U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 PM

345 posts, read 782,860 times

Advertisements

I recently flew to/from MSP Airport and I have to say that I am extremely impressed. Getting to the pick-up and baggage claim was so easy. MSP seemed very walkable. On my way back security and check-in was super easy, it was incredible! Once I got past the security there was a huge mall area. I had never seen anything like it. By far, the best retail in any aiport that I've been to and the restaurant options were very good. The entire airport was very clean, walkable, accessible, and very well signed.

One of, if not the best, airports I've used. Good job Twin Cities!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM

5,833 posts, read 6,969,254 times
I was just flying back to MSP from a business trip and while trying to find something to eat at the major airport we were flying out of, I was struck by how much nicer our own airport is. It's nice to hear that my reaction wasn't just hometown bias.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 AM

7,508 posts, read 4,135,684 times
I love our airport. I'm always so excited every time I get to fly somewhere. It's also organize and they have so many food court option. It's almost like a mini-mall.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:39 PM

54 posts, read 106,385 times
Agreed. We really do have one of the better airports out there. I've heard from many out of towners how easy our airport was to navigate and how many shopping and dining options they had. I recently flew back into MSP from Atlanta and Hartsfield was an absolute nightmare that day. Yet to have a bad experience at our airport.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM

455 posts, read 599,638 times
I know you all are talking about Lindbergh, but I love the Humphrey terminal... it is so painless to fly out of there.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 PM

10,629 posts, read 25,337,290 times
I think MSP recently won some industry award for best airport retail space. I agree that it's a nice airport; certainly more efficient than many out there. And I REALLY love how convenient it is. It's not way out in the sticks like some airports, so it's very easy to get out there for flights (and the LRT connection is great, too). It's pretty easy to navigate for being a busy international airport.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,453,140 times
Now if only we could get TSA to back off on their concentration camp tactics, flying could be worth the trouble again...

Old 06-30-2011, 07:21 AM

23,784 posts, read 26,460,285 times
Many great photos and information here regarding Minneapolis Speedway which predates the airport as an intended major auto racing facility.

Google Image Result for http://www.gotomn.com/racing/history/minn500/25-Speedway%20Field%201922%20NE%20corner%20aerial.JPG

Attached Thumbnails
Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport...-mpls-speedway.jpg  

Old 06-30-2011, 07:33 AM

5,530 posts, read 11,125,872 times
Thanks for the good review!

I think the MAIN reason I prefer MSP is because it is SO user-friendly! Very few airports of its size are so easy to use/navigate. Sometimes I'm surprised it's not as popular as other airports with more passenger traffic, but then I remember that Delta (formerly Northwest) has a monopoly here and prices are among the highest in the nation -- money is king!

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM

11,333 posts, read 24,317,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsmoke View Post
I know you all are talking about Lindbergh, but I love the Humphrey terminal... it is so painless to fly out of there.
Me, too! We used to fly Midwest ... and now fly Airtran when we fly back to the Cities to visit friends and family because they use the little terminal. Not that the main terminal at MSP is bad at all, but the smaller one is like flying into a small town. It's very nice and not as hurried/stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>