Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,036,333 times

Advertisements

What exactly is a Minnesota Star City?
A friend of mine moved to outside of Annandale recently after graduating from Spring Lake Park high school this year, and today she had to drive there because she had something important to do at the school and she wanted company so she picked me up from St.Cloud. I saw at when entering Coon Rapids a sign that said "Minnesota Star City" What exactly is a star city and how do they determine which cities become star cities?
Im going to assume based on the name "Star" it means something along being one of the best cities in Minnesota? I recall seeing some of those signs elsewhere(Mankato, I think, if I'm remembering right...)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,066,170 times
I think it was something to do with economic growth several years ago

Old 07-28-2011, 05:17 PM

11,334 posts, read 25,968,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
What exactly is a Minnesota Star City?
Minnesota Star City Program (PDF File)

Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM

70 posts, read 278,604 times
I believe it was in 1983, when Governor Rudy Perpich appointed Mark Dayton the Commissioner of the newly expanded Minnesota Department of Energy and Economic Development (DEEDS). Commissioner Dayton created the Minnesota Star City Program. This initiative worked with local official to provide training to business owners, and other community leaders to help them provide the means of retaining their existing businesses and recruiting new businesses. Minnesota Star Cities are cities that have gone through this training process and provide incentivies for businesses.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 PM

247 posts, read 573,169 times
i dont know what forum to post this on, but im wondering if minnesota is still a good place to move to live and raise a family, the economy and anything else. how has the government shut down affected things and what is the future looking like for minnesota? Ive always wanted to live there, left there when i was a little kid, been back many times and really want to live there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul