Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 07:52 PM

252 posts, read 591,015 times

Advertisements

I'm new here, from IA. We are accustomed to going to the orchard every fall to pick some apples and a pumpkin or two.

Does anyone have a good suggestion of an orchard near (but not within) the twin cities?

Goals:
1) Large variety of apples
2) Hayrack rides
3) U-Pick apples
4) U-Pick pumpkins
5) Gift shop
6) Kids activities

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 09:45 PM

5 posts, read 14,708 times
I have personally been to Axdahl's for pumpkins in Stillwater MN, its off of 36 north, the corner of hwy 12 and hwy15. They had pick your own X-mas trees and other things.

Maybe you could check out:
Where to find pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Hayrides and More in Minnesota - and other useful Halloween information!
to see what you might find closer to your area.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:31 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
I've only been to one in recent times, but it has all the things you listed. They had a pretty good variety of apples and plenty of pumpkins to choose from. It's called Emma Krumbee's Apple Orchard, located off of Hwy 169 in Bell Plaine, MN. We're planning on heading to an orchard again this year and there's a fairly good chance we'll return to this one.

Here's the info:

Emma Krumbees Apple Orchard
507 East South Street, Belle Plaine, MN 56011-2153
(952) 873-3006

Old 09-13-2010, 08:43 AM

118 posts, read 316,385 times
We went Afton's last year and the kids had a great time. You can pick apples and raspberries, hay ride, corn maze, play ground, and some other fun stuff.

Afton Apple Welcomes You!

Just saw this on their web site.
" Due to hail damage this year we are not able to pick apples from our trees. "

Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 AM

701 posts, read 1,708,119 times
We like Minnetonka Orchards and Pine Haven. Minnetonka Orchards has apples--not sure about pumpkins since we go early in the season. Pine Haven has pumpkins and Christmas trees (pick-your own).

Old 09-13-2010, 10:26 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,870,451 times
how much are these kind of gigs? We have a little one that is coming up on 1 years old and we're interested in going to the Orchard but have no idea how much it costs? From what I've heard it could be an arm and a leg!!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 AM

252 posts, read 591,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
how much are these kind of gigs? We have a little one that is coming up on 1 years old and we're interested in going to the Orchard but have no idea how much it costs? From what I've heard it could be an arm and a leg!!
I don't know about the ones up here, but where I'm from they don't cost a lot, and its proportional with how much you do. I.E. if you just want to go to get a hayrack ride and do the games it would only cost you a small admission. However, if you want to pick a bunch of apples, pumpkins, and buy a lot of snacks and it would cost you more.

I've always considered it comparable to going to a movie, if you get popcorn and drinks, but you definitely get your money's worth.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,282,830 times
Where to find pumpkin patches, Corn Mazes, Hayrides and More in Minnesota - and other useful Halloween information!

Here is the link the poster above posted. Admission info is included. Several years ago we took our kids out to the Smith Farm in Litchfield. That place was amazing. It was more of a pumpkin patch, I don't think they have an apple orchard. They had a petting zoo, hunted barn, corn maze, crafts, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul