Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 02:41 PM

41 posts, read 58,462 times

Advertisements

The Milwaukee Bucks have suffered though some awful, injury plagued seasons and bad management up until last year. Perhaps all that pain felt by Bucks fans is finally over! Meet Brandon Jennings, youngest player in NBA history to shoot over 50 points in a game. It's early, but the kid has shown he can take control of a game and make it stick, even without the help of Michael Redd and now injured Andrew Bogut. What's even better is that national press has taken notice. Hopefully he can keep it up, and if you've seen him play live, you have a feeling he will.
Here's some highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVbslDP-ia8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
He looked great at home against a Warriors team not known for playing defense OR WINNING GAMES.

I wish Jennings and the Bucks well though.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:40 PM

41 posts, read 58,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
He looked great at home against a Warriors team not known for playing defense OR WINNING GAMES.

I wish Jennings and the Bucks well though.

No offense, but I haven't heard anyone else downplay that performance.
Jennings has looked great in nearly every game he's played. He dropped 29 the other night without Redd or Bogut on the floor.

Let's put that historic night in perspective.
The Warriors were sinking almost every shot they took. They were hot.
Jennings did not score a single point in the first quarter.
Jennings scored the 55 while only going 6 for 8 from the charity line
Anyone who knows basketball knows that those are incredible numbers for a rookie, against any team. Golden State were not exactly pushovers that night.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 PM

Location: in the sun with all shadows behind me, in a small town with no "culture" to malign me
80 posts, read 94,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor and sven View Post
No offense, but I haven't heard anyone else downplay that performance.
Jennings has looked great in nearly every game he's played. He dropped 29 the other night without Redd or Bogut on the floor.

Let's put that historic night in perspective.
The Warriors were sinking almost every shot they took. They were hot.
Jennings did not score a single point in the first quarter.
Jennings scored the 55 while only going 6 for 8 from the charity line
Anyone who knows basketball knows that those are incredible numbers for a rookie, against any team. Golden State were not exactly pushovers that night.

Don't forget the fact that he still manages to share the ball! Hopefully he can keep it up. Jennings is not known as an accurate shooter. That and the fact that he barely went to the line and still scored 55 in 3 quarters was amazing. I had a friend who was at the game and he said the roof nearly came off the Bradley center when Jennings broke Kareem's record.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,004,031 times
Jennings will struggle at times, like all rookies, so I hope fans don't jump off the bandwagon as soon as he slumps. He is off to a fast start and it does bode well for the Bucks. The Bucks need to stay healthy more than anything, thats what killed them last year. Skiles has them playing hard, smart, moving the ball around better. The playoffs are a realistic possibility. The bigger question is what do the Bucks do with Michael Redd?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:57 AM

8 posts, read 11,867 times
Who is Brandon Jennings?

Old 11-29-2009, 12:27 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,419,077 times
I'm a big Bulls fan (from IL), but I gotta say, this Brandon Jennings kid is rockin' it in Mil-Town. You guys are taking down some solid teams, and are definitely improved over last season. Monday's game (Milwaukee Bucks vs. Chicago Bulls) @ the Bradley Center should be a good one, hopefully. I'm a bit worried, though. The Bulls have not fared well on their west coast "circus trip", and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucks took us down. Your other players like Andrew Bogut & Carlos Delfino have been great contributors as well. I'd say the most improved player on Chicago is Joakim Noah. Plus this season Luol Deng is no longer injured, and 2nd year sensation Derrick Rose is still a crucial part of our time. But we have inconsistent players like John Salmons, Brad Miller, and now Kirk Heinrich is injured. Should be a great game. Come end of the season, both our teams could be fighting for playoff spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor and sven View Post
The Milwaukee Bucks have suffered though some awful, injury plagued seasons and bad management up until last year. Perhaps all that pain felt by Bucks fans is finally over! Meet Brandon Jennings, youngest player in NBA history to shoot over 50 points in a game. It's early, but the kid has shown he can take control of a game and make it stick, even without the help of Michael Redd and now injured Andrew Bogut. What's even better is that national press has taken notice. Hopefully he can keep it up, and if you've seen him play live, you have a feeling he will.
Here's some highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVbslDP-ia8

Old 11-29-2009, 02:08 AM

Location: in the sun with all shadows behind me, in a small town with no "culture" to malign me
80 posts, read 94,028 times
Should be a decent game, however the Bucks have struggled to score late without Bogut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: