over the past nineteen years of CCAP's existence and be able to look at the whole picture of this Nation and how WI's citizen's rights compared to other states then you would definitely realize that the rights that are being robbed from WI's Citizens (County by county as the CCAP website unfolded since it having first gone live on January 1st, 1992, would be a Wisconsin Citizen's right to privacy and their civil rights.

I imagine it is difficult for you to comprehend since you've not studied the issues in comparison to other states in the US in such areas as job discrimination, housing discrimination, discrimination in healthcare services and even educational services to name just a few areas where the data posted on WI's legal case website CCAP is being used to harass, bully and even commit more crimes by use of the data therein.

If only the WI Citizen's were more open minded and took the time to research the subject matter as compared to other states over these past nineteen years perhaps they realize that they are 'not' treated as others are being treated in other states with respect to their Constitutional rights to privacy. Perhaps you do not believe there is such a Constituational right. If that's the case then its useless for me to try to explain it or answer your question. Do some research before you ask such an ignorant question. Sorry don't me any disrepect just frustrated with the ignorance of WI's citizens on the subject matter and with the legislature trying to pull a fast on WI's Citizens without even a vote on the matter. Remember the CCAP is not just viewed by people of this state. It is viewed by companies and corporations around the world. Why should WI's citizens be prostituted to the rest of the world via the posting of WI's Citizens' private information such as their address and date of birth. Again, Wisconsin was the first of the states to start court case legal websites of it's kind. Other states have followed and some do not have online websites at all.

In retrospect, what Wisconsin Legislative authority gave the right to volunteer WI's Citizens for the 'experiment' like CCAP (or WCCA) online website which is nothing but a laboratory for democracy.

I have researched this issue for years, literally. I have heard complaints from attorneys whose clients complain of job discrimination and housing discrimination among just a few complaints whereas the data is being used for the purposes for which the website was not designed. But only the legislature through the citizens can change this ongoing injustice.

Here's another thought to ponder. It is commonly known in the mental health care profession that many people drink or do drugs because of childhood sexual abuse (or rape/abuse in their adult years). If it is a child and they have tried many, many times to bring this to the attention of legal authorities not only throughout their years of growing up but also into their adult years but they find no justice. If that person gets busted for an OWI the case posts to CCAP PRIOR TO BEING CONVICTED (da! this is not 'due process'). They find themselves up against a brick wall in their seeking justice for crimes that have been committed up their person but because of the data being posted on CCAP there will likely be absolutely no justice and the data on the website will be used by the very person(s) who committed crimes up that persons they victimized to impeach their case and scrutinize the victim's credibility. It allows the victim to be re-victimized over and over and over again and allows the perpetrator to evade justice. I've seen it many, many, many, many times!!!!

Basically it's as if anything, a crime, happened prior to CCAP's (Wisconsin's WCCA legal website) existence the victim is expected to be as if it never happened. It's easier to re-victimize the victim that to bring the criminal to justice. It's also cheaper for the system. Not sure I'm getting my point across. Bottom line, it's a system that allows people who have made the wrong choices out of sheer frustration of the justice system in their quest for justice to be re-vicimized. Mental health care providers have expressed their frustration to me because they see clients that really try to get their lives together, pay their debt to society and want to get on with their lives but are stigmatized and discriminated against in all aspects of their personal and professional lives simply because their case(s) are listed on CCAP (WI's WCCA) website. Somehow this doesn't make any sense to me. I can't help but believe that professionals in the mental health care field want to see their clients be successful and not go back to doing drugs or drinking but the existence of CCAP undermines all the work that they have patiently and caringly provided to his/her client because the client will be up against a brick wall and find himself/herself frustrated and inevitably go back to the same old pattern.

I am sorry if you cannot grasp my views. Hopefully you will someday. Again, please keep it in mind that the data is viewed all around the world which also means by terrorists around the world. This may make you laugh a bit to yourself or smirk. You may mumble a few words to yourself as you read this but it's a very serious thing. Computers are not going away and considering that attempts at the US's powergrids have happened perhaps you should truly think about any personal data (home address, date of birth, etc.) data posted on the World Wide Web about a person is a violation of federal laws, the Constitutional right to privacy. Anyone who has data posted on any legal website in this Country is as if that person is less than a US Citizen by the mere fact that it can be viewed around the world!!!! This is not justice!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Well, well, well. If you could be like a fly upon the wall over the past nineteen years of CCAP's existence and be able to look at the whole picture of this Nation and how WI's citizen's rights compared to other states then you would definitely realize that the rights that are being robbed from WI's Citizens (County by county as the CCAP website unfolded since it having first gone live on January 1st, 1992, would be a Wisconsin Citizen's right to privacy and their civil rights.

I imagine it is difficult for you to comprehend since you've not studied the issues in comparison to other states in the US in such areas as job discrimination, housing discrimination, discrimination in healthcare services and even educational services to name just a few areas where the data posted on WI's legal case website CCAP is being used to harass, bully and even commit more crimes by use of the data therein.

If only the WI Citizen's were more open minded and took the time to research the subject matter as compared to other states over these past nineteen years perhaps they realize that they are 'not' treated as others are being treated in other states with respect to their Constitutional rights to privacy. Perhaps you do not believe there is such a Constituational right. If that's the case then its useless for me to try to explain it or answer your question. Do some research before you ask such an ignorant question. Sorry don't me any disrepect just frustrated with the ignorance of WI's citizens on the subject matter and with the legislature trying to pull a fast on WI's Citizens without even a vote on the matter. Remember the CCAP is not just viewed by people of this state. It is viewed by companies and corporations around the world. Why should WI's citizens be prostituted to the rest of the world via the posting of WI's Citizens' private information such as their address and date of birth. Again, Wisconsin was the first of the states to start court case legal websites of it's kind. Other states have followed and some do not have online websites at all.

In retrospect, what Wisconsin Legislative authority gave the right to volunteer WI's Citizens for the 'experiment' like CCAP (or WCCA) online website which is nothing but a laboratory for democracy.

I have researched this issue for years, literally. I have heard complaints from attorneys whose clients complain of job discrimination and housing discrimination among just a few complaints whereas the data is being used for the purposes for which the website was not designed. But only the legislature through the citizens can change this ongoing injustice.

Here's another thought to ponder. It is commonly known in the mental health care profession that many people drink or do drugs because of childhood sexual abuse (or rape/abuse in their adult years). If it is a child and they have tried many, many times to bring this to the attention of legal authorities not only throughout their years of growing up but also into their adult years but they find no justice. If that person gets busted for an OWI the case posts to CCAP PRIOR TO BEING CONVICTED (da! this is not 'due process'). They find themselves up against a brick wall in their seeking justice for crimes that have been committed up their person but because of the data being posted on CCAP there will likely be absolutely no justice and the data on the website will be used by the very person(s) who committed crimes up that persons they victimized to impeach their case and scrutinize the victim's credibility. It allows the victim to be re-victimized over and over and over again and allows the perpetrator to evade justice. I've seen it many, many, many, many times!!!!

Basically it's as if anything, a crime, happened prior to CCAP's (Wisconsin's WCCA legal website) existence the victim is expected to be as if it never happened. It's easier to re-victimize the victim that to bring the criminal to justice. It's also cheaper for the system. Not sure I'm getting my point across. Bottom line, it's a system that allows people who have made the wrong choices out of sheer frustration of the justice system in their quest for justice to be re-vicimized. Mental health care providers have expressed their frustration to me because they see clients that really try to get their lives together, pay their debt to society and want to get on with their lives but are stigmatized and discriminated against in all aspects of their personal and professional lives simply because their case(s) are listed on CCAP (WI's WCCA) website. Somehow this doesn't make any sense to me. I can't help but believe that professionals in the mental health care field want to see their clients be successful and not go back to doing drugs or drinking but the existence of CCAP undermines all the work that they have patiently and caringly provided to his/her client because the client will be up against a brick wall and find himself/herself frustrated and inevitably go back to the same old pattern.

I am sorry if you cannot grasp my views. Hopefully you will someday. Again, please keep it in mind that the data is viewed all around the world which also means by terrorists around the world. This may make you laugh a bit to yourself or smirk. You may mumble a few words to yourself as you read this but it's a very serious thing. Computers are not going away and considering that attempts at the US's powergrids have happened perhaps you should truly think about any personal data (home address, date of birth, etc.) data posted on the World Wide Web about a person is a violation of federal laws, the Constitutional right to privacy. Anyone who has data posted on any legal website in this Country is as if that person is less than a US Citizen by the mere fact that it can be viewed around the world!!!! This is not justice!
I'm not going to read a long winded rant and waste my time.

Now, which constitutional right is infringed? Keep it short or continue talking to yourself.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:43 PM

Default "Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge."

Quote:
I'm not going to read a long winded rant and waste my time.

Now, which constitutional right is infringed? Keep it short or continue talking to yourself.

Now, I realize that you do not believe in the Constitutional right to privacy or you would not be asking this ignorant question over again.

Let's think about what happened 'after' 9/11. Did you ever hear of the 'Patriot Act'? Well, did you know that because of that law everyone had to provide a physical address, NOT A POST OFFICE BOX, to their financial institutions, the DOT of their state and other entities. I was working at the airport in Green Bay, WI at the time for the owner of a multinational label company and doing lots of building of airplanes and flying.

9/11 happened nine years AFTER Wisconsin's CCAP (or WCCA) website first went live in the first of WI's seventy-two counties of Wisconsin (Villas County, WI). This opened up WI even more and exploited the Citizens of WI even more since they were required to provide a physical address more so than prior to this point.

When my boss passed away two days after I relocated from Green Bay, WI to the Southeastern Wisconsin, his estate went into probate. His estimated estate value WHICH POSTED TO CCAP was 3 million. Just another injustice that should not be happening. What business is of other countries around to world to see how much someone's estate value is in this state but it's not required of other states to do the same via a legal court access website that is set up precisely on the same format as WI's. Do you get it yet??????!!! Again, you seem to want to just ask ignorant questions for me to reply to without even trying to look at the entire situation. In this case, 'I am' wasting my time by responding to your post.

I am fifty-one years old and I've researched the topic of the Constitutionality of Wisconsin's Circuit Courts Access (WCCA or CCAP) for the last nineteen years of its extistence. How long have you researched the topic? Tell me what angle you know with respect to how it has negatively impacted out Wisconsin economy, labor market, housing issues, health care matters and other areas where the data can (and has been) wrongfully used. Communication is a two way street and it seems that I'm expressing what I not only feel but what I know from years of research, yet you just sit back and repeatedly ask the same question; for me to explain what Constitutional right is being violated.

The IL Supreme Court Justices had concerns about the privacy issues of implementing a legal website like WI has and because out fear of its Citizen's rights of privacy being violated migrated away from implementing such a website. Please read this article: 'Online court access elusive
State justices hold firm, cite privacy' by Michael Higgins Tribune staff reporter February 11, 2007.

If after reading the article above and you still have to question about the Constitutional right of privacy please see an attorney that specializes in Constitutional Law. I am not one. I am only a mere paralegal with six years of college and honors but I'm not a Constitutional attorney. Please remember the famous quote by Amos Bronson Alcott "To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant."

If you want links to numerous threads, documents and online complaints about Wisconsin Circuit Courts Access website please let me know and I'd be happy to forward either the 'links' or the physical documents themselves via snail mail or e-mail.

I think this conversation has reached it's end. I can's say anymore especially to someone who simply will not take a movement to look back in order to see the forward. Good day!

"Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge." by Alfred North Whitehead

"When one comes to think of it, there are no such things as divine, immutable, or inalienable rights. Rights are things we get when we are strong enough to make good our claim on them." ~ Helen Keller

Old 10-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Now, I realize that you do not believe in the Constitutional right to privacy or you would not be asking this ignorant question over again.

Let's think about what happened 'after' 9/11. Did you ever hear of the 'Patriot Act'? Well, did you know that because of that law everyone had to provide a physical address, NOT A POST OFFICE BOX, to their financial institutions, the DOT of their state and other entities. I was working at the airport in Green Bay, WI at the time for the owner of a multinational label company and doing lots of building of airplanes and flying.

9/11 happened nine years AFTER Wisconsin's CCAP (or WCCA) website first went live in the first of WI's seventy-two counties of Wisconsin (Villas County, WI). This opened up WI even more and exploited the Citizens of WI even more since they were required to provide a physical address more so than prior to this point.

When my boss passed away two days after I relocated from Green Bay, WI to the Southeastern Wisconsin, his estate went into probate. His estimated estate value WHICH POSTED TO CCAP was 3 million. Just another injustice that should not be happening. What business is of other countries around to world to see how much someone's estate value is in this state but it's not required of other states to do the same via a legal court access website that is set up precisely on the same format as WI's. Do you get it yet??????!!! Again, you seem to want to just ask ignorant questions for me to reply to without even trying to look at the entire situation. In this case, 'I am' wasting my time by responding to your post.

I am fifty-one years old and I've researched the topic of the Constitutionality of Wisconsin's Circuit Courts Access (WCCA or CCAP) for the last nineteen years of its extistence. How long have you researched the topic? Tell me what angle you know with respect to how it has negatively impacted out Wisconsin economy, labor market, housing issues, health care matters and other areas where the data can (and has been) wrongfully used. Communication is a two way street and it seems that I'm expressing what I not only feel but what I know from years of research, yet you just sit back and repeatedly ask the same question; for me to explain what Constitutional right is being violated.

The IL Supreme Court Justices had concerns about the privacy issues of implementing a legal website like WI has and because out fear of its Citizen's rights of privacy being violated migrated away from implementing such a website. Please read this article: 'Online court access elusive
State justices hold firm, cite privacy' by Michael Higgins Tribune staff reporter February 11, 2007.

If after reading the article above and you still have to question about the Constitutional right of privacy please see an attorney that specializes in Constitutional Law. I am not one. I am only a mere paralegal with six years of college and honors but I'm not a Constitutional attorney. Please remember the famous quote by Amos Bronson Alcott "To be ignorant of one's ignorance is the malady of the ignorant."

If you want links to numerous threads, documents and online complaints about Wisconsin Circuit Courts Access website please let me know and I'd be happy to forward either the 'links' or the physical documents themselves via snail mail or e-mail.

I think this conversation has reached it's end. I can's say anymore especially to someone who simply will not take a movement to look back in order to see the forward. Good day!

"Not ignorance, but ignorance of ignorance is the death of knowledge." by Alfred North Whitehead

"When one comes to think of it, there are no such things as divine, immutable, or inalienable rights. Rights are things we get when we are strong enough to make good our claim on them." ~ Helen Keller
I ask for a quick answer and you don't get it... no one is reading your rants.

Anyone who posts like you've been doing is considered a nut and ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee