Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM

3 posts, read 7,033 times

Advertisements

I need help. I separated from my ex-husband about a year ago and our divorce was finalized in Oct 2010. We divided our assets equally and neither side asked for spousal support at the time, so it was a clean-cut. Now he sent me a "bill", listing some expenses that he paid for and is asking me back for money. The amount isn't small, but the point is, he never wanted this money back until now, I don't know how else to take it, except for that he's trying to cause more pain. My understanding is that I can ignore it, just because of the way we settled our divorce. However, confirmation from a legal expert would provide the peace of mind.

Can anyone please help? I don't hate this guy, but I am digusted, and that level is beyond words can express.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 07:29 PM

267 posts, read 558,273 times
My initial thought is to ask who handled the divorce at the time? It would seem natural to go back to the legal representation you used then.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:10 PM

we did the paperwork oursevles; no lawyers involved.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,655,638 times
"No lawyers involved" may be what got the OP in this predicament in the first place.

When I went through a divorce, my family law attorney, Betsy Anding in Edina, was considerate, prompt, not abrasive or combative, but knows her way around the family law circuit, and won't let bogus demands from the other side slide by without letting you know about them. When my partner's former lawyer dropped the ball on her divorce, I recommended Betsy to her, and she's also been pleased with Betsy's work. Highly recommended!

Old 02-26-2011, 01:13 AM

Default to audadvnc

thank you so much, audadvnc. I'll get in touch with her!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:52 AM

1,935 posts, read 5,829,251 times
Alexander Law Firm | Minneapolis, MN I believe divorce cases are one of Ian's specialties, and he is very affordable.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,517 times
I worked with Jenna from Heimerl & Lammers and she was incredible. She got my child custody agreement and helped me stay strong during my divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul