Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:01 AM

2,105 posts, read 4,606,236 times

Advertisements

[quote=DoveWing;19220753]Well if you have a nice house you need to let in people that don't have one in to use it. You probably work so how is it fair to the people that don't work but want a real nice house and pool to enjoy sometimes?

That's the problem is people think that if they just go to work that what they buy is just for them, but it should belong to the people. Doesn't matter if it's even a pack of cigs. If you can buy a full pack why shouldn't others be able to get one since you have so many? If not you're a greedy rich person
"it should belong to the people" It sounds like something Arnold S. says in a movie

Last edited by demtion35; 05-19-2011 at 11:13 AM..

Old 05-19-2011, 11:19 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,687,079 times
What a weirdo. Why would you show up and just expect to use someone's pool? What a moron

Old 05-19-2011, 11:32 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveWing View Post
Well if you have a nice house you need to let in people that don't have one in to use it. You probably work so how is it fair to the people that don't work but want a real nice house and pool to enjoy sometimes?

That's the problem is people think that if they just go to work that what they buy is just for them, but it should belong to the people. Doesn't matter if it's even a pack of cigs. If you can buy a full pack why shouldn't others be able to get one since you have so many? If not you're a greedy rich person too.
Did this "rich man" offer up any proof that the house was in fact his? I think they are required to do that and it's something you should mention to the judge at your trial. He could have been a squatter himself as far as you knew.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 AM

6 posts, read 18,125 times
Thank you to all that replied!

This post was created as part of a study for my class. We were told to put up similar posts on random forums - in key business markets around the country to get reactions from the masses.

When this was posted in business friendly areas (low taxes, right to work, etc) like major metro areas in AZ, FL, TX, TN, SC, etc, there was a far better rate of reply. More importantly those replies would immediately condemn the liberal entitlement mindset. Points such as when I stated that the brother in-law was working as a junk salvage person but still collecting unemployment benefits were immediately pointed out, since this is fraud.

In areas like Minneapolis people are either to afraid to speak out against this persons illegal actions and entitled mindset, or sadly support it. I'm leaning towards the latter given that very few states have a higher income tax rate (only HI, OR, and those making more than $1M annually in CA and NY), proving a liberal war against business and those that have created large asset base for themselves.

CNBC recently named MN the very worst state to do business in. The ironic part is many of the residents truly can't understand this because yes - many large companies were founded in MN and continue doing business even claiming MN as their home. However, most - if not all of these companies were founded here when the tax rate was a mere fraction of what it is today and certainly continue to operate here because profits made doing business in other states, are taxed in that state (i.e. Best Buy, Polaris, Target, etc) not here in MN. Manufacturing industry jobs are becoming extinct because this type of industry is generally taxed where the wholesale - sale is made (MN). In addition, the unfair union practices and inflated wages they create have chased others out as well.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:07 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,030,499 times
Assuming that you actually did create this as part of a "study" for class, I hope you'll realize how absolutely moronic this is.

I'm sure you got a lot of replies in those lovely "low tax, right to work" states. Minnesotans, with an inkling of sense and a bit of education, can read your post and realize that you're a troll and that your story was so over-the-top and implausible that there was little need to reply. I mostly chuckled throughout the whole thing. It's essentially one giant stereotype of poor, unemployed people who "feel entitled".

I mean really? What school are you going to? Glenn Beck's Beck University?

On another note, another recent study found Minnesota was the 10th best state to start a new business in. So I suppose diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks?

Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,095,000 times
Quote:

This post was created as part of a study for my class. We were told to put up similar posts on random forums - in key business markets around the country to get reactions from the masses.

When this was posted in business friendly areas (low taxes, right to work, etc) like major metro areas in AZ, FL, TX, TN, SC, etc, there was a far better rate of reply. More importantly those replies would immediately condemn the liberal entitlement mindset. Points such as when I stated that the brother in-law was working as a junk salvage person but still collecting unemployment benefits were immediately pointed out, since this is fraud.

In areas like Minneapolis people are either to afraid to speak out against this persons illegal actions and entitled mindset, or sadly support it. I'm leaning towards the latter given that very few states have a higher income tax rate (only HI, OR, and those making more than $1M annually in CA and NY), proving a liberal war against business and those that have created large asset base for themselves.

CNBC recently named MN the very worst state to do business in. The ironic part is many of the residents truly can't understand this because yes - many large companies were founded in MN and continue doing business even claiming MN as their home. However, most - if not all of these companies were founded here when the tax rate was a mere fraction of what it is today and certainly continue to operate here because profits made doing business in other states, are taxed in that state (i.e. Best Buy, Polaris, Target, etc) not here in MN. Manufacturing industry jobs are becoming extinct because this type of industry is generally taxed where the wholesale - sale is made (MN). In addition, the unfair union practices and inflated wages they create have chased others out as well.
oooooooooooh...Science!

Old 05-19-2011, 12:20 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,098,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oooooooooooh...Science!
Is there a problem with conducting a "study" when you already have foregone conclusions?

Discuss.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,192,147 times
Seems sort of silly to base a study around something like this. I looked at the post, and immediately thought it was a joke. Or a really extremely dumb person...either way, the requirements for me to ignore it were met.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:30 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,030,499 times
I suppose the good thing for us "liberal entitlement mindset" Minnesotans is that at least we know what states to put out advertisements for "Oceanfront property in Minneapolis for sale!"

Old 05-19-2011, 12:32 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,721,463 times
Quote:

Maybe the reason you didn't get such a great response here is that the first five responses said you were full of it. And we were right!! Actually, I think your story about doing this for a class is also a lie. Please share with us the name of this renowned institution of higher learning and the name of the class. I'd like to check in with your prof to get more details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul