Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 AM

7 posts, read 10,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by demtion35 View Post
For people that have trouble with getting drunk all the time and they want to have some support so they can stop drinking, or if they are court ordered to attend because maybe they have a domestic, or a dwi charge, or assault, or to get their drivers license back from suspension, or so the wife/husband will come back, if they are in a halfway house/treatment center for alcohol... AA Alcoholics Anonymous
AA has nothing to do with drinking. AA is designed for people to live a spiritual way of life. From the 2nd part of the 1st step on can apply to all people. where ever u got this information please do not share it with people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 09:38 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
Sounds like the materialistic motto for South Florida. Spend it - and hopefully by acting as if you have it - you will enter into circumstances that permit you to have it.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:34 AM

31 posts, read 116,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolar express View Post
AA has nothing to do with drinking; AA main purpose is to live a more spirirtual life. from the second part of the first step til the 12 step has to do with living right and changing how we perceive thing it applies to all people
Has Alchoholic in the name of AA but yeah has NOTHING to do with drinking. Never heard such an assinine comment in my life.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:45 PM

865 posts, read 2,500,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaalathas View Post
Has Alchoholic in the name of AA but yeah has NOTHING to do with drinking. Never heard such an assinine comment in my life.
Talk about shallow thinking... AA has nothing to do with drinking and everything to do with NOT DRINKING! And it is spiritual because it deals with altering your values and your perspective on life. I'm not an alcoholic and not an AA member and even I can figure that much out! NOW lets talk about assinine.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:35 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roneb View Post
Talk about shallow thinking... AA has nothing to do with drinking and everything to do with NOT DRINKING! And it is spiritual because it deals with altering your values and your perspective on life. I'm not an alcoholic and not an AA member and even I can figure that much out! NOW lets talk about assinine.
Some people require some sort of spiritual process in order to deal with things like alcohol addiction. AA provides that framework.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 PM

2,105 posts, read 4,597,839 times
Yes, AA meeitngs have been a good friend to many.

Last edited by demtion35; 09-06-2010 at 10:07 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
My sister had the belief that anyone needs at least 5 years to fully learn how to do their new job. In the meantime, you fake it and hope no one realizes you don't know what you are doing. Then when you learn what you are supposed to know, you have made it. So the term, "Fake it until you make it."

I saw many other meanings stated on this thread, but pretending that you know what you are doing on a new job until you really learn what you are doing is the only meaning I have ever know for that phrase. In other words, don't be a whiner or a crybaby needing help all the time. You have been given a job and you have a right to decide how you will do it unless someone says differently. Most people will cut a new employee a little slack as long as they are trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul