U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 08:24 PM

147 posts, read 350,699 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be at a conference in Minnetonka next week but I want to check out the the Twin Cities when I'm free. Aside from attempting to score some playoff twins tickets if they make it to the ALCS (they may be out of contention by this weekend), any recommendations for what to check out, particularly at night? recommended restaurants? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 09:31 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,144,593 times
There have been several threads on places to check out. Here are a few:

//www.city-data.com/forum/minne...in-cities.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/minne...is-2-22-a.html

Have a great visit--maybe a miracle will happen in NYC and you'll be able to check out a Twins game while you're here!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:45 AM

172 posts, read 756,767 times
Walker Art Center- the outdoor sculpture garden is beautiful, especially this time of year. There is also lawn bowling at Brit's Pub in Downtown Mpls, which is great. For other restaurants, which have outdoor seating, so you can take advantage of the great weather- Barrio- a tequilla bar with good food, and also The Local, a great spot to people watch and mingle, with great food too. If you're looking for a real foodie experience, and have some extra cash, I would highly recommend Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian restaurant with A LOT of meat... If you go, I'd highly suggest you get a Caipirinha, the Nat'l drink of Brazil. It will be around 50.00 a person though for dinner, which for some is a turnoff, but it's well worth the experience if you've never been.
www.walkerart.org
http://www.britspub.com
www.barriotequila.com
www.the-local.com
www.fogodechao.com

Have a great weekend=)

Old 10-10-2010, 04:46 AM

267 posts, read 520,867 times
The Mill City Museum is a really interesting place giving you the history of the beginning of Minneapolis and has great views. Then head over to the Guthrie Theater where you can go to the top floor and out on the cantilever viewing platform for free. Both of those offer great views of the city and can be done day or night.

Our family just did this yesterday actually and I was shocked how I hadn't really heard of the Mill City Museum and how well done it was.

While we were there we saw a Segway Tour going on - that might be fun too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul