Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 09:49 PM

7 posts, read 13,618 times

Advertisements

I've always been fascinated with the "hoods" and how gangs work and do their thing.

I'm trying to land a police job and to become a gang officer. I currently work in and around Milwaukee and have to make stops in several really rough areas.

A couple that comes to mind is Kal's Service over on West Applenton at West Center steet....

We just stopped up at the Citgo gas station on North Teutonia Avenue... I can't remember exactly what cross street was there..... but it had Chesters Chicken inside.....

I would like to hear of any stories related to rough areas, areas you've had trouble or have seen things go bad.....

..... Had me wondering today while I was at work....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 AM

20 posts, read 71,072 times
If you need advice for policing from a message board...maybe you should look for a new line of work

There are a bunch of other threads on here that discuss the "bad areas" of Milwaukee

Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 PM

13 posts, read 44,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newto53202 View Post
If you need advice for policing from a message board...maybe you should look for a new line of work

There are a bunch of other threads on here that discuss the "bad areas" of Milwaukee
from what I understood, he's not asking for help about dangerous areas, he is just interested in what people think are the bad areas.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:05 PM

7 posts, read 13,618 times
That or just things that have happened to you.... bad or good.

I know where a lot of bad areas are, here and there. Just looking for stories you might have....

Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 AM

196 posts, read 473,645 times
Just ignore Newto's rudeness.

Back in the 90s, my grandmother used to live on N. Dr. Martin Luther King Road and West Garfield Avenue in the northwestern section of Brewer's Hill. I remember at around the time she said a murder took place in those apartments and I was freaked out everytime I went there. I didn't understand why she kept on living there. She raised my dad in the Harambe area. I guess she was just used to that sort of thing.

My cousins used to live over in Sherman Park on Grant street and someone broke into their garage and broke into their car. I spent a night over their house a lot because they're my closest cousins so I was often freaked out when we were hanging out at night during the later hours. They had thee most beautiful house though.

I question how safe West Milwaukee is near 43. I recently dropped a guy I went out on a date with back to his house in that area in around October of last year. It was like 12 A.M. or so and I just followed his direction assuming we weren't going anywhere dangerous. Unwittingly I ended in an area that looked very hood (either Lincoln Village or Historic Mitchel street). Anyways, he told me a couple nights later he heard a series of gun shots and he and everyone in his house jumped for cover and ducked. Rolls eyes! just love that I was in that area a few nights from when gun shots were heard. I asked him why didn't he inform me it was a dangerous area and he says he doesn't know anything about Milwaukee and was just staying at his friend's house because he wasn't getting along with his parents (who live in Green Bay) as they didn't accept his homosexuality. Sigh! i swear @ the garbage anti-gay parents put their own offspring through. I now always ask anyone I drop off what kind of an area they live and where exactly otherwise they're going to have to hail a taxi.

Last edited by AmericanHistory09; 01-28-2010 at 08:57 AM..

Old 01-29-2010, 09:31 AM

88 posts, read 214,799 times
If MPD doesn't work out for you, try the Department of Corrections. We have gang officers at every institution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee