Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:50 PM

3 posts, read 20,016 times

Advertisements

I so agree with freespirited1 that is so truth, I dont want to be involved in people lifes, peopel do make mistakes, and sometimes like in my case I could not afford an attorny so I pleaded no contest and peopel assumed that I was guilty , I think that if some one wants to know my bussiness they should either go to downtown and find out about it or they should have a system where they would have to pay to see your case.I think that is invasive and I think that this has to be taken out.

Read more: [URL]//www.city-data.com/forum/milwaukee/315149-ccap-wisconsin-court-access-online.html#post3579481#ixzz0VOZi4zP7[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 06:24 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
So why did you start the same thread over again? It was closed for a reason.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:00 AM

448 posts, read 1,819,767 times
I talked to a local sociology professor who is very liberal and is involved with criminal justice affairs. He didn't have a problem with CCAP but he did have a problem with the criminalization of sex offenders who have been permanently labeled and harassed long after they did their time. Many of these people were not serial rapists or pedophiles but merely got caught up in the system with simple mistakes. Unfortunately the system does not seek to rehabilitate criminals or offenders, thinking that locking them up in an environment which encourages dehumanization is enough. The result is that people who are not real threats become threats when released and people who are threats become more dangerously so.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 28,263 times
Default Ccap wi

I agree , nobody should be able to access your records so easily. EVERYONE needs to write Governor DOYLE in regards to this. This is a discrimination for everyone on CCAP. Employers cannot go by this website for hiring people. WI is a number one state for Drunk Drivers the police seem to look for them all over the place. You can have one beer and be considered drunk in WI. LETS GET RID OF THIS CCAP FOR WI. IT IS NOT HELPING OUR STATE. Alot of the stuff on here is false and is taken off if you have won the case.....START WRITING YOUR GOVERNOR LETTING HIM KNOW HOW WE FEEL.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 AM

711 posts, read 1,688,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
I agree , nobody should be able to access your records so easily. EVERYONE needs to write Governor DOYLE in regards to this. This is a discrimination for everyone on CCAP. Employers cannot go by this website for hiring people. WI is a number one state for Drunk Drivers the police seem to look for them all over the place. You can have one beer and be considered drunk in WI. LETS GET RID OF THIS CCAP FOR WI. IT IS NOT HELPING OUR STATE. Alot of the stuff on here is false and is taken off if you have won the case.....START WRITING YOUR GOVERNOR LETTING HIM KNOW HOW WE FEEL.
Hmm, have you ever heard of the term sock puppet?

Old 02-13-2010, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 28,263 times
It will also show your Divorce, what is happening with it. Why should others be able to see this stuff. There are so noisy people at work who look everyday to see what is happening in your private life. NEED TO WRITE YOUR SENATORS & GOVERNOR. Look them up on their websites.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,668 times
Do you guys get the feeling that the people who are SO opposed to ccap are the ones w/perhaps quite a criminal history?

Old 02-15-2010, 11:49 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,676,902 times
That would make a lot of sense. The old saying "Forewarned is forearmed" is very appropriate.

CCAP is great for gauging potential drama, or worse. My own personal example, was an old acquaintance who tried to reconnect with me some time ago. The guy seemed shady in the past, but I never witnessed anything firsthand. When he tried to reconnect with me, I pulled up the ol' CCAP website, and checked him out. I was right; he had screen pages of entries in CCAP, mostly criminal violations, harassment restraining orders, evictions, habitual deadbeat, menacing threats, that type of thing. The guy is just a deadbeat and a thief who has victimized countless landlords, investors, businesses, and individuals, end of story. He told me things were "going great". Since he sought me out after over fifteen years, my immediate suspicion was that he was just looking for someone to tap into for a nonrefundable "business loan" to get him through a few more months before moving on to the next sucker. No thanks, but thank you CCAP.

Having said that, I'd hardly judge a potential friend or employee because they got a divorce or a couple of speeding tickets, or an old civil judgment. Most intelligent people can make that distinction.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:28 PM

181 posts, read 687,303 times
CCAP is a DISGRACE. People should be able to move on with thier lives, not be constantly PUNISHED. It shows unforgiveness, grudgefulness and vindictiveness.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 AM

711 posts, read 1,688,815 times
I appreciate open access to court records, most complaints are seriously overblown. If someone is looking for an excuse to discriminate against someone, they will find a way.

CCAP merely provides court history and record information, important things to keep open records open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee