Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 801 times

Advertisements

Hello all - I'm interested in a couple of foreclosures or short sales in the Falcon Heights/Lauterdale/St. Paul neighborhoods close to the UMN St. Paul campus. We're moving to the area and have received several recommendations for real estate agents from friends and family, but no recommendations for agents with significant experience in short sales or foreclosures. Any suggestions appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 03:26 PM

164 posts, read 515,622 times
Default All the major real estate companies do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by notveryhappy View Post
Whatever you do, make sure you understand the buyer agent agreement. If you go with Coldwell Banker Burnet Realty, they will hit you with an extra fee above the commission they will recieve from the seller. Make sure the agent tells you that even if a commissioin is paid by the seller, you will still have to pay an additional fixed amount. It isn't a small amount either. Plan on an extra $395 - $450. They will try to gloss over it and then you will be stuck. DO NOT AGREE to this extra fee. I wish it had been explained to me but it wasn't. In my experience, Coldwell Banker Burnet Realty in Minnesota only wants to make sure buyers and sellers pay for the fallen real estate market which reduced the commissions they were used to making when real estate prices were absurd. STAY AWAY!
...but that doesn't make it right, especially if the client feels they have been "tricked."

As an independent brokerage, I pride myself on not charging these junk fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul