Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 01:00 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times

Advertisements

White people aren't innocent... We are the biggest and worst predators on earth. Black people aren't innocent either. To fight white predators, they turned to violence (or threat of it).

You can call me racist and whatever you want, but I haven't heard about white folks somewhere in Up-North or West-Allis, or any other place, to be gathering up and burning local gas station and all the cars parked around. Yet, https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...park/88994022/ , would you guess roughly percentage of black people in the crowd? And if you say - "yeah, but a cop started it by killing a black boy", sorry - one black guy (a cop) killed another black guy (innocent until proven guilty but he had 9 arrests and 1 misdemeanor), and the crowd started attacking white bystanders, Asians, and Indians? But ... apparently it started way before the black guy was killed if you look carefully.

So, does it make me a racist if I am really suspicious when I see an unknown black dude, and more so if I see more than a few?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 08:17 PM

138 posts, read 156,196 times
Take it for what its worth. My foreign born wife loves Waukesha county because of how accepting the people are but has found Madison to very racist in comparison. Shes lived Phoenix and LA also. Says Milwaukee suburbs are the friendliest and least racist place she's been.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:38 PM

512 posts, read 474,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschooldad1 View Post
Take it for what its worth. My foreign born wife loves Waukesha county because of how accepting the people are but has found Madison to very racist in comparison. Shes lived Phoenix and LA also. Says Milwaukee suburbs are the friendliest and least racist place she's been.
I find this very hard to believe. Everywhere I go in Madison, I stumble across "Hate Has No Home Here" and "No Matter Where You're From, Where Glad You're Our Neighbor" yard signs. A community can't be anymore welcoming to refuges than that, and I very much doubt you'll find many yard signs like that in Waukesha County. You couldn't pay a conservative to put up those yard signs!

That say, there are definitely racists in Madison and Dane County, but, speaking as an African American, the people there have tended to be more welcoming and "live and let live" than anywhere in Waukesha County!

Old 04-14-2018, 10:01 PM

I had some transgender friends who
a) found higher acceptance of transgender folks specifically in Madison
b) found themselves very unwelcome in Madison Suburbs...

Could both notions be true? I think it is true because I've been there and saw it.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:17 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
There is no ‘one size fits all’ in this case.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
There is no ‘one size fits all’ in this case.
I think Madoson proper (as in downtown and whatever other 'progressive' areas) attract like-minded people. If you search LGBT rentals or roomshare, you'd find more in Madison than in Milwaukee (that is 5 times bigger). But "concervative / traditional values" people are concentrated in bigger numbers in the nearest suburbs.

That's my theory and I am going to stick to it

Old 04-24-2018, 01:34 PM

2,661 posts, read 3,859,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Utter and complete nonsense you're spouting. How do you live in one of the most liberal cities in America and hold these beliefs?

*When you get followed around the store under the suspicion that you're a criminal, then get back to me.
*When a landlord erroneously tells you a rental property is no longer available and your white best friend is subsequently shown the property hours later, then get back to me.
*When your application gets denied for an ethnic-sounding name and your white best friend whose name is Ben gets the job with similar qualifications, then get back to me.
*When you are being followed around the store under the suspicion that you are shoplifting while an unassuming white person is slipping a pair of earrings into their purse one aisle over, then get back to me.
*When you are being stopped and pulled over for a broken taillight and being prompted to reach into your pocket to present your driver's license and then being fatally shot for it, then come back to me.
*When you go into a white neighborhood to help your white best friend move his furniture out of his house and two older white women call the police accusing you of robbing someone's house, then come back to me.

All of the above scenarios which I have posed above have happened to me, with the exception of the 5th scenario. The last scenario happened to me in Cedarburg. It won't surprise me if you don't get anything out of this post because you're a white male, so you have a hard time seeing it from the other side.
How can I live in Portland? Easy - pay little attention to the loud, whiny, nut jobs that populate the area.

All those things you mention are surface commentary and may or may not be based on skin color or name. You cannot prove anything. Even if you could - SO WHAT?? You gonna go through life as a victim???
Seems like you only punish yourself in that case.

Besides #5 - what do these anecdotal stories have to to with BLM and police shootings?? I contend that the leaders of these types of BLM groups love it when a Police shooting occurs. It allows them to get back in the limelight. The truth is not relevant to their cause.

If living in a town where a few people put up a yard sign makes you happy, go for it.
If a yard sign makes you feel a neighborhood is not racist, go for it.
If Madison, (my hometown) which in many ways has proven to as close minded a place as one can find, is not racist then go for it.

However to condemn all of the people who happen to live in Waukesha County as racist is wrong and some folks will call you on it.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I had some transgender friends who
a) found higher acceptance of transgender folks specifically in Madison
b) found themselves very unwelcome in Madison Suburbs...

Could both notions be true? I think it is true because I've been there and saw it.
Just so you know, even liberals are guilty of transphobia. I know of several.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post
How can I live in Portland? Easy - pay little attention to the loud, whiny, nut jobs that populate the area.

All those things you mention are surface commentary and may or may not be based on skin color or name. You cannot prove anything. Even if you could - SO WHAT?? You gonna go through life as a victim???
Seems like you only punish yourself in that case.

Besides #5 - what do these anecdotal stories have to to with BLM and police shootings?? I contend that the leaders of these types of BLM groups love it when a Police shooting occurs. It allows them to get back in the limelight. The truth is not relevant to their cause.

If living in a town where a few people put up a yard sign makes you happy, go for it.
If a yard sign makes you feel a neighborhood is not racist, go for it.
If Madison, (my hometown) which in many ways has proven to as close minded a place as one can find, is not racist then go for it.

However to condemn all of the people who happen to live in Waukesha County as racist is wrong and some folks will call you on it.
In response to the quote in bold, did I not CLEARLY say that there are racists living in Madison and Dane County?

You have, once again, used BLM to rationalize your willful ignorance to race relations. Way to go.

I am really sick and tired of white people accusing me (and other ethnic minorities) of "victimizing myself" for innocently speaking out about societal issues that affect ethnic minorities. Yes, I said "innocently" because you want to know what's funny? When black people riot over a deadly shooting of an unarmed black man (a SOCIETAL problem), they get denigrated for it. But then, when an African American (such as myself) discusses the injustices he faces without resorting to violence or destruction, he STILL gets regarded as a victim. We can't win for lose it! I kid you not! How dare you!!!

BTW, I do NOT live my life as a victim. I am a successful businessman who consistently travels across the Midwest.

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 05-06-2018 at 06:13 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
White people aren't innocent... We are the biggest and worst predators on earth. Black people aren't innocent either. To fight white predators, they turned to violence (or threat of it).

You can call me racist and whatever you want, but I haven't heard about white folks somewhere in Up-North or West-Allis, or any other place, to be gathering up and burning local gas station and all the cars parked around. Yet, https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...park/88994022/ , would you guess roughly percentage of black people in the crowd? And if you say - "yeah, but a cop started it by killing a black boy", sorry - one black guy (a cop) killed another black guy (innocent until proven guilty but he had 9 arrests and 1 misdemeanor), and the crowd started attacking white bystanders, Asians, and Indians? But ... apparently it started way before the black guy was killed if you look carefully.

So, does it make me a racist if I am really suspicious when I see an unknown black dude, and more so if I see more than a few?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: How can you be a part of a marginalized community like LGBT yet choose to be hold these ignorant beliefs? Trans people have higher than average suicide and murder rates. How would you feel if I (as a straight cis male) cited one bad incident about trans people and made a hasty generalization about them as a group to collectively discredit them and justify why transphobia didn't exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee