Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,845,309 times

Advertisements

I found this on the Star Tribune website, while looking for election results and coverage. This is very surprising to me, Eagan seems like a nice area to me and it seems like we have had a pretty violent summer so far in Minnesota.

"Eagan police intend to say more later Wednesday morning about a deadly shooting Tuesday night.
The killings occurred in the 1300 of Berry Ridge Road, police said.
KMSP-TV, Channel 9, is reporting there were three people found shot dead in a home. Two were inside the home, and the third in the backyard, the TV station said.
Police said they are not searching for a suspect, KMSP reported.
Police say they will release more information about 10:30 a.m."

Old 08-11-2010, 10:10 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,325,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by track2514 View Post
I found this on the Star Tribune website, while looking for election results and coverage. This is very surprising to me, Eagan seems like a nice area to me and it seems like we have had a pretty violent summer so far in Minnesota.

"Eagan police intend to say more later Wednesday morning about a deadly shooting Tuesday night.
The killings occurred in the 1300 of Berry Ridge Road, police said.
KMSP-TV, Channel 9, is reporting there were three people found shot dead in a home. Two were inside the home, and the third in the backyard, the TV station said.
Police say they will release more information about 10:30 a.m."
Without having any other information I'd highly suspect this is domestic. That's actually just a few blocks from where I used to live. I'm telling you, that isn't a great area...it's chock full of poorly maintained duplex rentals.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:50 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,050,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by track2514 View Post
Im curious, do you know why they aren't searching for a suspect? Do they usually look for suspects when this stuff happens?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 PM

118 posts, read 387,958 times
It's sad, but you don't look for a suspect if the suspect is already dead...

Old 08-11-2010, 12:46 PM

Couple shot dead in Eagan home; gunman kills self

A husband and wife were shot to death in their Eagan home Tuesday night by a gunman who then went behind the house and fatally shot himself, police said.
By PAUL WALSH and COREY MITCHELL, Star Tribune Staff Writers
Last update: August 11, 2010 - 1:40 PM

A husband and wife were shot to death in their Eagan home Tuesday night by a gunman who went outside in back and then fatally shot himself, police said.
Killed inside the home in the 1300 block of Berry Ridge Road were Svetlana Hanson, who turned 25 Monday, and Charles Hanson, 42, police said. The fatal shots were fired through a front window, according to police.
The identity of the gunman was being withheld pending notification of relatives.
The weapon was found nearby, police said.
Police say they have yet to establish a motive. Police did say that Charles Hanson was the subject of a domestic assault allegation in 2009 and an order for protection two months ago.
Three children were in the home at the time and asleep, police said, adding that they related but not the couple's children. Also in the home was Svetlana Hanson's father. All were unharmed.
Next-door neighbor Jessica Rodriguez said she was watching television with her husband, Ramon, when they heard shots shortly after 10 p.m. amid the heavy rain.
"All we heard were the shots," she said. "We thought it was lightning."
Ramon Rodriguez said he heard a succession of bangs 10 to 15 seconds apart and knew that "lightning shouldn't strike four times in a row."
The Rodriguezes said police brought an infant, about 9 months old, over from the Hansons'. The child was retrieved by authorities about 30 minutes later.
Ramon Rodriguez said he had known Charles Hanson for about five years. He said that Hanson, once-divorced, was newly married to Svetlana Hanson.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:47 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,189,627 times
The update on the Trib says that the gunman killed himself.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:48 PM

This is really a sad story and I am interested to see why somebody would do this.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:09 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,378,659 times
No worries. It appears to have been domestic. Of course condolences to the victims.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:34 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,779,804 times
Just a cursory reading of even the first report is self evident that it was a domestic issue.
Why this would have someone reconsider the safety of a neighborhood mystifies me - domestic based crime happens in all sorts of areas.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 PM

Yes, it was domestic, the recent updates have said it was an ex-husband who killed his former wife and her new husband. Also, on a side note, they arrested a Los Angeles murder suspect in Eagan yesterday. This does not make me thing Eagan is a bad place, but I always think it is surprising to have incidents like this in upscale suburbs or areas of the cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul