Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 05:53 PM

267 posts, read 558,447 times

Advertisements

The Star Tribune has a story today about the release of Zagat's Top 10 restaurants for the coming year - Zagat reveals its top Twin Cities picks | StarTribune.com

Any other opinions on who should or shouldn't have made the list?

La Belle Vie
112 Eatery
Vincent
Restaurant Alma
Bar La Grassa
Meritage
Lucia’s Restaurant
Manny’s Steakhouse
Heartland Restaurant & Farm Direct Market
Oceanaire Seafood Room

I've only been to a few of them (112, Alma & Manny's) but they are all solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
It must've been a challenge to compile that list. If you took the average price of the menus of the ten most expensive restaurants in the Twin Cities the list would end up looking almost identical to this one I bet.

On a personal note, the only restaurant we've been to from the list is Vincent. It's an excellent restaurant but quite expensive.

My expertise in Twin Cities restaurants is in the budget category. That being said, I haven't been to enough of the high-end places to offer much input.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,731,484 times
Obviously highly biased in terms of expensive nice-night-out options, but there are definitely some top contenders on there. I haven't been to most of them because our current budget also is on the slim side, but the list certainly looks good. Some of them -- Lucia's, for one -- offer much more affordable brunch and lunch options.

Has anyone been to Piccolo yet? That's been getting a lot food buzz. My mother-in-law used to live a block away, so we've been watching that corner with great curiosity to see if it will succeed (a series of other restaurants have come and gone, but Piccolo is on a whole other level when it comes to ambitious food).

Everyone I know raves about Bar La Grassa.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:38 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,656,764 times
Some of those, like Manny's and Oceanaire, are hotel restaurants, so naturally cost twice as much as they would otherwise. But they are good. I've got to admit the bartenders at at those shops are top end pro's at their work.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
As somebody who likes to try out new restaurants it is surprisingly rare to find a restaurant with a combination of great food, great ambience and great service. Alot of times you can get 1 or 2 of the three, but rarely all three. In all honesty Vincent is one of the few places I've been to in the Twin Cities where I have gotten all three. Another restaurant that comes to mind is Azia (formerly on 26th and Nicollet). I'll definitely be checking out Tham Pham's new restaurant downtown. Anyone checked it out yet? It's called Wondrous Azian Kitchen I think.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:49 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
Some of those, like Manny's and Oceanaire, are hotel restaurants, so naturally cost twice as much as they would otherwise. But they are good. I've got to admit the bartenders at at those shops are top end pro's at their work.
Manny's is one of the best steakhouses I've ever been to (if not the best) in all categories -- and I've been to many. Quality like this just costs a lot, and I doubt it has too much to do with its relation to the hotel.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM

302 posts, read 726,933 times
No Cafe Lurcat???? That is my FAVORITE for a nice dinner. The Miso sea bass is SO DELICIOUS! The french fries, pureed potatoes, apple and cheese salad...they are all so fab! Plus it over looks Loring Park and has great views...so pretty at night!

I also really like Zelo's on Nicollet Mall.

A lot of the restaurants that made the list I find rather blah... (IMHO).

Slig: I've heard some NOT so great things on Wondrous Azian Kitchen (from acquaintances and from reviews). But haven't tried it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul