Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 PM

180 posts, read 661,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCity'Burbs View Post
Another black eye for the city of MKE.... way to go Bayview H.S., way to go indeed. The parents and Students should be very embarrassed of their behavior! I mean really,... have some self-control!
I don't know what the hell your talking about, but the fact that no one else in the city seems to be talking about it either lends me to believe the news stations have sensationalized another isolated incident in the city to scare its audience of suburban drones to sit through commercials.

However, I did just hear about a jogger that got raped in Oak Creek a few weeks ago... EXPLAIN YOURSELVES SUBURBS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWMEastsider View Post
are you saying 25th and locust is "safe" for a family and would raise kids there among other options?
Actually, I know a few people who live around there... it's not the most aesthetically pleasing part of the city, but it's safe enough for kids to play out in on the sidewalks during the day... which they do.

How familiar are you with that area, anyway? I mean, I'd hate to think you just picked a random area where black people live without knowing anything about it... especially after assuring everyone that you're definitely NOT a racist and have a racial grab-bag of close brown friends to prove it

Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 PM

39 posts, read 115,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solas View Post
I don't know what the hell your talking about, but the fact that no one else in the city seems to be talking about it either lends me to believe the news stations have sensationalized another isolated incident in the city to scare its audience of suburban drones to sit through commercials.

However, I did just hear about a jogger that got raped in Oak Creek a few weeks ago... EXPLAIN YOURSELVES SUBURBS!!!

Just because YOU didnt hear about it, doesnt mean it wasnt a big deal,right? Wrong.

I have read a lot of your posts about how much MKE's burbs and its residents disgust you. All of the negativity radiating from your keyboard is really getting old! Just like you told the UWM kid from Waukesha-"Why dont you leave. This city clearly isnt for you". As much as it will make your skin crawl, the burbs' are a big part of the fabric of this metro area! Somewhere, you mentioned you had left MKE for a while. You should consider it again. You are not part of any solution- you are the anti-solution at this point. All you do is throw gasoline on the fire.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:14 PM

402 posts, read 973,577 times
Quote:
Another black eye for the city of MKE.... way to go Bayview H.S., way to go indeed. The parents and Students should be very embarrassed of their behavior! I mean really,... have some self-control!

I missed this somehow.. http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95921404.html Plain stupidity I say. Just what we need. Assinine stupid stupid parent and student fools!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,996,403 times
Quote:
Just because YOU didnt hear about it, doesnt mean it wasnt a big deal,right? Wrong.

I have read a lot of your posts about how much MKE's burbs and its residents disgust you. All of the negativity radiating from your keyboard is really getting old! Just like you told the UWM kid from Waukesha-"Why dont you leave. This city clearly isnt for you". As much as it will make your skin crawl, the burbs' are a big part of the fabric of this metro area! Somewhere, you mentioned you had left MKE for a while. You should consider it again. You are not part of any solution- you are the anti-solution at this point. All you do is throw gasoline on the fire.
Whatever harsh words Solas has for the suburbs is small time compared to the beat down the city receives on a regular basis from the suburbs. I love the folks who brag how they never cross 124th st and take great pride in this. It's great when the mayor of Waukesha talks of the disfunction and problems of Milwaukee with no consideration or respect for the residents of Milwaukee. How about when Pete Kennedy of the Waukesha Freeman writes a column on how much Milwaukee sucks. Turn on Charles Sykes and listen to him trash Milwaukee on a daily basis. Check out some of the posts on this forum and see how others bash Milwaukee with complete disregard for the residents or others who are fond of the city. And your offended by Solas. Put yourself in our shoes once. Some of us, including myself, are hard on the suburbs, but much of this is venting due to the frustration with have to deal with due to the consistent degrading of the city we love.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
You obviously thought it was such a huge story that you took for granted that everyone would know what you were talking about and didn't even find it necessary to post a link. The lack of replies until I said something should tell you how off you were.

And having read the story now, I have to say the principal sounds like a real dick since the article didn't mention the students doing anything that might have actually been harmful to anyone. I'm not necessarily defending the actions of the students or parents after that, but it sounds like a situation that probably wouldn't have happened if the principal hadn't tried to micro-manage one of their proudest moments.

Quote:
I have read a lot of your posts about how much MKE's burbs and its residents disgust you. All of the negativity radiating from your keyboard is really getting old! Just like you told the UWM kid from Waukesha-"Why dont you leave. This city clearly isnt for you". As much as it will make your skin crawl, the burbs' are a big part of the fabric of this metro area! Somewhere, you mentioned you had left MKE for a while. You should consider it again. You are not part of any solution- you are the anti-solution at this point.
LOL... you don't say? I actually agree that the suburbs have a huge influence on the culture of the area in the sense that they're an anvil on its progress. What have the suburbs EVER contributed to Milwaukee aside from mega-malls full of crappy chain stores, whiny naive kids, traffic, animosity, prejudice and turning every large gathering into a glorified frat party? I am actually leaving Wisconsin by the end of the year... largely because I'm convinced that Milwaukee will never truly reach its potential due to being surrounded by such ignorant people who believe whatever Sykes and Belling tell them.

Quote:
You are not part of any solution- you are the anti-solution at this point.
Why do the suburbanites on here only seem to value civility when they feel attacked? Maybe when I see people in the suburbs (besides Ron Burgundy, of course ) getting on the case of city bashers I'll change my tune, but for now I'll show exactly as much regard for the suburbs as they show Milwaukee. You may not like what I have to say about the suburbs, but unlike most of what the Milwaukee bashers try to claim, you can't say I'm not telling the truth.

Quote:
All you do is throw gasoline on the fire.
Again... you only seem to get upset when people are bashing the suburbs. Why the free pass for those who bash the city? Are they not "putting gasoline on the fire" as you put it?

Last edited by Solas; 06-11-2010 at 08:55 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 AM

2,943 posts, read 5,056,824 times
Quote:
Racine is not a suburb of milwaukee. Racine is its own entity and even has its own metro area. So Racine and Sturtevant(suburb of racine) don't count. sorry. Did you read my post? I already mentioned Brown Deer being more diverse, so why did you list it? Glendale is a tie so you can't say its more diverse. So basically you told me that I missed West Milwaukee. Thank you for pointing that out. The point I was making was that Waukesha is more diverse than almost every milwaukee suburb.

OF 19 SUBURBS IN MILWAUKEE COUNTY THERE ARE TWO MORE DIVERSE THAN WAUKESHA. THIS IS THE POINT.

Races in Waukesha:
  • White Non-Hispanic (86.7%)
  • Hispanic (8.6%)
  • Other race (3.3%)
  • Two or more races (1.7%)
  • Black (1.3%)
  • Asian Indian (0.8%)
  • American Indian (0.8%)
  • Other Asian (0.5%)

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Waukes...#ixzz0qUczkdgo
Racine County is most definitely part of the 5 county Greater Milwaukee Area.

Milwaukee-Racine-Waukesha, WI CSA - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2006-2008

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

I'm not even sure why I'm arguing this, when you're from the town of Waukesha, population >10,000 at 97% white.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I do think that the bad areas are where all the black people are. i'm not a racist its just the truth. I was at the intersection of MLK and locust (not a terrible area i know, but the beginning of it) and some crackhead came up to my car and stuck his hands in my car demanding that i give him money. This wouldn't happen somewhere else. Its just the truth. I am not racist I have black and hispanic friends. I attended a school in waukesha that was 90% hispanic and 5% black. So most of my friends right now are of a race other than mine. Don't call me racist thanks.
I think you're guilty of being a chronic exaggerator. I have never once been approached for change while driving my car, in the nearly 2 years since I've lived in Milwaukee. I really don't even know how that would be possible. Do your windows not roll up or something?

Another thought that enters my mind is, perhaps people like yourself attract this type of negative attention through your own actions? With the lone exception of a break-in that happened when I first moved to Denver, I have never been the victim of a crime in my entire 27 year life. The perpetrators who broke into my apartment weren't dangerous colored folks, but rather students from the Art Institute of Colorado.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Wow... that's quite a tale there! Was this before or after the cop asked you about the shooting?
LOL. I was wondering that same thing.

Quote:
LMAO!!!! Fine, I'll call your bluff... what is the name of this whimsical school of Benetton's wet dreams that just happens to be in the heart of one of the most whitebred and prejudiced counties in all of Wisconsin?
As much as I hate to admit, he's telling the truth on this one. Believe me I did some digging to try and bust him out on that claim, but much to my surprise I discovered that White Rock Elementary School is 89.2% Hispanic. Though it should be noted that the rest of Waukesha's schools are over 70% white.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 AM

39 posts, read 115,737 times
Quote:

I actually agree that the suburbs have a huge influence on the culture of the area in the sense that they're an anvil on its progress.

Why do the suburbanites on here only seem to value civility when they feel attacked? Maybe when I see people in the suburbs (besides Ron Burgundy, of course ) getting on the case of city bashers I'll change my tune, but for now I'll show exactly as much regard for the suburbs as they show Milwaukee. You may not like what I have to say about the suburbs, but unlike most of what the Milwaukee bashers try to claim, you can't say I'm not telling the truth.

Again... you only seem to get upset when people are bashing the suburbs. Why the free pass for those who bash the city? Are they not "putting gasoline on the fire" as you put it?
Im not sure thats a fair statement. The county and city of Milwaukee's residents and government leaders have more influence over its progress than neighboring towns.

Iagree. I admit that I could be more proactive in defending MKE. I will put an honest effort into doing so. They should not have a free pass. But, city dwellers should think about not bashing suburbs as much either. Look at the countries in the mid-east who have been fighting for a thousand years. I know that is on a completely different level, but the point is, that both sides point the finger at eachother and nothing will ever get resolved that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee