Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:46 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,656,764 times

Advertisements

Minnesota is wretched! Snow, mosquitos ... Nothing worthwhile here, makes me just want to drown myself in one of those 10,000 lakes.

If they put in a new Vikings stadium, OTOH... we'd have to put up a fence to keep the Wisconsinites out. Birth certificates, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 PM

455 posts, read 1,114,578 times
If you like 7 months of winter, then MN has a great quality of life. Almost May and still snowing. Yeah, such an awesome place to live!

Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
Some of you have really profound remarks! How do you come up with the material each time?

Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Living in the Twin Cities Metro area is far from anything that resembles "city living", but that's coming from someone who has lived in downtown Chicago.

Minnesota is a great place to raise a family. People are very friendly to strangers, have strong family ties, very aware of child safety, great public schools.

Only problem: I saw this with many others coming from "warm weather states"....you maybe have a hard time dealing with the winters. It's no joke to someone who hasn't experienced one and I've seen families pack up and move out the following summer, but if you have experienced a Minnesota winter and can handle it just fine, then it sounds like you're a good fit.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,027,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
If you like 7 months of winter, then MN has a great quality of life. Almost May and still snowing. Yeah, such an awesome place to live!
To be fair, it melted nearly as soon as it fell. It's been above freezing since I woke up this morning. Not that that's wonderful or anything. I'd certainly prefer 60 degrees and sunny.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 PM

455 posts, read 1,114,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrex View Post
To be fair, it melted nearly as soon as it fell. It's been above freezing since I woke up this morning. Not that that's wonderful or anything. I'd certainly prefer 60 degrees and sunny.
Yeah, but for people who have flowers blooming in late April, having everything freeze on them doesn't exactly contribute to quality of life. I don't have a garden, but I know a few people who do.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,027,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalife View Post
Yeah, but for people who have flowers blooming in late April, having everything freeze on them doesn't exactly contribute to quality of life. I don't have a garden, but I know a few people who do.
Oh definitely. I knew that nearly-70-degree-weather was too good to be true. We're getting payback for being too hopeful.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:12 AM

10 posts, read 17,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
Well, where do all of these "Career people" put all of their things? The fruits of their labor. They must need houses? Cabinets to store their things right? Someone has to get their hands dirty. That is where people like me come in. You see, the "Career people" need us "Job" people! They just don’t like to admit it.
I agree with you Handog, all these career people in tech jobs, etc must have homes and these homes will need repairs. Families are constantly expanding and outgrowing their living space. What do they do, let their homes fall into disrepair, pitch a tent in the back yard for the new family member?

Old 05-27-2011, 10:29 AM

411 posts, read 992,453 times
It's years like this that test my patience. Snow up to the rafters, torrential rains and I'm sitting on our deck at the end of May wearing a jacket. Oh, and it's going to rain some more.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:14 PM

3,971 posts, read 9,676,224 times
Yea, nice 50's and it's almost june.

Can anyone please give me an explaination? I can't believe there hasn't been a 60 minutes special on how crappy this spring has been, what a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul