Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM

37 posts, read 46,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead123 View Post
" If OP or anyone is planning to move to another city just because they've heard that it's nice, as opposed to actually moving somewhere that will be good for them personally, they may be in for a surprise. "

I am a huge believer in 'happiness is from within'. Perhaps that's why I tolerated Mpls for so long.

I really feel, at this point, that the weather is a huge factor. I do not want to live in a tundra and battle the snow 5 months out of the year anymore. I feel it affects my health for one-- both mentally and physically. And the summers can be so hot and humid (last year was unexpectedly and uncharacteristically pleasant, though).

As I said, the politics are so lame. And maybe they are everywhere, but if they are so transparent to me that it makes me sick, maybe I'd be better off where they were a fresh and new lame.

And the attitudes...

I am thinking Portland for the weather, for being able to get outdoors with my dog, for it being dog friendly (as opposed to here), and it being not-so-ignorant, in general. And friendlier, in general. Better public transit, if I need it.

I just had to wake up and realize that I am not stuck here.
this is a great answer.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:49 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammi233 View Post
maybe because some of it is true
And maybe some of it is you.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousBlueRaincoat View Post
This thread got pretty interesting. It's neat that people like the city. On the Philadelphia forum, it seems like a lot of people suggest people don't live in the city period. On the other hand, there are some pretty lame comments here that remind me about how irrationally angry some people got at me when I expressed the fact that I would like to leave Minneapolis.

Ultimately, I'm personally a lot happier in Philadelphia than Minneapolis. But I was familiar with Philadelphia, and knew what I liked about (density, walkability, nice urban parks, public transit). It had most of what I wanted in a city, as opposed to Minneapolis, which had very little of what I wanted.
Philadelphia also is the home of Rocky Balboa.....Minneapolis will never be able to top that.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Philadelphia also is the home of Rocky Balboa.....Minneapolis will never be able to top that.
I'll raise you an F. Scott Fitzgerald. Wait, that's St. Paul...

Last edited by emcee squared; 02-17-2011 at 06:38 PM..

Old 02-17-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
And maybe some of it is you.
learn the skill of subtlety...u don't speak ur mind u have to skirt around it. This comment is just trash, remember u represent ur state!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammi233 View Post
learn the skill of subtlety...u don't speak ur mind u have to skirt around it. This comment is just trash, remember u represent ur state!
There are plenty of places here where people have complained that Minnesotans don't speak directly enough. What you call subtle, they call passive aggressive. You can't please everybody. The comment's not trash, it just must have hit a sore spot with you.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
as if! .... and this one actually exists.
http://www.thehotjoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/jesse-ventura.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM

455 posts, read 638,338 times
This thread is awesome! Nothing like a good "Minnesota sucks" thread for some quality entertainment.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:42 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
I relocated here many years ago. You write what you want and I'll read what I choose, thank you. When you put your thoughts and feelings in a public forum, you can't claim immunity from criticism. Now shouldn't you be over in the Portland forum looking for nirvana?
that'd be Seattle and they were a cheap imitation of the Mats anyway.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of places here where people have complained that Minnesotans don't speak directly enough. What you call subtle, they call passive aggressive. You can't please everybody. The comment's not trash, it just must have hit a sore spot with you.
it didn't matter to me, I was more worried about the person it was coming from. I normally would use more tact in trying to communicate this.

Don't worry about more comebacks...I'm leaving mpls and u got nothing to do with it---my days here are quickly dawning to a close, so u can't hit a sore spot even if u try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul