Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,880,875 times

Advertisements

Pancho Villa's, on Eat Street in South Minneapolis (25th and Nicollet) is a good little Mexican dive that may or may not be such a secret, but their happy hour deals may as well be, because it's not NEARLY as busy as it should be for 2-1's on already cheap margaritas and Dos Equis (LATE into the night)! I also love the chips and dip as well as the rest of their food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 06:51 AM

88 posts, read 139,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebinminn View Post
Fat Nats Eggs in New Hope is good, they've also opened one in Brooklyn Park. I've only had breakfast there.
I'll second this

Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM

411 posts, read 992,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Pancho Villa's, on Eat Street in South Minneapolis (25th and Nicollet) is a good little Mexican dive that may or may not be such a secret, but their happy hour deals may as well be, because it's not NEARLY as busy as it should be for 2-1's on already cheap margaritas and Dos Equis (LATE into the night)! I also love the chips and dip as well as the rest of their food.
You mean that place with the valet parking? The one packed to the gills every night?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Taco Taxi on E. Lake St. near Bloomington, next to Mercado Central, for amazing tacos. Get 'em Mexicano style.
And La Hacienda futher down Lake near 4th.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,343,321 times
I have a few:

1. Obento-Ya: a great little Japanese restaurant just north of Dinkytown on Como Ave. I'm not into sushi myself, but I really like their bento boxes (with salmon and tempura):

OBENTO-YA japanese bistro

2. Sorrentos: a great little old-style italian lunch place in the Soo Line Building (skyway level) in downtown. Nothing fancy, but great size portions. I especially like the Chicken Parm lunch, which includes chicken parm, pasta, salad and breadsticks for about $7.

3. Sapor: a great place to go for a special evening out. Located along washington Ave N at about 5th Avenue, this bistro restaurant offers a small, always changing menu nightly, but I've never been disappointed.

sapor - Google Search

4. Samba: a great little Brazilian restaurant in downtown Hopkins. Very reasonably priced, especially for lunches.
http://www.sambatasteofbrazil.com/

5. The Big 10: Located at 606 Washington Avenue SE in Stadium Village, this place makes the best sub sandwiches I've ever had. Plus you get free popcorn!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 AM

256 posts, read 586,203 times
El Norteno, 40th Ave East and Lake Street. It's about the only Mexican place we go. First Wok 2 blocks west of 494 and Portland is good for a few things, I like the Orange Beef and the fried dumplings, my wife likes the Sesame Shrimp. The Himalayan, 24th Ave East and Franklin is good north Indian.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
The Himalayan, 24th Ave East and Franklin is good north Indian.
Thanks. Always wanted to try this place. It's in a building that's been many different restaurants over the years so I was hesitant.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,343,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
El Norteno, 40th Ave East and Lake Street. It's about the only Mexican place we go.
I just heard someone talking about this place last week. He gave rave reviews!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,425,172 times
A ways out for most of you, but Ginger Cafe in Ramsey is great. Thai, Vietnemese, and Chinese dishes. 6 of us went and everyone was very happy with the dishes (lots of sharing, so everyone tried everything).

Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 PM

413 posts, read 764,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooks35 View Post
I'll second this
Fat Nat's is phenomenal. My favorite breakfast place. I usually get the turkey omelet, because it's made with real turkey, as opposed to the sliced deli stuff. Their French Toast is awesome as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul